It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Fossils May Appear To Support Evolution.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I certainly believe in adaptation and a certain level of species drift. I also believe dinosaurs lived millions of years before humans and when they died they left fossils. What I don't believe is that non-organic matter spontaneously became organic and then spontaneously became a one celled organism, then it in turn over millions of years evolved into both genders in every species until humanity happened. I have threads on both those topics right now, but this one is on fossils
If that did happen there would be millions of missing link skeletal remains of both species and genders in between.
And what do we have today for the fossil record, not that. And even the carbon dating is flawed, it's not 100% accurate.

As an example, this guy if you found his skeletal remains from 40 million years ago, it could be thought to be the ancestor to a much bigger dinosaur, in the evolutionary line of development, but he actually isn't, but he stayed the same, 40 million years latter he is still the same.

Baby Komodo Dragon
edit on 22-4-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Kind of like how a singularity appeared out of nowhere and created the Big Bang. Well, where did this singularity come from? I understand your point and nice post.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Also, why haven't any other apes evolved? If we supposedly came from apes then you would expect other apes would have evolved with us, but not one of them has.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Im with you.
Which came first life or DNA?
Can you have life without DNA?
DNA from primordial soup ? No way.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind
Also, why haven't any other apes evolved? If we supposedly came from apes then you would expect other apes would have evolved with us, but not one of them has.

All the apes have evolved... Just because we are the only ones to become rational thinkers doesn't mean that the others didn't evolve. There are MANY unique circumstances that built up to support our growing brain development. The other ape species didn't go through those circumstances so they didn't evolve rational thinking. They did evolve OTHER traits that we don't have though.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I certainly believe in adaptation and a certain level of species drift. I also believe dinosaurs lived millions of years before humans and when they died they left fossils. What I don't believe is that non-organic matter spontaneously became organic and then spontaneously became a one celled organism, then it in turn over millions of years evolved into both genders in every species until humanity happened. I have threads on both those topics right now, but this one is on fossils
If that did happen there would be millions of missing link skeletal remains of both species and genders in between.
And what do we have today for the fossil record, not that. And even the carbon dating is flawed, it's not 100% accurate.

As an example, this guy if you found his skeletal remains from 40 million years ago, it could be thought to be the ancestor to a much bigger dinosaur, in the evolutionary line of development, but he actually isn't, but he stayed the same, 40 million years latter he is still the same.

Baby Komodo Dragon

So much inaccuracy in this post...

For one, we DO have tons of fossils that depict different stages of evolutionary development for MANY if not most of the species on the planet. For two, carbon dating isn't used to determine evolutionary ages. A different form of radiometric dating is used. Carbon-14 doesn't have the necessary half-life to determine an age beyond 60,000 years. For three, your example of a komodo dragon is irrelevant. Evolution doesn't effect each species equally. Some species evolved continually and all the time, others rarely if ever change.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

Apes have evolved and we don't come from apes. Apes separeted themselves from our common ancestor millions of years ago. Please read more on the subject and don't propagate your own misunderstandings.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You can find signs of evolution in your own body. Appendix, tail bone, wisdom teeth. I'm not sure how evolution is such an evil thing to so many religions. Their God created evolution to.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's obvious that something extraordinary occurred to create what we are now. We live on the same planet with the same resources that all of the other animals in the animal kingdom have access to.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yay another anti-evolution thread that will go on for pages and pages with nothing different than every other anti-evolution thread there has ever been on ATS. Maybe if evolution-deniers had something new to offer to the conversation, the topic would be worthy of a new thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Or vice versa.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There's plenty of issues with evolution. Problem is, from a scientific standpoint, it seems sound.

Viral life has been created in a lab, and has been replicated, so scientifically speaking, life can be created from inorganic matter, and that's all the evidence they need. And probably, all they evidence they will ever get in that area.

They have also successfully evolved a fly into another fly. They are virtually identical, but have enough miniscule differences to consider it another "species". Again, all they replicable evidence they have, but enough for most to take and run, and chalk up as evolutionary evidence.

Next come the fossils. I like to call it the picture matching game. Line up enough of them that look like each other, and it shows gradual evolution. Or, a bunch of separate, uninvolved, individual species. Depends on how you look at it. But, since scientists look at them, and they've created viral life and evolved a fly, its labeled again, as evolutionary evidence.

Then, you have examples such as the ones you've illustrated. Animals which haven't evolved in millions of years. Fish with half evolved gills, that have been at an evolutionary standstill for millions of years. Missing transitional fossils. The contradiction of evolution and Darwinism, or "survival of the fittest", and those are just a few examples.

I've argued with the best of them, and every time, its admitted that evolution from single celled organisms and fossil record are simply the "best, most feasible educated explanations" for what's been happening for the last billion or so years.

All in all, I think I've given up in the area. There are holes and conjecture flowing throughout the theory of evolution, with just as much voice and cynicism behind it, to where its followed like a religion. On the other hand, evolution explains a lot more, and is a lot more reliable, than any modern religion we have today.

Sorry, I tried to stay mostly on topic, but I think I may be just rambling at this point.....

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

The extraordinary thing that happened is we learned to speak articulate languages allowing the transmission of idea over generation.

Without language and education a feral human child is not smarter than a monkey.

Hence why the bible says our story begins with the word.
edit on 22-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It's obvious that something extraordinary occurred to create what we are now. We live on the same planet with the same resources that all of the other animals in the animal kingdom have access to.

Extraordinary maybe (we ARE after all unique with this evolutionary trait), but if you are using this post as camouflage to push extraterrestrial manipulation or divine manipulation, then you are wrong. Science has pondered this very question and has already came up with a few theories/hypotheses to answer why we are rational thinkers.

Evolution of human intelligence

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

and that doesnt give u pause?

the fact some species havent changed for 75+ million years but some (like most mammals) have all evolved since then?

never mind the Cambrian explosion where most ,if not all, Phylum originated

think about that . there have been no major changes since lifes first "explosion"

doesnt that strike you as odd ?

link   
Technically evolution goes all the way back to the beginning of time and space. So rather than focusing on apes, I focus on what created the universe and existence itself. I am stumped with the Big Bang theory and why it is accepted as fact and nobody considers what created the singularity that became the Big Bang. So, if we can't understand that, then we will never know exactly where we came from or how we were created.

link   
a reply to: Answer

Let's be honest then.
You could say the same thing about 3/4 of the thread subjects on this website.
Let's list a few
Politics
Abortion
Gun control
Race relations
Global warming
Police brutality
Etc..etc...etc...
So let the guy have his fun, we can choose not to participate.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

I notice that you skipped the point that the ENTIRE science of genetics is based on evolutionary theory being true. You also seemed to have missed the point that much of modern medicine and how it is tested is also based on evolutionary theory. If evolutionary theory is flawed, then why do those things work out so well?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Extraordinary maybe (we ARE after all unique with this evolutionary trait), but if you are using this post as camouflage to push extraterrestrial manipulation or divine manipulation, then you are wrong. Science has pondered this very question and has already came up with a few theories/hypotheses to answer why we are rational thinkers.

Evolution of human intelligence

You must consider all possibilities as a critical thinker. Especially when we only know less than 10% of what actually exist around us.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I know right?!

Also, if Americans really came from Europeans, why are there still Europeans?.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join