It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have discovered (free) permanent cure for migraines!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I have the migraine of the worst kind - often, my migraine is of the aura type which is followed shortly afterwards by a painful throbbing headache which lasts for two days (I don't take medicines, I scorn them).

In rare occasions, my migraines would cause partial blindness in one eye or partial loss of hearing in one hear or even partial paralysis of one side of the body. They would be fully restored in 2 hours.

My migraine triggers are sleep deprivation and/or low blood sugar with above 60% chances of triggering migraines.

The cure??

By some misfortune, I had to stay indefinitely in a shared room with a malfunctioning water heater which only makes either very hot water or no heating at all.

It was cold that day but I need to take a shower so set to "very hot" (I have no choice). The water temperature was likely around 60' Celsius, it was steaming and painful on my skin and caused it to go red temporarily. My skin quickly adapted to resisting the heat so I ended up taking my time in the shower not in a hurry. I came out of the shower feeling sore and hot including my head. WARNING: I kept the hot water from going to my eyes because high temps could give you permanent haze on your eye lens and could make you blind!!

After a few minutes, I made a complete recovery from the heat with all the soreness and redness gone.

That same night, I only took 4 hours sleep and for the next 5 days, I was sleeping less than 6 hours a day (I never did this before!).

The first two days, I realized I wasn't getting any migraine despite the sleep deprivation (I normally sleep at least 8 hrs a day, any less would likely trigger migraine).

So I went further with the experiment and did a partial fasting from food and cut my sugar intake to half. I continued showering with the very hot water.

I spend few more days with two of my migraine triggers in place - sleep deprivation and low blood sugar....

...And for the first time, no more migraines!!

This never happened to me since puberty (which is when I first had my migraine)! In my whole life of 33 years, it is such a liberating experience!

WARNING!!: I AM NOT ADVISING ANYONE TO REPLICATE MY LITTLE EXPERIMENT YET!! PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO HIGH TEMPS COULD TRIGGER A HEAT STROKE WHICH IS POTENTIALLY DEADLY!!

My little experiment requires further verification by MEDICAL EXPERTS under controlled laboratory conditions, in which case I am willing to volunteer myself to be the test subject due to the apparent success of the accidental discovery and my proven tolerance to heat without negative effects.

My ability to recall past memories improved also and I was able to pick more details than I did before. I was remembering things I did not remember before!

Migraines affect a significant % of population and 70% of them are women. I think we should conduct a professional study of my accidental discovery. I couldn't do this on my own, I'm just a clerk!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
That's a good find. I used to suffer from cluster headaches and often found that hot air from a hairdryer or fan heater would provide temporary relief...Nothing stopped them fully though, but when you hurt that bad, anything is better than nothing.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020
I am glad for you that you are getting some relief. I still occasionally get migraines and have never found a way of getting much relief. If I eat cheap chocolate at Easter time I will get migraines so there must be some chemical that causes them as well as stress.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Nice to hear you have found something that work for you, but if you want to make some interesting experiments, see this thread (check info for ketogenic diet):
Link

This diet have demonstrated amazing effect on the brain. Why not join the experiment for migraine and give us some feedback?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64
I am glad for you that you are getting some relief. I still occasionally get migraines and have never found a way of getting much relief. If I eat cheap chocolate at Easter time I will get migraines so there must be some chemical that causes them as well as stress.

Not just relief, I think the cure became permanent and removed all manifestations of migraine. One day I skipped the very hot shower (still took a cold shower though!) and the migraine still did not manifest.

I am pushing myself to the limits, fasting and sleep deprivation and still no sign of migraine.

If I do something that stimulates my mind, I could probably go on without sleeping and not get sleepy at all.

Before I avoided sleeping less than 7 hours or allowing myself to get hungry, it would surely give me a migraine.

Not only that, it would give me blood-shot eyes with or without migraine. Now, my eyes don't get red anymore. Everything changed immediately after that burning hot shower.

I feel like I could go on and one even without sleeping if I'm doing something not boresome.

edit on 21-4-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly
This diet have demonstrated amazing effect on the brain. Why not join the experiment for migraine and give us some feedback?

Don't have to, the very hot shower seemed to have permanently cured my migraine in just a matter of minutes without spending a dime!

So far so good despite deliberate and prolonged application of my migraine triggers.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
That's a good find. I used to suffer from cluster headaches and often found that hot air from a hairdryer or fan heater would provide temporary relief...Nothing stopped them fully though, but when you hurt that bad, anything is better than nothing.

Few years ago, the hairdryer actually triggered a migraine and gave me headaches so I avoid it also.

It did not heat up my head as much as a very hot water which had way more heat energy in it than hot air. Perhaps the much higher heat content destroyed something in my head that was causing the migraines or freed up something.

Last time I went sick from any disease (excluding migraines) was three years ago. If this goes on then I would attained a state of disease/pain-free existence!

I don't avoid disease due to my living conditions which is quite filthy and crowded with other poor people and our company provided food is something that would utterly fail humanly dignified food, it is more of something you'll feed to pigs, it's always about to go bad or already stale and some of our colleagues are getting sick from the food. I never take medicines either.

I don't know how my body is doing it. I'm on a diet of pig-feed quality food of mostly unhealthy meats that were leftovers from preparation of airline meals.

I guess there is still a God who looks over his abused people.
edit on 21-4-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
logged in just to star and flag this for you, brethren

happy to see someone else has found the hot-shower treatment. I have a situation similar to yours, not sure what sets my migraines off but I get them at night or early early morning and have found that immediately jumping into a HOT shower as soon as I know one is coming on performs the trick of relieving the throbbing and nausea

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Glad to hear you found something that worked!

Who would have thought boiling yourself alive could be so beneficial?

I used to get really bad migraine headaches several years ago. They lasted for months and the only thing that would take away the pain was regular old aspirin, which I'd have to take all day long. Finally, one day without warning, a sudden loss of pressure in my sinuses occurred and I immediately had a large discharge into my throat that I spit out. It was full of blood and one never had such terrible headaches since. I don't know what happened...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Sounds like blood pressure is implicated here. I have to say that anybody looking to use excessive temperatures, hot or cold, in order to alleviate chronic migraines, should first seek expert advice. Heat can cause blood pressure to either drop or rise so it would be ideal to know what the current BP is beforehand.

My first impression when I read this is that the problem relates to a tumour. If true then may be the effects of BP, be it high or low, can have a direct impact upon a tumour?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This is a known migraine cure for some people. I believe they say to put your hand in cold water and your feet in hot water, or vice versa. Headaches/Migraines are caused by the blood vessels in the head/brain constricting/loosening. The differing cold and warmth often causes the blood vessels to behave differently and relieve the symptoms of a headache or a migraine.

www.naturalnews.com...
www.everydayhealth.com...

Google will return hundreds of links with this method.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Maybe you should try a sauna.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I will give you a few possibilities. I have rid myself of most headaches and am trying to research why.

The hot water opens the pores and allows the toxins under the skin to come out. The kidneys and liver can do this if you are not eating foods that dampen their ability to work properly.

Less sleep means that you do not lower glucose levels in the blood so much, maybe you have a problem switching over to burning ketones. The fasting can help you to improve this response. When your sugar goes too low then your BP drops along with your heartrate which lowers circulation.

Less sleep could also mean that your upper neck doesn't retain pressure on it from laying at an angle on the pillow. The muscles get tensed on one side. This leads to a headache some times.

Heat stimulates your body to boost up it's cooling system response which raises these chemicals necessary. Utilizing them can make it so they are not built up at night. This may possibly force your body to raise the burning of ketones at night. But this is just wild speculation.

The longer you sleep, the more chances of eating more carbs before bedtime and this can lead to a buildup of different fungal microbes in the gut. These microbes excrete acetelaldehyde. The acetelaldehyde can cause a hangover like effect, if you get up earlier you pee and this allows the kidneys to start working again removing uric acid, which is broken down by the MOCO 1 enzymes. You need to get adequate amounts of this mineral in the diet. Restricting sugars helps, as aldehyde dehydrogenase is a moco enzyme. Also sulfites could be building up, that is a sharper pounding headache.

There are more things I can say about ridding headaches, the only one I have not figured out is the one that comes when a thunderstorm is coming. But this is just about possible reasons why this works for you. Reducing tyramines also can lessen headaches if you cannot make the enzyme in proper amounts. Reducing aged foods, tomatoes, and peas can help with this. Sugar can act as a tyramine. Yeast creates tyramines also along with acetelaldehydes.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Thats awesome ill have to give it a try, even though I got something that works wonders for my migraines, but I cant talk about that here do to t&c's.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

If possible, just before turning the shower off, set the water to really cold for a few seconds... it will not feel cold to you, but in essence it will close your pours, trapping all the heat inside your body, giving you energy for hours to come!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio
Sounds like blood pressure is implicated here. I have to say that anybody looking to use excessive temperatures, hot or cold, in order to alleviate chronic migraines, should first seek expert advice. Heat can cause blood pressure to either drop or rise so it would be ideal to know what the current BP is beforehand.

My first impression when I read this is that the problem relates to a tumour. If true then may be the effects of BP, be it high or low, can have a direct impact upon a tumour?

Possibly.

I had terrible migraines since my teens but my last medical exam (which did not include an MRI but included the basic, bp, stool, urine, chest x-ray, blood test) last year turn out with nothing.

THey have gotten worse and more frequent even before I got the medical test(which gave me perfect bill of health, yeah right...). It will probably only give me a clue with the MRI (brain scan).

But I wouldn't bother. I"m not really looking forward to this life anymore. I got nothing to live for and I have tremendous curiousity towards the after life. I'll just weather it out for as long as possible. And I won't give a cent to a corrupt institution like the medical institution who holds our dear life hostage and accepts ransom with sky high hospital bills.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
And there is always the Herbal remedy.

www.thedailyheadache.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thing is, every person is different in their migraines.

I have had migraines since grade school starting with abdominal. By high school they were starting to work toward chronic, sometimes with aura, and they could last for days with pain on one side of the head that would migrate to the other after a brief break of maybe four to six hours.

I am photosensitive. I have to wear a hat and sunglasses if I spend any time outside, and lights that flicker at the wrong frequency set me off. I am also sensitive to atmospheric pressure. The big spring storm systems can trigger me. And stress sensitive. And hormone sensitive.

I have finally gotten mine mostly under control. But it took years working with a neurologist to isolate triggers and work on a regimen. Sadly, for me, medication is part of it. There is just no way around that. We tried other ways, but nothing works better than a daily with rescue meds as needed mixed with diet and lifestyle changes and various vitamins.

However, heat like you describe does work as a temporary measure. It helps the medication work faster and more efficiently. Another thing that will work if the weather is right outside is to walk outside on a clear, very, very cold day and take a hit of that pure, cold air straight up the nose. That will bring temporary relief too.
edit on 21-4-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I've never in my life had a migraine or even a headache, but I've also always taken very hot showers.

Maybe that's why.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I've been using hot water therapy for years as a life long migraine sufferer. My migraines are not quite as severe as they used to be, however. Two of my many triggers are the same as yours: lack of sleep and low blood sugar.

My hot water therapy is usually combined with 2 or 4 sodium naproxen tablets as well. If I have a very severe migraine I use hot AND cold water therapy to combat the worst of the pain. I never thought of sharing it though, as I thought everyone knew about these therapies. I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join