It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Poll: What Is Your Political Affiliation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

According to the most important Dutch American journalist who has lived for 25 years in Washington and did all the American political news, the Democrats are also right wing nowadays.

And if you compare that to many European centre or left parties, he`s right.

So I`m wondering if Americans still have an idea about what left and right wing really is.

Edit : SO what is Geography of the voters of the "ATS POLL: Which Country Represents the Biggest Threat to Humanity?"...I`m wondering if "foreigners" have voted mostly United States and Americans other countries?

edit on 22 4 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I am definitely........

NOT going to give TPTB that information by posting it on a forum as innocent as this.
edit on 22/4/2015 by Twenty38 because: Added details.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

For some reason I expected to see more anarchists than I did. I notice that libertarians are leading so far. That really doesn't surprise me.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
To be honest I don't even know what it means to be most of those affiliations mentioned and to be honest I don't really care.
Shows how f $#@*d up the world when we even debate and argue about who leads and controls us..

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I like turtles..

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
No category for fiscal conservative/social libertarian/cornered anarchist.... I figured SO would know us better.... Hehee.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
A two party systym is not democracy. But perhaps "We" are too scared of a pluralistic society, too scared of takeing responsibility, that it is easier to hand it over to the "politacal royalists".
I voted in the ATS pole, only to to show that I care about ATS.

This "Union" is a puppet created "By The People for The People" because they, I, yes myself, don't have the balls to stand up for a society that celebrates diversity.
We are a scared bunch of little rabbits, with hounds on our heels.
Thanks For The Pole, Mods.

WIS

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

The only term I know from that list is anarchist, but I'm not. I have no clue about all the other terms and not sure if I want to know what they mean. It used to be easier when we had left and right. The left was linked to revolution and the right to the rich class. I think today all politicians are rich and corrupted.

Now you tell me which one in that list describes me please?

If you don't know what they mean, how do you know you aren't one of them? Just curious.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hey!

I don't see "Free Pizza and Beer, Leave Me The Hell Alone'ist" on the list!

That's pretty much me.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Politics has long been a hot-topic here on ATS. Recently, we saw a threat that presumed ATS was mostly conservative in nature: Why is ATS so Right Wing? The short answer to that is: ATS is generally anti-establishment, and the current establishment is "left-wing," so naturally it may appear that political ideology here leans to the right. But where does it really lean? How do our members and visitors stack up? And, how is that different from the general public who doesn't look as deep into current events as we do here?

Was that a Freudian slip ?

edit on 22-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

Anyway honestly I could not pick any of your parties. I find fault on both sides.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I always considered myself Independent, but I have found that the older I get the more Libertarian I become.

I just cannot see how people CAN'T be.

If there is one thing history has shown us, it's that Governments are NEVER for our own good.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I think a lot of it is perspective. Conservatives think I'm a flaming liberal. Liberals think I'm a closeminded conservative. Yet neither is true. My political leanings no longer fit into the spectrum.

Reminded me of this, had to share-

Perfect. Pretty much sums it up for me. People just can't perceive colors beyond Red vs Blue.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I honestly have no idea. Politics disgust me, so I have never really studied them. Even on a basic level. I don't vote because screw them all. A naive approach, I'm sure. Maybe if I could be convinced voting on a national level worked I would care more. At any rate, the only real contenders for powerful positions all seem to be money backed scumbags with strings attached. Those strings leading back to a master.

I have decided I should probably pay more attention to things on a State and local level, if nothing else.

I did not vote in this ATS poll.

edit on 4-22-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Though I disagree with the libertarian mindset, I'm giving you a star anyway simply because of the Voltron avatar.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Heeey!

Liberal Republican isn't on the list...

What gives?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Freedomist

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

If you don't live in an urban city then you are correct, local, small town government is still functional and needs all the attention we can give it. The Federal government is long gone and so are the states, but small town America is still functioning and is why this nation has not already collapsed. You may find that if you live in a town that votes only Republican that you have to register as one of them, because in this case, if you cannot vote in a primary then you don't vote at all, if you understand what I am saying. Same goes for democratic strongholds.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I consider myself a constitutionalist.
second line

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Interesting poll indeed. I've for the most part have boycotted any affiliation with any political party and their self serving corporate bought agendas. Personally I'm so sick and tired of listening to all sides argue and disagree that I find the political arena disgusting to no end. The majority of society seems hell bent on slapping a label on everything and everyone, which by design does nothing more than create division amongst ourselves. We tend to put so much focus on our differences than we do our similarities that collectively we end up with nothing substantial to stand for. "United we stand, divided we fall" is fast becoming a forgotten ideology, exception being TPTB (whom ever they are), putting an emphasis on the "divided they'll fall".

Please excuse my rant but the politics and politicians of today disgust me. My Grandfather was in the Senate and House of Representatives in the early 1900's, if he knew how corrupt politics have become in today times he would certainly be turning in his grave.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If people have half a brain they will know that political anything is all a big farce, and that the only thing any political party represents is the guys at the top.

Anything else is believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join