It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Poll: What Is Your Political Affiliation?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Acatalepsia
I must admit I'm rather surprised the results are not "mostly conservative" as this site is loaded with right-wingers/anti-liberals.

It IS filled with mostly conservatives... but they "hide" and call themselves Libertarian or "none of the above"

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well, I'm a British Liberal. Long live the memory of David Lloyd-George! Huzzah!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

As of now…

16% Conservative
30% Libertarian
(vs. US Republican+Leaners 44%)

15% Liberal

(vs. US 42% Dem+Leaners)

7% Anarchist

20% Undescribed

15% Pick and Choose

www.gallup.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Klassified
Constitutionalist is about as close as I can get to labeling my "affiliation".

BING!

That's my choice too as the Constitution really did take all the tyrannical approaches to government to task when written.

I believe in fiscal conservatism and social liberalism where your freedom ends at the tip end of my nose. I have no reason to deny ones right to free speech or right to pursue their own happiness. I try to love every one and only react when forced to do so.

I did vote the Libertarian ticket a lot for president over several elections and hunt out the Tea party leaning locals as the ideas i have presented above are mostly represented in the Tea party crowd. I would add i went to a rally of theirs and was amazed to see American and immigrant African Blacks with Asians, Hindu Indians, young people, Europeans and of course the old white people crowd that the media wants us to believe hate the others and are the only ones who like that message. I believe we freedom lovers are being hosed in the media because of the occasional "plant" or maybe just an idiot or two who spout hate with their posters but NONE were at the rally i witnessed.

dude the constitution was originally written by a bunch of corprotists and when the Federalist Papers were written, the Constitution didn't even have a bill of rights. The bill of rights is the only good thing about the Constitution, the rest is giving the govt power which is bull#. On that note we need a digital bill of rights as well nowadays. I voted. Libertarian all day. : ) And not a Tea Partier either. Not a Koch-sucker. I'm pro freedom and would call myself an anarchist but think ill get lynched faster that way. No. much better to call myself a Libertarian and watch the "liberals" froth : )
edit on 4/24/2015 by JamesCookieIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tallcool1

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: tothetenthpower

A Tea Party Libertarian is that.

That is the American version of Libertarian... the Tea Party kind. See my sig.

No matter how many times you falsely accuse us of that it still doesn't make it true. That is a liberal elitist attitude. No matter what anyone says, you scream them down because f@?# any opinion that doesn't line up with yours. Try all you want, but you're not going to force us into your box of lies no matter what Noam Chomsky says.

dude i love chomsky and im a libertarian. He just believes we should call it classical liberalism instead of libertarianism because he's afraid of the Kock-suckers getting confused and duped into voting for scum of the earth. He's a zionist i think and has ulterior motives. I dated his neice tho hahahahaha. Chomsky is simply an anarchist - he's a pirate at heart : )

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Is it me, or does it seem like conservatives call themselves libertarian because a) they want to feel like a special snowflake and/or b) they think it sounds more cool than conservative?

I dunno. Maybe I'm way off. I don't usually give a crap about politics, so I don't keep up with all the little nuances. It's for lesser minds to worry about. 😝

👣

edit on 734FridayuAmerica/ChicagoApruFridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: quantumist
I've noticed that as time goes by the less and less I subsribe to either left or right wing.

I find it exceedingly limiting, when you take one political view you get "when you have a hammer everything looks like a nail"-situation where you approach every problem by how you could fix them by applying your principles.

As terrible as it sounds I believe there are times when, for example, strict totalitarian undemocratic regimes are needed(not always though). It all depends on the circumstances and issues. Sometimes democracy, freedom and equality work well. Sometimes less. Key is to have a clear undistorted view of the current state of events.

Have you read 1984?
Not seen the movie, not think you know what it says but really read it?
I suggest you do before saying you think totalitarianism has its benefits.

Because once totalitarianism is established, it only grows and
can not be gotten rid of, except through bloody
revolution followed by lawless anarchy for a long time.

I also suggest you read The Giver
the movie did not do the book justice and left out some of the most critical totalitarian points.

This is a newberry award winning "children's" book.

The Giver is a quick and easy read, which tells of a utopian totalitarian society, like the one I think you are referring to in your post.

In The Giver all people are equal and equality and being nice
to each other are some of the highest values, along with
everyone being content within the society.

In The Giver, everyone shares equally in the wealth and lives a very nice middle class lifestyle.

Yes, Singapore has run into the end of the effectiveness of totaliarism. They need to open up if they want to have a society capable of innovation and culture. But the totaliarism was necessary for the extremely quick building of foundations. Things like "freedom" and "democracy" are near-meaningless if the resources to support a society like that are not there. In fact a democracy without them would collapse or get hijacked, because the population lacks the skills to defend them. See majority of African countries. Democracy requires an educated populace. A poor nation cannot educate its citizens properly. The original democracy of the Greeks was built on slavery, which allowed the rest of the nation to educate themselves. Now you can't have slavery, so you need that high GNP.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Yet you are still spreading your opinion that you formed on the little nuances in politics. So obviously you worry enough about it to think that your opinion matters.

Lesser minds you said?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
ok so now your political position is a top story ,give me a break,i once came to this site to reach a higher state of consciousness

but with top story's like this one,which in fact is just a label to categorize i wonder to its real purpose and agenda ,guess im trying to say ats i used to read you,now i watch you

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

The only term I know from that list is anarchist, but I'm not. I have no clue about all the other terms and not sure if I want to know what they mean. It used to be easier when we had left and right. The left was linked to revolution and the right to the rich class. I think today all politicians are rich and corrupted.

Now you tell me which one in that list describes me please?

Agreed.

IMO, all these different terms are an illusion to keep people busy and disconnected and oblivious to the truth. All politicians are the same, they need power to exist.
We need philosophers to rule, not politicians!

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Acatalepsia
I must admit I'm rather surprised the results are not "mostly conservative" as this site is loaded with right-wingers/anti-liberals.

Human nature tends to notice more, those of a differing opinion than their own.

So, to you, it is loaded with "right wingers"

To others, it is loaded with "left wingers"

To me, it is loaded with both. A bunch of indoctrinated, blindfolded fools that refuse to accept that they are not right about everything.

edit on 25-4-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
New member here.
I take from both liberal and conservative camps but my conservative leanings seem to be fairly extreme. Odd, when I think about it.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Add one more to the list: Political Agnostic. All the others are really the same.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Politics has long been a hot-topic here on ATS. Recently, we saw a threat that presumed ATS was mostly conservative in nature: Why is ATS so Right Wing? The short answer to that is: ATS is generally anti-establishment, and the current establishment is "left-wing," so naturally it may appear that political ideology here leans to the right. But where does it really lean? How do our members and visitors stack up? And, how is that different from the general public who doesn't look as deep into current events as we do here?

Let's find out...

I chose "None of the above"...or whatever it was called. I am anti-asshole. That also makes me anti-Obama, anti-Hillary, anti-Bush and many more. But mostly Anti-Obama.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join