It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Fossils May Appear To Support Evolution.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 0rbital There seems to be different races of man that display different physical abilities and intellect levels. My son is the only white boy high jumper on his track team. He has worked out for four years doing special leg exercises to compete, from the internet. Vertical leap exercises. The African American kids have a longer tendon in their legs, probably from running away from lions and not getting eaten. They jump six inches higher on average, at about six feet.
I also believe we could be a storage unit or a farm for someone who is managing Earth. If you ever see a real UFO this idea may pop into your mind. They can take samples from here and deliver samples too.... Where did that chuppacabra come from all of a sudden? The aliens pet dogs got loose and were left behind? The horse did evolve from a small animal. Horse and Dog breeds were genetically engineered. We probably did evolved from a hominid. But, we could have had genetic intervention. These UFO s are not explained, and yet they are here. Doing what?

edit on 5-5-2015 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

I think the take-home key word from your post is "seem".

Imagination shouldn't always be applauded.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
a reply to: 0rbital There seems to be different races of man that display different physical abilities and intellect levels. My son is the only white boy high jumper on his track team. He has worked out for four years doing special leg exercises to compete, from the internet. Vertical leap exercises. The African American kids have a longer tendon in their legs, probably from running away from lions and not getting eaten. They jump six inches higher on average, at about six feet.

100%, unequivocally false. There is not a lomger tendon or extra muscles as I have seen claimed as well. Tgeir morphology is just like ours in that regard.

Where did that chuppacabra come from all of a sudden? The aliens pet dogs got loose and were left behind?

Nobody can even verify that the chupacabra is what fans of cryptids claim it actually is. It could be any number of indigenous animals in the areas of reported sightings.

The horse did evolve from a small animal. Horse and Dog breeds were genetically engineered. We probably did evolved from a hominid.

What evidence do you have for horses and dogs being genetically engineered? There was certainly some selective breeding done by their handlers but no genetic engineering. And humans ARE hominids and share a common ancestor with tge other Great Apes.

But, we could have had genetic intervention. These UFO s are not explained, and yet they are here. Doing what?

We "could have" been the recipiemts of genetic imtervention but without evidemce its just a hypothesis. Do you have smy sort of citstion to bsck up this claim?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I also believe dinosaurs lived millions of years before humans

I'm late to this party (again) but would you kindly tell me what drives you to this conclusion?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol

I'm late to this party (again) but would you kindly tell me what drives you to this conclusion?

Um. This thread is a year old. Why revive old pieces of trash like this to rehash the same arguments you are making in the other 4 threads? Trolling 4 threads isn't enough for you? Why intentionally try to make religious people look bad? I don't get your purpose.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I don't get your purpose.

I'm on that

find yours

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Holey thread necromancy batman!

Don't try to find logic in this thread

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

The fossil record and carbon dating, I have studied the science on this and it is in harmony with the bible having large creative epochs of time, they certainly were not 24 hour creative days.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The fossil record and carbon dating,

Speaking of fossils (like this thread) what do they have to do with carbon dating?

edit on 3/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

The fossil record and carbon dating, I have studied the science on this and it is in harmony with the bible having large creative epochs of time, they certainly were not 24 hour creative days.

Sorry said this before and I will say it again MAN created god the EVIDENCE is all over the planet, your god was restricted to a small geographical area of this planet the same as every other god man has created. If your god created everything why was he only spoken about in a small area of the planet, why for example did the Norse gods come about or Greek , Roman or any others. They ALL have creation stories ALL with just as much right to be believed BUT they are all different they can't all be correct but they can ALL be WRONG.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Evolution—Myths and Facts

Myth 3. The fossil record documents macroevolutionary changes. The previously mentioned NAS brochure leaves the reader with the impression that the fossils found by scientists more than adequately document macroevolution. It declares: “So many intermediate forms have been discovered between fish and amphibians, between amphibians and reptiles, between reptiles and mammals, and along the primate lines of descent that it often is difficult to identify categorically when the transition occurs from one to another particular species.”28

The facts. The confident statement made by the NAS brochure is quite surprising. Why? Niles Eldredge, a staunch evolutionist, states that the fossil record shows, not that there is a gradual accumulation of change, but that for long periods of time, “little or no evolutionary change accumulates in most species.”*29

According to the fossil record, all the major groups of animals appeared suddenly and remained virtually unchanged

To date, scientists worldwide have unearthed and cataloged some 200 million large fossils and billions of small fossils. Many researchers agree that this vast and detailed record shows that all the major groups of animals appeared suddenly and remained virtually unchanged, with many species disappearing as suddenly as they arrived.
Footnote

Even the few examples from the fossil record that researchers point to as proof of evolution are open to debate. See pages 22 to 29 of the brochure, The Origin of Life—Five Questions Worth Asking.

Bibliography

28. Science and Creationism—A View From the National Academy of Sciences, Second Edition, “Evidence Supporting Biological Evolution,” p. 14.

29. The Triumph of Evolution and the Failure of Creationism, by Niles Eldredge, 2000, pp. 49, 85.

To take a line of fossils and claim that they represent a lineage is not a scientific hypothesis that can be tested, but an assertion that carries the same validity as a bedtime story—amusing, perhaps even instructive, but not scientific.—In Search of Deep Time—Beyond the Fossil Record to a New History of Life, by Henry Gee, pp. 116-117

An example of how the propaganda and storytelling works regarding the earlier footnote and the quotation above:

For those who don't want to watch the video above...
Education: Insight

EDUCATION

The imparting or acquisition of knowledge and skill. Education is accomplished through (1) explanation and repetition; (2) discipline, training administered in love (Pr 1:7; Heb 12:5, 6); (3) personal observation (Ps 19:1-3; Ec 1:12-14); (4) reproof and rebuke (Ps 141:5; Pr 9:8; 17:10).

It's called willful ignorance and denial of reality (or being in denial). And the behaviour is very much encouraged by this system of things and ruler of this world and present in anyone demonstrating the spirit/attitude/mental disposition of the world. One could also use the terminology "conditioned behaviour". So I'd like to encourage those who don't want to watch the video to resist that conditioning and still watch the video in spite of that. "The heart is treacherous" warns the bible and 'solid food belongs to those who through use train their ability to distinguish both right and wrong, myths/false stories and facts' paraphrasing Hebrews 5:14. Many people are really missing out on something if they don't fight the inclinations of their own hearts that are treacherous. Also one should be careful not to feed their mind the wrong stuff based on those inclinations of the heart (see signature+description under my name and 2 Timothy 4:3,4 to help prevent 'wandering off into' La-La-Land, to quote and paraphrase part of the way the ESV renders verse 4).
edit on 26-3-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Any reply quoting bible verses as evidence, regarding evolution, is indeed willful ignorance. It is also conditioned behavior.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden
Allergies are annoying, I know. Sometimes the food can be very tasty but even if there's just a trace amount of something you're allergic to, it can still cause some serious allergy symptoms.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Almost as annoying as a Abrahamic type thinking their religion explains it all
I could quote from my holy texts, and claim a grand unification theory, yet I'd be wrong, and I'm mature enough in my faith to understand this
I leave my eídein to my science, and my gnosis to my faith.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join