It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have discovered (free) permanent cure for migraines!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this possible remedy.
I usually warm up a moist heat compress and put it on my forehead and it usually helps. I take that with some meds and I sleep like a baby.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

You really should try it. I don't know about the full process he's describing, but if you're like me, standing with my neck under a full blast shower that is as hot as I can stand and letting it run on the back of my head and neck will bring relief for as long as I can stay there and for maybe 10 to 15 minutes after.

I've never brought it up because it doesn't work for my mother who also has them. She always has to use ice packs on her forehead, which do nothing for me.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That actually sounds like a good idea. I will try it next time one of those buggers hit
Ive tried ice before and that makes it worse and does nothing for me either. Heat is the only thing that helps

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Try taking your meds before you do it. It will sometimes help mine work better, and then take your moist compress to bed.

It may not work, but it won't hurt anything to try.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Good for you! That's great that you've found an option. I've suffered seasonal cluster headaches for a few years, so I can empathize how debilitating it can be. I might try something similar, but I like very hot showers anyway.

My personal 'cure' is to slice a raw habanero pepper onto some bread and butter, wash it down with ice water, and apply a cold pack strategically around the right side of my forehead, behind the ear, back of the neck, and cycle each spot as soon as I feel the ice pack start to 'burn.' I've found I can abort a headache 99% of the time by doing this. I also use "Sinus Buster" nasal spray. The capsicum from the nasal spray, and the habaneros really targets the pain.
The 1% that I miss the window to apply this method, it's the usual 3 hours of abject pain.

I know it's not migraine (it's Migraine's big, bully brother!), but it might help you in a similar way.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
And there is always the Herbal remedy.
www.thedailyheadache.com...

Yeah, if you're fortunate enough to live in a state where it's either "legal" or the police have an unofficial policy of non-involvement.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: olaru12
And there is always the Herbal remedy.
www.thedailyheadache.com...

Yeah, if you're fortunate enough to live in a state where it's either "legal" or the police have an unofficial policy of non-involvement.

Not to mention if it reacts to us similar to opiods, then it isn't going to work for the chronic migraine crowd. Our bodies give us migraines in order to get the drugs. So MJ might just cause us more migraines than it gets rid of.

I can't use painkillers except in certain, very carefully controlled circumstances, not even Tylenol.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A very effective home remedy for migraines is to put a hot rice sock on your feet and a frozen bag of peas on your head. The idea is that many migraines are caused by circulation issues in the body, specifically leading to blood vesels in the head contracting and the pressure creating migraines. Heat on your feet and cold on your head will transfer the blood flow through your feet and legs and give your cranial capillaries a break.

Another almost panacea is magnesium. A dose of magnesium often will knock out a migraine and is the primary ingredient in most of the naturopathic migraine tablets.

I'd strongly advise against standing in 60-degree C shower!!! www.antiscald.com... 5 seconds exposure to water that temperature leads to a 3rd degree burn. I'm wondering if the OP has a typo on that number, in fact. Please, don't do this.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is some extremely dangerous advice. IMO do not try this.

Most adults will suffer third-degree burns if exposed to 150 degree water for two seconds. Burns will also occur with a six-second exposure to 140 degree water or with a thirty second exposure to 130 degree water. Even if the temperature is 120 degrees, a five minute exposure could result in third-degree burns.

Link to information.

The OP must be wrong?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek I never thought of sharing it though, as I thought everyone knew about these therapies. I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for sharing.

I discovered it purely by accident.

I have an update.

After several days of sleep and food deprivation I eventually got an "aura migraine". So it is not complete cure after all.

But having survived that much days with two triggers is quite impressive and there's a lot less pain I got with this latest migraine so it's still a huge improvement.

HOWEVER, today, I experienced a strong stabbing pain in my chest at the place where my heart is. I thought it was due to angina or positioning but different positions, nor shallow breathing did not remove the pain. It persisted for several minutes and at one point, it felt like I'm losing breath. And then I'm ok again. I'm only 33 couldn't be heart attack I suppose.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This is some extremely dangerous advice. IMO do not try this.

Most adults will suffer third-degree burns if exposed to 150 degree water for two seconds. Burns will also occur with a six-second exposure to 140 degree water or with a thirty second exposure to 130 degree water. Even if the temperature is 120 degrees, a five minute exposure could result in third-degree burns.

Link to information.

The OP must be wrong?

Which is why I gave a HUGE WARNING in my OP and also discouraged others from trying it.

YES, I did receive signs of burns on my skin. They looked like rashes and sunburn and on some, it only became red.

However, the burns healed completely in just few minutes and I adapted very quickly. In my 4th trial, I did not feel any pain any more and my skin looked perfectly normal. I was able to tolerate the very hot water for a lot longer.

I actually felt cold in that very hot water. Really really strange.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

I am going to give this a try! I too suffer from very bad migraine with aura. I have tried hot showers before, but not in the way you explained. It will be worth giving it a try.

Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I am going to give this a try! I too suffer from very bad migraine with aura. I have tried hot showers before, but not in the way you explained. It will be worth giving it a try.

Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I also suffer from migraines with an aura.

I have diabetes and have noted a direct correlation between hypos and migraines.

I also have found that, for me, heat is a trigger.

I seem to have a higher metabolic rate when afflicted and my wife comments that I radiate heat, but otherwise don't show other fever-like symptoms.

In New Zealand, we have volcanic hot pools and every time I have partaken of a soak in the hot pools, I have afterwards suffered severe migraine. The heat and the sulphur smell are strong triggers.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I have diabetes and have noted a direct correlation between hypos and migraines.

I seem to have a higher metabolic rate when afflicted and my wife comments that I radiate heat, but otherwise don't show other fever-like symptoms.

In New Zealand, we have volcanic hot pools and every time I have partaken of a soak in the hot pools, I have afterwards suffered severe migraine. The heat and the sulphur smell are strong triggers.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'll try it. I have cluster headaches and migraines, and tension headaches. Nothing ever worked for me, other than sleeping. One day I had to stay up and my cluster headache went away, this had never happened before, I did absolutely nothing. My cluster headache went away, and I now hardly ever get them. My migraines/cluster headaches went from happening about 5-6 days a week to a few times a month.

My tension headaches still occur 365 days a year, but they don't bother me at all so no big deal.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I barely had migraines (only one or two) when I lived in NZ for two years.

Cold climate definitely helps a lot! I only took a dip in the hot pools of Rotorua twice which smelled like sulfur, one in "kerosene creek".

Then I got booted out of NZ, Immigration says I'm not qualified (skilled) enough to renew my visa.

Back to my home in the Philippines hot as hell compared to NZ, I was having migraines twice a month!

I think when I went to NZ my body adapted to the cold climate so when I returned to my hot and humid cold country, my migraine problems worsened.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
UPDATE:

after 5 days of food and sleep deprivation, got an aura migraine with the least pain I ever experienced. This is a record for me.

6th day continued sleep deprivation (only 5 hrs sleep). No more steaming hot showers Even so, migraine healed quickly. Also a record healing pace for me.

2ND WARNING!!

I did get a stabbing pain in my chest (in the heart!!) of the worst kind and the longest, also a record for me. I actually thought I was gonna die.

Same night, me and my friends were outside taking photos around the buildings at night and I actually caught a UFO on picture! So it could be the UFO trying to kill me for some reason or my chest pains or possible heart attack was caused by the heat shock.

So I'm not recommending this to anyone it's too premature and without expert opinion.

It's so intriguing. Same time I had a radical development dealing with migraine, also the same time I saw a UFO and even captured it on picture after so many years!
edit on 22-4-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Sounds like torture JD, you need to stay hydrated,drinking water. I've been using hot/tubs for headaches for several years, it works for me. You should check with your Doc on the chest pains. good Luck

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmikeS
Sounds like torture JD, you need to stay hydrated,drinking water. I've been using hot/tubs for headaches for several years, it works for me. You should check with your Doc on the chest pains. good Luck

I take at least 8 glasses of water a day.

Caught a UFO on picture just a few hours after I caught a migraine yesterday and a stabbing chest pain after I thought I went completely free from migraine after several days of enduring triggers for my migraine.

I think I'll make a revised thread of this in the UFO section in the UFO context with the picture. The discussion focusing on the potential alien involvement than the cure itself.

Sufficing to say, I'm in a better shape now and feel great after those attacks and despite the sleep deprivation.

Appearance of UFO at virtually the same time as the turning point of this experiment is spicing things up a bit!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join