It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have discovered (free) permanent cure for migraines!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: johndeere2020

I also suffer from migraines with an aura.

I have diabetes and have noted a direct correlation between hypos and migraines.

I also have found that, for me, heat is a trigger.

I seem to have a higher metabolic rate when afflicted and my wife comments that I radiate heat, but otherwise don't show other fever-like symptoms.

In New Zealand, we have volcanic hot pools and every time I have partaken of a soak in the hot pools, I have afterwards suffered severe migraine. The heat and the sulphur smell are strong triggers.

I barely had migraines (only one or two) when I lived in NZ for two years.

Cold climate definitely helps a lot! I only took a dip in the hot pools of Rotorua twice which smelled like sulfur, one in "kerosene creek".

Then I got booted out of NZ, Immigration says I'm not qualified (skilled) enough to renew my visa.

Back to my home in the Philippines hot as hell compared to NZ, I was having migraines twice a month!

I think when I went to NZ my body adapted to the cold climate so when I returned to my hot and humid cold country, my migraine problems worsened.

Yeah, I'm an immigrant here in NZ. Originally from sunny Sydney, and have had far fewer and milder migraines here in NZ.

Cooler climate, less constant stress (have had a few ups & downs,though) and a quite 'rural' lifestyle!

edit on 22/4/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
Yeah, I'm an immigrant here in NZ. Originally from sunny Sydney, and have had far fewer and milder migraines here in NZ.

Cooler climate, less constant stress (have had a few ups & downs,though) and a quite 'rural' lifestyle!

Yes, the stress too is also one of my triggers.

NZ is just perfect, I regret having been there only to be denied new visa.

It was painful. For the first time, you felt alive being in a country with the perfect climate and have such high regards for human and animal rights/life only to have it taken all away.

I was never the same since then, wish I could just forget it all.

It's like giving a dog a nice and lovely treat but only to take it away after a few nibbles. The weak has no place in this world.

I wasn't really looking for a cure to my worsening migraines these days. I only went as far as avoiding the triggers. And once it starts, I made no attempt to reduce the pain.

The apparent cure I came across came quite unexpected and I wasn't even looking for it.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A few years ago I read some silly post about eating ice cream and giving yourself a "brain freeze" to cure a migraine. At the time I laughed and though.. yeah right. Well a few days later my vision was blurred my head felt like it was in a vice with a steel spike being shoved slowly from the back of my head and coming out my left eye ball. No medications were helping ease the pain and then I remembered reading about giving yourself a brain freeze. At this point I would have gladly chopped off my left foot and plucked my own eyeball out if it would have stopped the pain in my head. SOOOOO I made a bowl of ice cream and gave my self a brain freeze.. AND IT WORKED. Better yet, it worked INSTANTLY. I could feel the imaginary steel spike being pulled out of my skull the vice releasing and my vision unblurr all with in a matter of seconds.
Ive passed this little gem on to other people, it doesnt work for everyone sadly but its worth a try because it might work for you! Anything is worth a try when it involves ice cream

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1
You have my sympathy.
Mine went away a few years ago, but every time I get that ache in the back of my neck I still get worried that they're coming back.

I tried all sorts...Codeine, didnt really touch them, just made me feel a little more detatched from the whole thing.
1000mg paracetamol with an anti vomitng agent was ok, possibly the best of the various pain killers.
My Doc even prescribed ergot once. That was useless.

Chillis did help, but more as a way of not getting an attack. I'd practically live on phalls and vindaloos in the spring time.
Coffee and chain smoking were two other things that would reduce my wish to kill myself during an episode also.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Anyone with one of those migraine headaches, where an aura starts in the eyes, should immediately drink at least two capfuls of Apple cider vinegar in an eight oz. glass of water. It shortens the first one dramatically, and if you do it every day you wont get another one.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well, applying heat dilates blood vessels and stimulates circulation. It's not a new concept that it can help with migraine headaches. As such, applying heat to a fever may or may not help as well. It's more popular to apply a cold pack to appease a fever. For one, it feels good to have something cold on you if you are burning up. And for two, applying a cold pack reduces muscle swelling/inflammation. However, the cold also constricts blood vessels which can be counterproductive in helping a migraine or a fever if the lack of blood flow is the culprit rather than tense muscles/swelling/nerve impaction (pressure on nerves).

What I am saying is it depends on the cause of a migraine to decide whether applying heat is more appropriate than applying cold packs.
In conclusion, if the heat helped you then the most likely cause of your migraines is reduced blood flow to the structures of your brain arteries, with or without potential abnormalities to those structures.
Also, the hot water from the shower, when hitting your feet, draws blood away from your head, causing the blood vessels in your brain to constrict, resulting in them to apply less pressure to surrounding nerves and muscle tissue in your head.

Both heat and cold work in different ways to ease migraine headaches. Find the cause, find the method.
edit on 23-4-2015 by unb3k4nn7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join