It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made in the Image of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have posted this in the Gray area for those who believe what science can not prove and what they can not disprove

The word God is used to describe The Creator

However this Creator is all names and all things

How can we see The Creator
We can not directly view The Creator ... but we can see The Creation all around us and within our thoughts

When we hear the word Image ... we tend to visualise something ... perhaps images another has laid down in say a book or painting
Representing The Creator ... such as Michaelangelo's image of God giving the spark of life to Adam ... God being presented in Human form

Is it possible that God can appear in the Human Image ... Well this is claimed by some Christians through Jesus
God set apart a part of himself and Jesus is that part as are we all
We are part of The Creator ... If God had a body what would it look like ... The Universe to which we all belong is my suggestion

How are we like God ... We were given life as a being of soul, gifted with a part of Gods Intelligence
Our bodies are their own Universe ... but who is responsible to care for this universe ... I say the individual soul of which we all are ... You are the intelligence at the helm of your body ... and God is the Intelligence at the helm of the Universe

God or the Creator can be described by being a Higher Intelligence ... and is not absent ... You can know through your own thoughts and conceive yet never touch or see the true reality of it ... For when we view ourselves as we really are in the Big Scheme of it all ...one can be only humbled

edit on 30-4-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
For someone who suggests we cannot prove or disprove god, you sure have a lot of absolute knowledge about this individual.

You see, although science can't prove or disprove the notion of a god (notice how I said "a god" not, your god), by attributing all these traits to the concept of a specific god, we can logically disprove the existence of that specific god due entirely to those traits.

Let's say you believe God is all powerful and all knowing. This cannot be possible considering that if it has the power to change the future, then he didn't know the future in the first place. And if he did know the future, and knew he was going to change it, then he didn't really have the power to change the future at all considering he already knew he was going to do it, and knew the outcome of his actions. This is an old argument, but that's only because it actually does thwart the concept of being both omniscient and omnipotent at the same time.

You make all these conclusive traits about something you yourself said cannot be proven or disproved, I wonder how you came to know all these absolute facts about this "god" character of yours?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I never said The Creator was a he or she ... he and she as I see it are aspects of The Creator I speak of

You make all these conclusive traits about something you yourself said cannot be proven or disproved, I wonder how you came to know all these absolute facts about this "god" character of yours?

I try to be an honest person and am expressing my thoughts my ideas. my beliefs
My life story is a long and winding story to of/ how I came to my beliefs and would bore you to tears

edit on 30-4-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

We are no more in the 'IMAGE' of god than were our ancestors.
You know the earlier primates.
Unless you think we have arrived at perfections. You know, with your limited life span, sparse intelligence, obesity tendencies, appendix, faulty eyes, etc.
Anyone who believes the notion that somehow or other we are in the image of an all powerful being is wholly incorrect.
The few sentences above PROVE that if god meant you to be here in this form he wanted you to suffer from infirmities.
Now supposedly to christians, god was even willing to suffer by slaying his own son who was also a part of god. This is the same god who impregnated his own mother.
Talk about a seriously silly way of viewing a cosmic overseer!!
If a god wants you to know something there will be no question as to what he meant. If he doesn't want yo to know, how would you ever tell?
Be agnostic. There are no angels on that pin.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

If God had a body what would it look like ..

Right back at ya' god, right back at ya'...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here is the thing I don't get right?

If we are made in the Creator's image, why the hell did he create us to be so much more destructive than any other of his creations, all of which are mind bogglingly beautiful?

I just don't get it at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

I never said The Creator was a he or she ... he and she as I see it are aspects of The Creator I speak of

Considering every trait you gave is also the trait of the Christian God Yahweh, and then you directly referenced Christianity and Jesus, then I made the safe assumption that you believed in the Christian god, who is in fact male, according to the Bible.

I try to be an honest person and am expressing my thoughts my ideas. my beliefs
My life story is a long and winding story to of/ how I came to my beliefs and would bore you to tears

That's great for you, but nothing within this post is an actual response to my comment. Care to elaborate why you believe anything you believe in? Or do you just want to keep telling us all these absolute facts, of which you seem to have some sort of divine knowledge of, without actual evidence to back up your claims?

If I'm going to start spouting out what I believe to be a fact, from a logical standpoint, I would show how I came to those conclusions. Otherwise you're not going to convince anyone. Logical debates aren't based off of opinions.

Conversely, if I were to start saying that there are invisible pink unicorns in my backyard, and I gave all these specific traits about these invisible pink unicorns, would you instantly believe me? I would hope not, I've never suggested there was any evidence to prove my claims to be correct. This is what you're doing now.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

The term "Made the Image if God" has always intrigued me
I merely stated my own interpretation of that term

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I imagine that the reply will be all about free will. We were given free will to do what we want and such.

Is free will only bestowed on humans? I ask because I notice that sometimes, I call my dog, and it just ignores me. It comes to me 99% of the time but sometimes it just looks at me and seems to say "I can't be arsed".

Isn't that free will as well?

If it is, then we must assume that all life has free will and here is the kicker, I have not seen bees going round making nuclear missiles, no, they just fly around haphazardly and unaerodynamically pollinating flowers and making honey.

Whales have 5,000 mile long conversations with NO bloody smartphones and the last time I saw a squirrel hold up a bank was...well I can't remember when that was actually but you see my point?

He created a flawed thing in his perfection, and that must surely negate perfection.

Just sayin

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: largo

The term "Made the Image if God" has always intrigued me
I merely stated my own interpretation of that term

It must be an incredible coincidence then that your own interpretation is virtually the same as that of the Christian claims.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Considering every trait you gave is also the trait of the Christian God Yahweh, and then you directly referenced Christianity and Jesus, then I made the safe assumption that you believed in the Christian god, who is in fact male, according to the Bible.

I am not a Christian nor am I opposed to Christians

Care to elaborate why you believe anything you believe in? Or do you just want to keep telling us all these absolute facts,

Why does anyone believe anything ... people who influence our way of thinking in that we learn from them or not ... one's own personal efforts ... life experiences ... one's own inspiration

Or do you just want to keep telling us all these absolute facts,

I have not stated my thoughts on the topic were facts ...That is why I posted in the Gray Area

Thank you for your contribution regarding the topic of "Made in the Image of God"

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I am not a Christian nor am I opposed to Christians

Then what are you? You've directly referenced Jesus and the christian god? Why do that unless you are christian?

Why does anyone believe anything ... people who influence our way of thinking in that we learn from them or not ... one's own personal efforts ... life experiences ... one's own inspiration

It is not up to us to explain where you came up with this incredibly divine knowledge. It is solely up to you. And by the way, "Belief" and "Religious Belief" are entirely separate terms.

I have not stated my thoughts on the topic were facts

No, you do not literally say "this is a fact". However, in the English language, one does not need to say "this is a fact" to mean whatever they said to be factual. You write as if you have absolute knowledge of this "creator". Thus, you're speaking in "a matter of fact"

Nevertheless, you have yet to show how you actually came to these conclusions. Yet you are more than willing to keep spouting out all these claims you've come up with about a seemingly all-powerful, omnipresent being. Again, how do you explain you're knowledge of these traits?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The Lexham Bible Dictionary proposes, “The concept can be conveyed if we think of “image” as a verb: Humans are created as God’s imagers—they function in the capacity of God’s representatives. The image of God is not a quality within human beings; it is what humans are.” Therefore, it is impossible to lessen the image of God into one trait or even a collection of traits; the image of God is assembled into the whole human."

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

If we are made in the Creator's image, why the hell did he create us to be so much more destructive than any other of his creations, all of which are mind bogglingly beautiful?

Many live in darkness and ignorance of their full potential

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We were meant to be beings through which God revealed His purpose but there was a disconnect,
edit on 30/4/15 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: troubleshooter

The Lexham Bible Dictionary proposes, “The concept can be conveyed if we think of “image” as a verb: Humans are created as God’s imagers—they function in the capacity of God’s representatives. The image of God is not a quality within human beings; it is what humans are.” Therefore, it is impossible to lessen the image of God into one trait or even a collection of traits; the image of God is assembled into the whole human."

Thank you for your insightful post
I like that description very much ... sort of has a nice ring to it ... like the sound of truth or concurrence to what one feels

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: troubleshooter

We were meant to be beings through which God revealed His purpose but there was a disconnect,

Yes ... when there is a disconnect messengers such as Jesus or even any seeming ordinary Joe or Joan comes along
We are constantly watched over though many would not understand the whys and wherefores of how that is

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

Many live in darkness and ignorance of their full potential

I absolutely agree with this.

So then, easy fix here isn't there?

The creator could just say "Oi, you humans, my creation, you are doing it all bloody wrong"...quick slap around the back of the head and sorted...but it hasn't has it?

Can't be that hard.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I have posted this in the Gray area for those who believe what science can not prove and what they can not disprove

The word God is used to describe The Creator

However this Creator is all names and all things

Genesis 1:26-
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

It would appear there were "many" or various, whose image some were made of artistpoet...

How can we see The Creator
We can not directly view The Creator ... but we can see The Creation all around us and within our thoughts

As well as can we see reflections of the CREATOR through observation of ourselves, the Created

When we hear the word Image ... we tend to visualise something ... perhaps images another has laid down in say a book or painting
Representing The Creator ... such as Michaelangelo's image of God giving the spark of life to Adam ... God being presented in Human form

Yes the perceptions of the Observer can be modified by visual and or written/spoken of presentations from other observers.
But also may find their own images forming of the CREATOR.
If one tries to see for example with the Human eyes only the human eyes probably wont work entirely with pulling together the image its like parts of the image are missing due to limited perception.
Another CREATOR Creation say for example a Grey may visualize the CREATOR - SOURCE in a entirely different way, but their image combined with other CREATOR Creations images may begin to build the more objective image of the CREATOR-GOD

Is it possible that God can appear in the Human Image ...

1 thinks so artistpoet

THE may even appear in other forms ALIEN to HUMAN perception. As it would allow the CREATOR opportunity to see and understand ALL* Created as THE takes on the many forms (WHY THE FORM TAKEN REMAIN SOMEWHAT UNAWARE AND UNDETECTED)
So to 1 subjectively yes GOD can take on Human form as described with LORD JESUS CHRIST
And also non human forms as described with FATHER ANU LORD ENKI and LORD ENLIL ...
This is my subjective analysis artistpoet.

Well this is claimed by some Christians through Jesus
God set apart a part of himself and Jesus is that part as are we all
We are part of The Creator ... If God had a body what would it look like ... The Universe to which we all belong is my suggestion

accepted. from 1z perception its 1 primary beam of LIGHT
released into a Dark Prizim.
The darkness coating the prizim interior allows the LIGHT to bounce around or continuously transfer photon energy
and as this Primary ray of Light crisscrosses itself? through the prizim never losing strength
Each connection makes more dense Light
and if a connection is a form, formed from millions of connections or rays overlapping-intersecting
it the dense intersecting region would then be perceived as a solid from an observer also made of and Created within the dense Light within the intersecting region
The forms and densities of the changing PRIMARY Light ray as well as the direction of the intersecting rays would be ALL things CREATED and CREATOR Creations.
But the Prizim would also be part of the CREATOR GOD
This again is 1z subjective analysis.

NAMASTE*******

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join