It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made in the Image of God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

ok last thing I promise

let's say we chat (me and the rest of us here) about ur conception
how did it happen that u are alive

ultimately I can trace it down to love, broken protection, alcohol, desire, glitch in female menstrual cycle, dream..
I can keep on going and assuming..
or I can simply put it down to biology combined with psychology..(that also exist in for instance history, modern version, bible, poetry, research and study and finaly the obvious the list of unanswered questions we have despite significant advances made)

now there is more then one of u there is 7.5 billion of us what is the point of figuring out a common background story to fit all conceptions

then scale it up is any of every single element that went into ur conception a living thinking piece? is like what created u rather the who.. I think

edit on 2-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
We can listen ... but are not are compelled to

Can you please stop responding in a vague, useless manner, all while dodging the actual issue concerned in the post you're responding to and just give a direct answer.

Why make a topic if no one is meant to listen to it? It seems to me that if a person presents a point of view, it's not simply for their own self enjoyment about making a thread, it's to get people to read it and consider it's information.

You can believe in what ever you want ... I believe a Higher Intelligence of which we are all a part of Created the Universe
All are entitled to share their beliefs in a public forum in an area called Gray
It is up to the individual to discern what is true or not

And how do we discern what is true or not when there is no information offered that would imply that information is even remotely factual? Again, we're back to the issue where if information is available, why not show how it's actually correct? It's especially necessary when you also belittle something else.

You do need evidence, when you're opinion and belief alters reality and suggests that actual practices and knowledge is wrong due to that opinion and belief. You don't just get to discredit everything in the world without repercussions.

How can evidence alter Reality ... Reality is what it is regardless of evidence
You can only have the answers or not to the questions you ask regarding Reality

My mistake, not "alters" but is not honest to reality. As in, "incorrect".

originally posted by: MimiSia

what I find uncomprehending is that ultimately u are using logic to despute something I created in my imagination

You are not comprehending what the argument is about because you're saying that "if someone imagines something, then it becomes real!" when that is not the case. You're imagination is only within you're own mind, that is it. Sure you "created" this imaginary thing, but that does not make it real outside of your mind.

Conversely, If someone says "i've created an imaginary creator of the universe who can do [this and that]" I am not arguing their imaginary creation. However, when someone says "There is a creator of the universe, who can do [this and that]" they are claiming this to be an absolute fact. That is when I dispute their claims.

how can u expect anyone to give full proof to creation it is utterly unrealistic.. may we ponder and share views and imagine stuff? yes and that in its self is a fact..

I actually agree with you on this. The concept of a creator is entirely imaginary. We can share views all we want, the bottom line is, if there is nothing that actually supports those views, then there is no reason to acknowledge them as a likelihood in the first place.

u say OP has a strong opinion (from the sound of reading ur stuff) that makes me conclude that yourself likewise(in my opinion) seem to to have very strong opposing views.. but for nothing in the world I can figure out what they are but I am very intrigued and I wish to hear them

like likewise I can ask u to provide me with complete empirical evidence the poster is incorrect..

You are correct. My views, which are entirely opposite, are as strong. Everything we see in the universe (currently) suggests only that nature derives from nature. There is absolutely no suggestion what so ever that a magical being had anything to do with it. Saying so is simply applying "gods of the gaps". Whatever cannot currently be phased out by logical reasoning and research has in place a god which must have done it, until that too is discovered to be a false notion and nature turned out to be the cause of it all to begin with.

The concept of a creator -especially in the sense that this immensely powerful being took their time with an infinitely vast universe to create these equally immensely corrupt and flawed beings called "Humans"- is a massively arrogant conception.

Furthermore, the evidence we have that shows our direct evolutionary path to becoming human is not only obvious, but is actually one of the least complex branches of scientific knowledge we have. So the allegation that we were created in our current form is beyond ridiculous, it's willful ignorance. (i don't recall the OP stating that we are created in our current form, I'm stating this example as most other "creation-like" concepts believe this to be the case)

The difference between my "view" and people who hold the opposing view, is that I do actually have evidence.

a reply to: MimiSia

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make in this comment.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Can you please stop responding in a vague, useless manner, all while dodging the actual issue concerned in the post you're responding to and just give a direct answer.

This was the question to which I responded

"I don't think I understand the point of this OP if it was not for us to listen to you?"

I replied ..."We can listen ... but are not are compelled to"

The point of this thread Made in the Image of God ... is to open up a discussion around that topic
All are welcome to contribute with their own beliefs and ideas as indeed they have ... but non are compelled to ...

And how do we discern what is true or not when there is no information offered that would imply that information is even remotely factual? Again, we're back to the issue where if information is available, why not show how it's actually correct? It's especially necessary when you also belittle something else.

It is not up to me to discern anything for you ... that is your job or not ... you are your own person with your thoughts and ideas and I mine ...

What is it you think I am belittling ?

edit on 2-5-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
sorry op this is my interpretation of ur intro

omg I am going to be threshed for this

reading it combined with ur addition

there is no difference between what u say and what op says

the higher intelligence is maybe the key addition here

when u said the concept of creator is crazy(?) but u just replaced it with nature. (I think I remember op compering god to universe)

to me there is one key point nature and universe are not concious or "aware" of their own existence. I can but also don't have to separate nature and higher consciousness ultimately I do

the god Jesus story still goes with it too not in a literal biblical sense however

now this is my imagination
given the infinite possibilities of universe who knows if u take the literal interpretation of what op said here about jesus and god and as comming to existence 6000y ago or what ever the number
like truly what if we one day drop a drugged ape type being similar to the one we evolved from on the newly discovered earth like planet now lets take it to the next level even better if the ones who dropped of jebus were like Johnny depp in transendence. I mean we are crazy if we can make a sheep from scratch or now clone an extinct mammoth.. who know maybe i may be like johny ..or maybe we just appear as holograms therefore u can totally say god (humans with higher intelligence) appeared as jesus. I mean what would the monkey think we were if we dropped them of.. also we chuck them instead of bible iPhone on which we saved this thread (I think I read somewhere apes can read) and say in 2000 years we be back and if they were misbehaving we nuke those barbaric monkeys shame on them.

my definition of god
a neutral combination of energy and god is actually the complete yang to the universe as we know it.. everything opposite especially dimension but that i can't possibly describe or comprehend additionally obviously with nature and universe itself.

but ultimately the imaginary mystical creator and more classical form of god for me is the AWARE form with this basic aspiration I love to love god and I love to love gods creation infinitely with no limits. that includes all of u . I
just find us so freaking fascinating there is my wast desire to just observe and be enchanted with peope(I like people better then animals and plants) even if we are horrible horrid even psychopaths as they are just a bad batch and it fascinates me the wast knowledge, skills attitude we have we do some amazing stuff

edit on 2-5-2015 by MimiSia because: omg bro I think I must have fat fingers

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

i found this on wiki

Anthropologists have found that virtually all state societies and chiefdoms from around the world have been found to justify political power through divine authority. This suggests that political authority co-opts collective religious belief to bolster itself.

that would go hand in hand with what u say

than I found this and it's kind of interesting
I think that is kind of in the lines of what I think (monkey may not be a great compliment but why not)

Humanity’s closest living relatives are common chimpanzees and bonobos. These primates share a common ancestor with humans who lived between six and eight million years ago. It is for this reason that chimpanzees and bonobos are viewed as the best available surrogate for this common ancestor. Barbara King argues that while non-human primates are not religious, they do exhibit some traits that would have been necessary for the evolution of religion. These traits include high intelligence, a capacity for symbolic communication, a sense of social norms, realization of "self" and a concept of continuity.[1][2][3] There is inconclusive evidence that Homo neanderthalensis may have buried their dead which is evidence of the use of ritual. The use of burial rituals is thought to be evidence of religious activity, and there is no other evidence that religion existed in human culture before humans reached behavioral modernity.

edit on 3-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

and I think this may prove something too
the concious thought i dont think is actually made of any atomic matter so how can it be any part of nature. therefore higher intelligence serving as a creator sounds logical to me. if we imagine everything as ultimately broken down into energy charged particles it is totally easier for me to go with this picture when I think word god then our actual image of creation we have. is just literraly too complex.

and then this
There are striking differences between brain regions and events that support conscious experiences and those that do not.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
We are not made in the image of God according to the Bible. We are made in the image of Adam after he fell into sin. Therefore, we are mortal in a fallen state and need a redeemer to restore us to God. Please see Genesis 5:3, as compared to Genesis 5:1. Thank you.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jim Scott

Thanks Jim Scott for your contribution
I have copy pasted those passages for those interested to discuss their meaning

Original Source from The Old Testament

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:
edit on 3-5-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
My interpretation would be :-

Gen 5:1 ... God made Adam in his own likeness

Then .....

Gen 5:3 ... Adam begat a son in his own likeness

Likeness does not mean Adam looked like God it means he was like God which is my point of the thread

God or The Creator or Higher Intelligence or The Original Source or whatever term you wish to use ... made Humanity like itself ... and also from itself
We are made of the elements and stuff of the Universe ...
Like it's Creator we are gifted with Intelligence
Like the Universe we are connected to it's Source through Intelligence

Intelligence alone requires power to put itself into action
We each as individual intelligent beings have a small part of that power or life force

What we do with our own power determines how we progress or evolve in the Grand scheme of things
We have a simple choice ... Do we live our life in a selfish way or to benefit the whole of which we are a part

edit on 3-5-2015 by artistpoet because: to add

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Here is the thing I don't get right?

If we are made in the Creator's image, why the hell did he create us to be so much more destructive than any other of his creations, all of which are mind bogglingly beautiful?

I just don't get it at all.

The knowledge of good and evil causes this. Besides nature, those mind boggling creatures kill and eat each other on a regular basis.
edit on 3-5-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Evolutionary science puts a great deal of stock into adaptation which is probably its weakest position. It is simply a major fail as an explanation to development.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

m.youtube.com...

2.30 min video
everyone has different taste in art but I really liked this one
hopefully u like it too
or anyone else who watches it

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Thanks ...
Yes I enjoy all types of Art

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
we can logically disprove the existence of that specific god due entirely to those traits.

Let's say you believe God is all powerful and all knowing. This cannot be possible considering that if it has the power to change the future, then he didn't know the future in the first place. And if he did know the future, and knew he was going to change it, then he didn't really have the power to change the future at all considering he already knew he was going to do it, and knew the outcome of his actions. This is an old argument, but that's only because it actually does thwart the concept of being both omniscient and omnipotent at the same time.

This is the point of God being the 'Alpha and the Omega'. The beginning and the end is already laid out.

"What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time." (Ecc 1:8-9)

Most are too enthralled by time to look beyond it. Death and decay (and thus our concept of "time" as a limiting factor) only occurred after the fall of Humankind. Jesus and the Gospels are purposed to reintroduce us to the un-fallen, eternal state of Being.
edit on 4-5-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Its not that we are physically created to look like God, but rather created as a part of God. think of it like this, picture God as the ocean, and each individual person as a raindrop. we come from the ocean, we are a part of the ocean and in the end we all return to the ocean as one. it also sort of coincides with the phrase "as above, so below. As within, so without. As the Universe, so the soul. God is the Universe and we are the Soul."
edit on 4-5-2015 by Indigoism because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigoism

A good analogy ... raindrops in an ocean

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

are you being sarcastic?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigoism

No not at all ... I really like your analogy and your post

edit on 4-5-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Thanks man. i got the reference from a guy on youtube named Trey Smith, he has a channel on youtube that i HIGHLY recommend you check out. He has a lot of videos dealing with spirituality and God, and the Nephilim. without trying to sound to over-dramatic, the first time i watched one of hid videos i had a new perspective on spirituality and life for the better

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
My friend, you are mistaken. While our creation was most assuredly first conceived and brought to fulfillment by The Great Creator, we do not look like him. We look like the angels tasked with our actual creation. There are many planets in the Universe, and many that have life. There are many angels in the Universe, and not all of them look the same. Some of them look downright weird, even scary to us. But they are holy and follow the Most High.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join