It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain scans reveal out-of-body illusion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
None of what they're studying proves anything, and findings are still related to their expectation of outcomes. Some of us would suggest that those who leave their bodies are still connected to their minds, and there would still be a function occurring in the brain.

But there is a whole other issue, in that some people feel that this is the other side of the mirror, and the inner journey is the literal way back home. Infinity within, and the universe is the workings of our soul body/orb, though tend to see it as a shared dvd that we all insert.

Its pretty hard to name the outcome when you can't name what you're in.

I guess it depends on your view of what constitutes in the realm of telepathy, and the underlining meaning to that puzzle, i never used the god helmet but i would like to try the Shakti Neural Stimulation Systems, it is kind of the same, but yea Unity_99 it's all conjecture at this point.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Neuroscientists have known for several decades that an individual's 'sense of presence' can be tricked through magnetic manipulation of the brain.
But that isn't what's happening in this experiment.

To elicit the illusion, the scientist touches the participant's body with an object in synchrony with identical touches being delivered to the stranger's body, in full view of the participant.

It's like this effect:

In the experiment the brain scanner was used only to locate where in the brain the sensation occurred, it did not to induce the sensation.

I've been "fortunate" enough to have had a couple of MRI scans of my head. In spite of that hefty magnetic field, I never felt any sensation of any sort, except boredom.

Interesting video. Try being derealized and looking at your hands feeling as if they are not yours. They look like yours, you know they are there. But they're somehow unfamiliar. It wasn't just my hands. It was everything. That was a freaky 4 months!!

Our brains are very interesting.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

As far as the hand 'de-realization' some adolescents (I've heard) put their own hand to sleep to simulate ...er well , perform a self-erotic manipulation...

Our brains are very interesting

And yes... we wouldn't be interested in much without them... but most seem to get by okay that way.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
a reply to: smurfy

lol...well, luckily the cell phone won't hurt you.

High tension power lines, that might be another story. While there is no definitive proof that they are dangerous, I wouldn't live under one. Can't say I've ever seen an energy exec offer to live next to one either....

Not likely in America, I can't speak to other nations. The high tension in America generally use aluminum threading as a conductor with XLPE ( en.wikipedia.org... ) insulating coats and kept well out of reach.

//EDIT
The simple formula for the force of the magnetic field of the wire is a cross product F = IL x B. Even with very large currents through the wire (which has low impedance) the magnetic field will not have much strength more than a few feet from the wire.

//END

Though there are likely locations which are not held to such standards, they are not likely to be accessible to the general public unless they know what they are looking for and are looking for it real hard.

-FBB
edit on 8-5-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Double Post
edit on 8-5-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
So its not magnetism.
Still a good read though.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Disclaimer - I don't recommend anyone go zapping their brain with magnetic field stimulation as this may have serious consequences to your health.

Too late. You should have made your disclaimer the first lines of the post.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Disclaimer - I don't recommend anyone go zapping their brain with magnetic field stimulation as this may have serious consequences to your health.

Too late. You should have made your disclaimer the first lines of the post.

Okay, I confess... It was an [un]subtle suggestion....

Pesky meddling kids....

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I don't know about you. Something fishy about someone with a psychedelic avatar like that yet always acting like a debunker. Kind of reminds me of 40 year old civilian police with "street clothes" trying to fit in.

Not saying you're a shill, just saying you're always saying "the right things" aren't you? Always on the side of the official narrative. Gets kind of tedious on a site like this but I guess it's just part of the discussion, someone has to debunk the debunker.

As for the experiment. Always nice to see science progressing. Though I feel like the underlined implication for a lot of people pointing to this is the notion that this is some kind of proof of their materialist world-view. I wouldn't go that far but keep trying. It will all be for naught in the end.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

This is the Sci&Tech forum. Demonstrably daft statements unbacked by evidence (and outright refuted by evidence which should really be common sense, i.e. MRI scanners) will invariably be challenged. Credulity and ignorance are not an admirable traits.
edit on 2-6-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I don't even know what you're on about. Your post didn't make much sense to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I find reading the comment chain in chronological order helps.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The mind and it's reactions are a very strange thing....for instance i had this jerk in my life slip in subliminal words in me and others subconscious, now what i have seen is, this, the words he slipped in me were again activated in the placement of music in my head, for instance his subliminal would cover up a particular word that the artist was singing in a song, if the artist said something like "now today i am going to pick up my clothes in a rain storm" i would hear with his subliminal's slipped in me the artist sing "how (instead of now) today am i (instead of i am) going to pick up my wash (instead of clothes) in a rain storm, now the meaning of this was a command by the jerk who did this to me and others to manifest the hidden words the artist was saying to some how come to life with the words covered up, these words covered up... NOW, I AM, CLOTHES.....and somehow the words would manifest in certain occasions to make it seem like the words he hide would come to life in the song some how....

Now i have studied the human brain and i have been witness to the effects the subliminal's had on me, and at this point my best guess is some manifestations did seem to take effect, i saw others that did not have the subliminal's in them kind of act strange some times, but only very few times, the more conclusive result is that the subliminal's in me made me see things that the person who put the subliminal's in me, wanted me to see, another way he could activate the subliminal's per say, but the human mind can be played with and from experience you will see strange oddities in terms of what is called the super natural manifest, done by mostly illusion by the person who would slip in the subliminal's, in some cases why others not effected by this person who used no subliminal's on them, can see some of the strange things happening, is where i am stuck on this, i do know it's caused by mostly (like 90 percent) illusion by the subliminal's...and to me the rest should be easy to figure out....
edit on 23-8-2015 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join