It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students in PA High School dress in flannel; pin Bible verses to students lockers for Anti-Gay Day

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arrow22
Screw Christian Beliefs.

And that one line is the best thing you said in that tirade of ignorant BS.
I agree wholeheartedly.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

from MissionAmerica

3.Christ is quoted at one point that God created people “in the beginning” as male and female, and that marriage is the union of one man and one woman joined together as “one flesh.” (Matthew 19:4-6 and Mark 10:6-9) Nothing is said about any other type of union.

also

5.Christ used the destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah as dramatic examples of God’s wrath (Matthew 10:15, Mark 6:11, Luke 10:12, and Luke 17:29). Throughout the Old Testament, prophets described these cities as being notorious for the practice of homosexuality. (Genesis 18:20, Genesis 19:4-5, Isaiah 3:9, Jeremiah 23:14, Ezekiel 16:46-59). Jesus certainly knew that this was how the comparison would be understood.

Okay, you are an ExCatholic, Great first step.
You might want to read through Genesis and see how forgiving God can really be.
Then you might want to check out John to examine the differences
between the Age of Law and the Age of Grace.

The Gift Of Life is only offered
and must be accepted in order to be of any use.
in that acceptance, you also accept the responsibility of teaching others.

The world seems against this.
And apparently you as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Hey, I'm just pointing out the FACT that Daily Mail is a right wing tabloid trash rag and can't be trusted to tell you what day it is, let alone give an accurate version of any story.

And in that second piece there is only the accusation of a "lynch list", again there is no evidence to support this story.

You're picking out the extreme bits from the Daily Mail piece, and ignoring all the lack of evidence for this being a major event as some are trying to make it, while ignoring the statement from the school itself.

It looks like the school is actively working on this, and they have called in police and so on to help the situation.

As a gay man I do not in any way underestimate the damage and threat this kind of thing creates, but there is a line being crossed here when people start talking about "lynch lists" when there is NO EVIDENCE of that even existing.

These are all just kids, some of them are misguided, and some of them have clearly been raised by terrible parents. I'm not defending or excusing any of this, I'm saying that some level-headed thought needs to go into discussing this.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Arrow22

So your basic belief is that your whole society should be FORCED to live by your religious rules, right?

You know the Taliban and ISIS think exactly the same way, right?

What makes you any different to any other religious nut wanting to inflict their religion onto a society?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Screw Christian Beliefs.

And that one line is the best thing you said in that tirade of ignorant BS.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Another one that sees the path of life and sifts out only death.
Truly we live in the days of Noah

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

So your basic belief is that your whole society should be FORCED to live by your religious rules, right?

You know the Taliban and ISIS think exactly the same way, right?

What makes you any different to any other religious nut wanting to inflict their religion onto a society?

To tell the truth, I really do not care the way the world does.
Where did you see FORCED? its a choice. if you do not believe,
we are told to

kick the dust off your shoes
and leave them to themselves.
oddly, the Word says

"Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.
matt 10:15

The World does not want you to have a choice
nor does ISIS, the Talaban or any other worldly religion
edit on 22-4-2015 by Arrow22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Klassified
Good thing we now have laws against the church dusting off the torture devices, so they can cleanse the gays of their demons, and save their souls. Praise the lord!

You mean.....the catholic church. On reflection it looks like a bunch of gay and pedophile priests torturing strait reformers and what not.

now that's interesting

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Okay, you are an ExCatholic, Great first step.
You might want to read through Genesis and see how forgiving God can really be.
Then you might want to check out John to examine the differences
between the Age of Law and the Age of Grace.

So here is Matthew 19:4-6 instead of some website's interpretation of it:
4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

and Mark 10:6-9
6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

This looks like it's making a good case against divorce. I don't see anything denouncing homosexuality though. Your other reasoning is rather ambiguous. You have no idea if Jesus was denouncing homosexuality through referring to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Given the evidence you've presented, I'd say that you should be denouncing the sins of widespread divorce more than homosexuality. Looks like THAT is what is going to bring about the wrath of God depicted in Sodom and Gomorrah. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a heathen agnostic.

I know all about God's "forgiveness". I DID say I'm an ex-Catholic.
Does God forgive sins?

The Gift Of Life is only offered
and must be accepted in order to be of any use.
in that acceptance, you also accept the responsibility of teaching others.

The world seems against this.
And apparently you as well.

Yea. Surprise! People don't like being told they are living their lives wrong because some other person's religion deemed it so. If Christians didn't spend so much time preaching their intolerances then maybe they wouldn't be so despised by everyone else. Don't worry though, your cousins the Muslims are just as bad with their pushing religion onto others actions.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yea. Surprise! People don't like being told they are living their lives wrong because some other person's religion deemed it so. If Christians didn't spend so much time preaching their intolerances then maybe they wouldn't be so despised by everyone else. Don't worry though, your cousins the Muslims are just as bad with their pushing religion onto others actions.

You have been given soooo much insight, I hope you do not lose the Path.
Christians do not Teach THEIR intolerances, They belong to GOD.
We merely want others to discover Him and His rules.

You are correct, Jesus does not directly state that Homosexuality is forbidden.

Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
1John 4:15

And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me.
John 12:44

So apparently, Jesus represents God's values.
and God is very specific about that carm.org... the list is too long for here.

So if Jesus represented

God is with us

Do you think He will support GODs laws?

No matter, a true Christian will always believe this:

But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.
1Cor 8:9

'But I have a few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit acts of immorality.
Rev 2:14

By teaching anything else, you cannot please GOD
edit on 22-4-2015 by Arrow22 because: clarification

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You have been given soooo much insight, I hope you do not lose the Path.
Christians do not Teach THEIR intolerances, They belong to GOD.
We merely want others to discover Him and His rules.

Rules. Intolerances. What's the difference?

You are correct, Jesus does not directly state that Homosexuality is forbidden.

Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
1John 4:15

And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me.
John 12:44

So apparently, Jesus represents God's values.
and God is very specific about that carm.org... the list is too long for here.

So you content that the rules in Leviticus are therefore legit?
76 Things Banned in Leviticus (and their penalties)

So if Jesus represented

God is with us

Do you think He will support GODs laws?

No matter, a true Christian will always believe this:

But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.
1Cor 8:9

'But I have a few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit acts of immorality.
Rev 2:14

By teaching anything else, you cannot please GOD

Well if you are going to hold up homosexuality as abhorrent because God said so and Jesus is following God's will, then you must also abide by all the other rules laid down by God, like being against divorce. You can't pick and choose.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Well if you are going to hold up homosexuality as abhorrent because God said so and Jesus is following God's will, then you must also abide by all the other rules laid down by God, like being against divorce. You can't pick and choose.

Absolutely!!!!!
You are really beginning to understand.
Christians rules are written in stone.
and guess what, Everyone of us has probably broken all of them.
I know I have!

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
1 john 1:9

I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give to each man according to his ways, According to the results of his deeds.
Jer 17:10

We live in the age of Grace now.
Jesus' death on the cross was the final sacrifice (no more critters taking our penalty)
Accepting His sacrifice and living by his laws (as best we can)

In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
Prov 3:6

It is what is in my heart that God will judge and my intentions.
If they are to represent God and proclaim Jesus, then I pray the Lord
holds me blameless. I have Faith that he will.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So now explain why homosexuals can't ask for forgiveness.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Or why a christian can't just ask for forgiveness after participating in something with them.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I am in no way saying that they cannot.

I am saying that the lifestyle they support is offensive to God and therefore his Son Jesus.
It is up to God to judge the heart. But a Christian Homosexual would be a Sin that, as I showed,
would not be of GOD but of his/her own interpretation. If we were to Deny ourself and follow Him
then it would stand that the decision to follow Christ would also be a decision to follow His precepts
and not Homosexuality.

This arguement only hols water if the person in question actually believes that there is accountability
after death. Which you have said you do not.

acknowledgement of a higher law is not readily accepted in the world.
Only what makes you feel good.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I am in no way saying that they cannot.

I am saying that the lifestyle they support is offensive to God and therefore his Son Jesus.
It is up to God to judge the heart. But a Christian Homosexual would be a Sin that, as I showed,
would not be of GOD but of his/her own interpretation. If we were to Deny ourself and follow Him
then it would stand that the decision to follow Christ would also be a decision to follow His precepts
and not Homosexuality.

Well homosexuals really don't have a choice in the matter. That is just how they were born. Don't you think it is odd that God would create humans that have to spend their whole lives denying their natural biological urges so that they can remain in God's good graces, meanwhile all a straight person has to do is get married and then it's open season to listen to those urges all day every day.

This arguement only hols water if the person in question actually believes that there is accountability
after death. Which you have said you do not.

That's because hell doesn't exist. We can actually trace it back to being a mistranslation that Catholics from the Medieval times just ran with to scare people into belief (like that should be a good reason to convert...)

acknowledgement of a higher law is not readily accepted in the world.
Only what makes you feel good.

Gotta prove such a thing exists first. Yours happens to be highly flawed, hypocritical, and even contradictory.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Cor 1:18

In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.
Psalm 10:4

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Right. Sure. Whatever. I'm familiar with all the cool bible catch phrases used to discount naysayers. Clearly it is easier to quote bible phrases than to actually critically analyze your religion and possibly discover you've been lied to your whole life.

Your nifty bible quotes don't answer my concerns about homosexuals being born that way and having to be forced to deny their biological urges so that they can stay in the good graces of god, while everyone else just has to get married to act on them.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Right. Sure. Whatever. I'm familiar with all the cool bible catch phrases used to discount naysayers. Clearly it is easier to quote bible phrases than to actually critically analyze your religion and possibly discover you've been lied to your whole life.

Your nifty bible quotes don't answer my concerns about homosexuals being born that way and having to be forced to deny their biological urges so that they can stay in the good graces of god, while everyone else just has to get married to act on them.

I am not here to argue, unlike most who would pander to you, I do not care.
You seem know right from wrong and have made your choices for your path.
I do not have to critically analyze my faith because I have peace.

I do not care what your concerns are about nurture/nature I only wanted to present
my beliefs regarding Christianity and Homosexuality. I imagine there are those who think
they were born to have sex with sheep or ducks, to me its the same arguement: follow my wants rather than God's.
My biological urge is to have sex with every woman I see, but I live my life according to God
and respect my Wife and my Family Values. Any idiotic attempt to convince me otherwise
seems far more hypocritical than I supposedly have been.

You have the rest of your life to decide on Christ but it is YOUR decision not mine.
After Death, its in HIS hands.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I am not here to argue, unlike most who would pander to you, I do not care.
You seem know right from wrong and have made your choices for your path.
I do not have to critically analyze my faith because I have peace.

I do not care what your concerns are about nurture/nature I only wanted to present
my beliefs regarding Christianity and Homosexuality. I imagine there are those who think
they were born to have sex with sheep or ducks, to me its the same arguement: follow my wants rather than God's.
My biological urge is to have sex with every woman I see, but I live my life according to God
and respect my Wife and my Family Values. Any idiotic attempt to convince me otherwise
seems far more hypocritical than I supposedly have been.

Fine cop out. I know that it is hard for Christians to justify their intolerance of homosexuals. You aren't the first who failed to explain why hating them is necessary for God's love. All bigotry is irrational anyways; so you were doomed from the start.

You have the rest of your life to decide on Christ but it is YOUR decision not mine.
After Death, its in HIS hands to judge.

I've already reject Christ. He's done me no favors. If I were to pick up a religion again, it certainly wouldn't be Christianity. I'd be more apt to become Buddhist actually. Reincarnation makes FAR more sense when talking about an all loving god than the one and done method that Christians subscribe to. That way, if you mess up, you get another chance to get it right. And another and another, and so forth. It is up to you when you are ready to ascend. So much more profound.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'd also like to mention, as a Christian, it bothers me to see the Bible being twisted to suit one's purpose. Also, I thought church and state were supposed to be separate, so why are the verses allowed to be on school property, when on a regular occasion, they are not? Just a thought. I bet if it was someone proselyting, the school would probably say no, but for this, it's being allowed?

Bullying?
I personally have seen the TOLERANCE that the LGBT community advocates
or should I say lack thereof. I doubt that Christians started the "Physical Bullying"

Bible being twisted? Seems pretty clear in the Word that God does not like Homosexuality.
And Christians are COMMANDED to inform and teach the TRUTH of God.

True Christians only want to inform people of SIN and the choice between Life and Death.
but saying that Homosexuality is wrong and is HATE SPEECH even if it is based on the Bible?

Personally, I do not see the need to have another week schedualed for thier movement
The message was sent and now it is up to those who were informed to decide.
I prefer the 'kick the dust off your shoes' and let them die in sin.

in the end America is a bandwagon nation and are only into being in the next news cycle.
Screw Christian Beliefs.

You may not see the need for another week of this, but you need to tell the Christian kids because it's already happening. They wore Orange for Monday, BTW, it was reported in the news at 11. They harassed the LGBT kids, again, btw. So more bullying, and it hasn't stopped yet. You can let them die in sin all you want. They can sin until their last hour, as long as they accept Christ, even in their last second, they will still go to Heaven, and there isn't a thing you can do about it. You know this. As do I. Oh, and again, Bible was written by Man, and the Word of God was interpreted by Man. Why do you think there's so much controversy over whether or not Mary of Magdalene was the true discipline who was suppose to lead and spread the Word and not Peter, or the Wife of Jesus. Again, because it was interpreted by Man.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join