It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans should Mass Protest against Jade Helm Drills

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Citizens 1 feds 8,000,000.

Gotta start somewhere.

That's awesome man, gotta love a good underdog story.

Still though, I highly doubt Americans even got the balls to wipe them cobwebs off those automatics weapons of there's and really show TPTB just how it is.

Its just all talk, if you want my honest opinion. Americans might as well be completely disarmed like us Aussies .Not like you all even got the minerals to do anything about it anyway.

edit on 21-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I don't see what a protest would change. America is numb to protest as a device for collective speech, so unless it's extraordinary it has no bargaining power. If it is extraordinary, what demands is that bargaining power used for? Realistically, you get what you give, lip service. So if protests don't work, then what?

I have a hard time seeing a mass uprising against the government, I just don't believe it would be able to ever gain enough momentum to ever happen. There would be so many factions with their idea of what should be accomplished through such an act that they could never form a cohesive enough unit to even stand up.

That leaves the option of foreign states, or some form of force power broker, to influence events or groups in America with much more resources than what they currently provide. Yet, once that line is crossed to exert more precise control over whatever movement they're involved with, they tip their hand and they're burned.

It's more likely, in my opinion, that we will turn on each other. Race, religion, politics, who knows what will spark the powder keg. I don't think that has much of a chance of happening either, but more likely than the other route.

All the while, it's still uninterrupted business as usual for those you wish to protest.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

That's awesome man, gotta love a good underdog story.

Still though, I highly doubt Americans even got the balls to wipe them cobwebs off those automatics weapons of there's and really show TPTB just how it is.

Once upon a time, there were these two fellas. One was named James Yeager, and the other, Adam Kokesh. Both of them had armies of riled up citizens ready to support their causes. Yet, they failed to grasp the reigns of patriotic revolution when they were within easy reach.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Well to start, you have the ability to post on a forum such as this. You have the ability to protest a military training event like Jade Helm for another. You have a lot to be thankful for, you have to stop and look at everything you do have without taking it for granted.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Indeed they should

But OP

Mericans no longer believe in God

They believe in.... actually nothing

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
Yeah, because Occupy worked out so well for the protesters.

Most people have no idea what Jade Helm is, I'm not sure it is anything to be concerned about really. If it turns out that our govenrment has a sinister plot planned against the American people, protesting won't stop it.

Said the "good" Germans in 1932.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: Aliensun

The list of good points about our government is extremely short. Probably could fit on a postage stamp! However, the people of this country are another story and comprise nearly all of the good points. The land, in all it's splendor, makes up a high percentage as well.

Hmph. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. There are so many positive things about our government that many people take for granted that it's not even funny. Let's start with the fact that you are even ALLOWED to write the above post of misconceptions that criticizes the government in the first place. Then as an extension, being allowed to do some silly protest of Jade Helm as another.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: Aliensun

The list of good points about our government is extremely short. Probably could fit on a postage stamp! However, the people of this country are another story and comprise nearly all of the good points. The land, in all it's splendor, makes up a high percentage as well.

Hmph. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. There are so many positive things about our government that many people take for granted that it's not even funny. Let's start with the fact that you are even ALLOWED to write the above post of misconceptions that criticizes the government in the first place. Then as an extension, being allowed to do some silly protest of Jade Helm as another.

So we should be grateful that we can critizice the those that are supposed to be serving us??

Im grateful for air to breath and feet to walk on as well, but thats besides the point that you seem to have missed.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I do usually find your posts very intelligent and well thought out. But, I have to say this one reminds me of a bit of 2004 george bush propaganda. There's 'at least' 100 different countries around the world where you can jump on the internet and bag out the government if you want. It's certainly not unique to the US and is definitely no reason to become complacent to the flaws in government.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
You already said it. There are already so many things to protest in America. Just like our military, they have us spread too thin, and I'm sure that's no coincidence. Think of all the times you've thought, "how can there be so many issues in this country all at once..." It's to keep us from organizing a massive amount of citizens and vets to attack a single issue. And most people just sit back thinking they can't make a difference, unless there's a massive amount of people already protesting. Then they might actually turn off the sports or Kardashians and join the protests, but that's the part I have no faith in.

I personally think these upcoming drills are nothing more than a distraction. A distraction for the type of people that don't trust our government and a "safety preperation" for the sheep that don't ask questions and couldn't care less anyway. Do I think the country is too far gone? Not quite, because people like me are still breathing. I admit, I haven't contributed to any kind of protest since I had my son, but like any other proud father or mother, I won't go or let our rights be stripped away without a raging fight.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I do usually find your posts very intelligent and well thought out. But, I have to say this one reminds me of a bit of 2004 george bush propaganda. There's 'at least' 100 different countries around the world where you can jump on the internet and bag out the government if you want. It's certainly not unique to the US and is definitely no reason to become complacent to the flaws in government.

What did I say about being complacent with the flaws in government? I just think it is silly to protest Jade Helm. It isn't government overreach and it isn't what conspiracy theorists think it is.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
So we should be grateful that we can critizice the those that are supposed to be serving us??

DAMN right you should be grateful for every single one of your rights. It's when you take them for granted that government starts infringing on them. Complacency leads to overreach.

Im grateful for air to breath and feet to walk on as well, but thats besides the point that you seem to have missed.

Which point would that be? That Jade Helm is some scary precursor to martial law and FEMA camps?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

DAMN right you should be grateful for every single one of your rights. It's when you take them for granted that government starts infringing on them. Complacency leads to overreach.

What I find interesting is the fact that those who are neither American or live in the US are telling us what is so bad with our government without actually having full knowledge of the way it runs on a daily basis. Only what they read about it.

And I for one am grateful for what rights I have, and will have until I die.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

They are also the first ones to tell us that we need to abolish the Second Amendment as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If they are going to use force, they will wait until after they can censor the internet.

That way, tPTB can conquer one neighbor hood/county at a time with nothing on the news about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

It is my opinion, that every time they have these, we along with the mitias should stage counter operation exercises, where we train to counteract their tactics.

His long before they stop planning and training to take us by force?

Because we have much more, and we have better tactics.

Asymmetric warfare is undefeatable. It wins every time.

Asymmetric warfare has two important aspects, the asymmetrists must be self supporting, and if not, there needs to be an outside helper.

There wont be an outside helper if the real one happens.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

What I find interesting is the fact that those who are neither American or live in the US are telling us what is so bad with our government without actually having full knowledge of the way it runs on a daily basis. Only what they read about it.

Ok then, apart from the fact you can own automatic (or semi) weapons without going though mountains of red tape (which is pretty awesome), name one single other right you have that makes America a more 'free' country than any other first world country on earth?

I bet you can't.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Which point would that be? That Jade Helm is some scary precursor to martial law and FEMA camps?

That..and that maybe we wont be able to post on our beloved forum, as we wish, for much longer if we dont stand up for ourselves/freedom.

edit on 22-4-2015 by Tucket because: edit: Oh well, quote malfunction

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Do you work for the govt, Surfer?
Enlighten me on the daily deception.

Granted, there are good things the govt does for the people (infrastructure, law & orderly fashion). But all of that is over shadowed by the lying, the cheating, and stealing. And not just from your beloved US govt..Its everywhere.

..The way I see it, is that we're all in this together. Its us against them.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

That..and that maybe we wont be able to post on our beloved forum, as we wish, for much longer if we dont stand up for ourselves/freedom.

It's going to take a BIT more than military exercises for the government to revoke our First Amendment.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join