It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans should Mass Protest against Jade Helm Drills

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

name one single other right you have that makes America a more 'free' country than any other first world country on earth?

SO who exactly are you considering first world countries, because I know a few where the freedoms that we have in the states do not exist in those countries?

You see the US has many freedoms that come to us as Americans that may not pertain to those in other countries, so asking about freedoms that make us better than others really isn't a question that has an answer to.

I bet you can't.

So tell me how many other countries where there is a place to legally buy and possess the mighty fine green plant we call cannabis...And I don't mean decriminalizing it, I mean it's legal to purchase. And that is one freedom that we have that does make us a bit more freer than other countries.

See I did.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is crazy talk. Jade Helm is a training mission. Where should our troops train? Does anyone realize we have been doing training operations like this for decades?

If the government wants to control the people its real easy and not a shot needs to be fired. You stop all power, fossil fuel, and food shipments.

I dont like big brother either but this is just crazy banter thats distracting and off any real issue.

Where were the mass protests for nsa spying? That was actually proved to be a viation of rights.

Where are tye protests for the telecommunication act in the 90's or citizens united or now unlimitted campaign contributions. These are actually real issue destroying the country and taking your rights. Lets fight that stuff or the rest is simply just a result of the power of lobbying and subversive media brainwashing.

Tele com act consolodated media. Gave us soros, murdock, etc

Citizens united cut some of the last restraints of special interest i fluence.

Unlimited private campaign donations destroyed any semblance of a true democratic process. We are now 100 percent oligarch just like russia for all you russia haters.

The only people who influence public policy in the US are now the oligarchs (corporations).

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Welcome to democracy, where you are required to gain enough support for your movement to gain any traction.

And yes, if you claim you want to take action and force political change without that public support, it's called terrorism.

Maybe, just maybe, if you don't have millions of people protesting the same things you protest, and can't manage to persuade people to consider your way of thinking, you have no case against your "evil government"?

Get the people to protest and we'll see what happens. I'll put money on no protest being arranged, and this notion falling flat on its paranoid behind.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Tucket

That..and that maybe we wont be able to post on our beloved forum, as we wish, for much longer if we dont stand up for ourselves/freedom.

It's going to take a BIT more than military exercises for the government to revoke our First Amendment.

But isnt that how it happens? Bit by bit?

Though, I would say that these drills, the establishment of military precense in civilians areas, is more than just a "bit," in terms of taking the next step of creating their desired state. Its fear mongering at the least. And it's wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Do you work for the govt, Surfer?

And why would that matter, as I am an american and see what happens here daily...do you?

But all of that is over shadowed by the lying, the cheating, and stealing. And not just from your beloved US govt..Its everywhere.

And yet you feel the need to single out the US...why?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

This is crazy talk. Jade Helm is a training mission. Where should our troops train? Does anyone realize we have been doing training operations like this for decades?

Thank the internet for this conspiracy, as you said this is not something new.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That..and that maybe we wont be able to post on our beloved forum, as we wish, for much longer if we dont stand up for ourselves/freedom.

It's going to take a BIT more than military exercises for the government to revoke our First Amendment.

Though, I would say that these drills, the establishment of military precense in civilians areas, is more than just a "bit," in terms of taking the next step of creating their desired state. Its fear mongering at the least. And it's wrong.

The fear mongering is what YOU are doing. The military is just trying to become more proficient in urban environments since that seems to be increasingly where most combat appears to be fought these days.

I used to be in the Army from 2003 - 2006. I went on a few state side training missions outside my post.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Krazysh0t

DAMN right you should be grateful for every single one of your rights. It's when you take them for granted that government starts infringing on them. Complacency leads to overreach.

What I find interesting is the fact that those who are neither American or live in the US are telling us what is so bad with our government without actually having full knowledge of the way it runs on a daily basis. Only what they read about it.

And I for one am grateful for what rights I have, and will have until I die.

Enlighten me on the daily deception.

Granted, there are good things the govt does for the people (infrastructure, law & orderly fashion).

Don't forget about Hollywood, my life would be so empty without American entertainment, lol. But we're talking about the government here and there corrupt nature.

I guess none of those fanatic blue, red and white flag bearers are prepared to take me up on my challenge of telling me what makes the US government so different to any other first world government, which would then make me unqualified to have an informed opinion?

Didn't think so, lol.

EDIT;

So tell me how many other countries where there is a place to legally buy and possess the mighty fine green plant we call cannabis...And I don't mean decriminalizing it, I mean it's legal to purchase. And that is one freedom that we have that does make us a bit more freer than other countries.

Yeah, but it isn't federal yet and you guys were the ones who forced the rest of the world to make it illegal in the first place.

But yeah, you do have that. But now you gotta worry about aussies like me coming across the pacific ocean on a leaky boat to live in colarado as an illegal immigrant.

edit on 22-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

And why would that matter, as I am an american and see what happens here daily...do you?

But all of that is over shadowed by the lying, the cheating, and stealing. And not just from your beloved US govt..Its everywhere.

And yet you feel the need to single out the US...why?

I dont live in the USA, Surfer, as you know. Perhaps you could fill me in on what Im missing..

I singled out USA because its the pinnacle of democracy, and also because of Jade Helm, as mentioned in the OP. Because the exercises encompass such a large part of America, I think it could be a good platform to protest not only Jade Helm, but many acts of tyranny committed by the govt/agencies/corporations etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Some of your guys' paranoia scares me more than anything. Where would you suggest our brave men and women stage drills and operations to keep them prepared to save your @ss at? Occupying armies have historically fared very poorly. What if we need to occupy a nuclear armed North Korea in the future until a democratic government presides?? How do we keep/get these guys prepped for that? Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Though, I would say that these drills, the establishment of military precense in civilians areas,

You do understand we have military presence in civilian areas already...just watch any sporting event we have they are present.

See this is part of what I am talking about, because seeing drills such as these aren't something nefarious, and being someone who lives in the US I see that, but because of the internet and conspiracy theories we have this type of misunderstood reaction to these drills.

Its fear mongering at the least.

No it's training, and nothing to do with fear mongering.

The fear mongering is coming from those claiming this to be something it isn't.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The fear mongering is what YOU are doing.

Having military vehicles and soldiers dressed in black marching up and down your block with AR-15s in their hands, simulating war scenarios is a much better example of fear mongering imo.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Having military vehicles and soldiers dressed in black marching up and down your block with AR-15s in their hands, simulating war scenarios is a much better example of fear mongering imo.

Only because you have given it a negative connotation in the first place. You could show your kids the same thing and explain how strong and brave those same people are in their resolve to serve as protectors and wash away all this paranoid BS. But that wouldn't serve your agenda or suit your pessimistic world view.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I dont live in the USA, Surfer, as you know. Perhaps you could fill me in on what Im missing..

Why you seem to know it all already...just look at the this thread as an example.

I singled out USA because its the pinnacle of democracy, and also because of Jade Helm, as mentioned in the OP.

And exactly what is it about Jade Helm that makes this so bad you had to single out the US, because it seems you have the idea this is something it isn't...so what makes this something other than training?

Because the exercises encompass such a large part of America, I think it could be a good platform to protest not only Jade Helm, but many acts of tyranny committed by the govt/agencies/corporations etc.

So something that has happened in every country on Earth at some level, so why is the US such a bad country?

Also you may not find this interesting, but the US is the most desired country to immigrate to...so we must be doing something right in regards to freedoms.

www.therichest.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's amazing how worked up everyone gets over drills and training which occurs ANNUALLY in all facets of State and Federal government, military, and emergency response. Not only annually, but in the case of emergency response almost continuously. And every single time, it's a precursor to FEMA camps, martial law, or the increasingly stupid as all hell false flag. Every.single.time.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
It's amazing how worked up everyone gets over drills and training which occurs ANNUALLY in all facets of State and Federal government, military, and emergency response. Not only annually, but in the case of emergency response almost continuously. And every single time, it's a precursor to FEMA camps, martial law, or the increasingly stupid as all hell false flag. Every.single.time.

Some people need a villan

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

No calling this training something it isn't is a better example of fear mongering.

Here are a few other training scenarios that we have had in the US and guess what...nothing happened.

Consider Bold Alligator, a naval exercise in which thousands of Marines and sailors have been involved in the past. The most recent version was launched last fall, and included amphibious landings to prevent insurgent groups in the fictional country known as Garnet — Georgia and part of Florida in real life — from launching attacks.

In another example, U.S. Special Forces support fictional guerrilla forces in numerous counties across North Carolina in the exercise Robin Sage. Green Beret soldiers work to liberate the country of Pineland, and operate in close proximity to civilians, who are warned that they may hear blank gunfire.

Marine Special Operations troop also have an exercise that is in some ways similar and called Derna Bridge. It spans several counties in western South Carolina, and includes some activities in Sumter National Forest.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/03/31/why-the-new-special-operations-exercise-freaking-out-the-internet-is-no-big-deal/[/ur l]

So calling Jade Helm something it isn't is where the fear mongering is happening...not because of the training.

For some reason the link isn't working, but just look into those training events mentioned and you will see they are just the same thing as Jade Helm...training missions.
edit on 22-4-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Also you may not find this interesting, but the US is the most desired country to immigrate to...so we must be doing something right in regards to freedoms.

Nah, its not freedom that makes everyone want to move to America. Its McDonald's and 'The Big Bang Theory', lol.

Its an awesome country dude, I ain't denying that. Just think fanatic American citizens sometimes get carried away with claiming its the only place in the world that prides themselves on being free.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is all so silly to me. Our military HAS to train. They have training exercises all over the world, why would they not also train here when able?

I live in a small rural area and work at the local community hospital. We do mock disaster drills all the time! We actually did one last year that involved ALL hospitals within the surrounding area, all local EMT companies, local fire departments, and even our airports.

There are many problems that we need to worry about, training is NOT one of them.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Good thing this isn't happening and isn't how Army training is conducted. Go on disagree with me. I DARE you. I only have first hand experience in how the Army conducts training exercises.

Why Operation Jade Helm 15 is freaking out the Internet — and why it shouldn’t be

Did you know that when Army training is occurring they put big, red stoppers in tips of the barrels of their rifles? This way they can create the suction to fire blanks. It's also beyond obvious that you can't fire a real bullet with one of those in the rifle.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join