It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Patriot?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: roncoallstar

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: roncoallstar

Um, okay.

I guess (according to you then) that Canadians can be patriotic.

Canadians didn't murder the Aboriginal people that were there. Are you seriously comparing the conflicts in Canada to the mass genocide of American Indians?

Um yes they did.

Try reading some history.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Is there a single american alive today that played any role at all in this activity?

What Lind of illogical drivel are you spouting here?

Are you proud of your family?

Well one of your ancestors did some messed up stuff.

How do you justify this family pride?

See how absolutely illogical that is?

Guilt by extremely far removed association?

Is that what your saying?

Exactly. The mixed bloods in America should have the best perspective on this.

For example, I have Native American, Pictish, Scottish, and western European in my blood. I have a bar brawl of ancestors committing genocide on each other. It's a miracle that any of us are even here.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Another hit and run thread, meant to stir contempt and rile issues that aren't even relevant.. Awh i miss the good ol days what happened? I blame POP CULTURE DAMMIT! oh sorry thought we were talking about music for a sec.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am a warrior for my nationstate.
IT IS the best nation I have seen and I prefer it to others ,no doubt because I was brought up in a military nuclear family,my father was a Lt Col USAF.
I learned about UFOs and became a voracious reader at 9 years oid about then, so I was farmiliar with conspiracy even if I didn't completely grasp the concept until later in life.
I was also hard programmed by my media to be macho and fight Commies. I am of course alot more of a complex thinker so I learned the LEFT /RIGHT game was B/S about...17(1977)
Since then I have learned that we are ALL overseen by a financial oligarichal system that pervades the world and uses money to manipulate all governments.
America is THE PEOPLE not what our leaders ,media or politics say we are ,unless one is not a very complex thinker and falls prey to the current popular indoctrinations. "QUIET WEAPONS FOR SILENT WARS " pretty much covers what was started in 1950.
Hippies/Black Panthers are at the helm NOW ,apparently to knock down the US with a "Cloward and Piven" strategy of overwhelming our economy with welfare and disrupting our military by demoralization as well as dividing us by a false skin issue. Many Vets kill themselves thanks to such shallow thinking as THEY believe THEMSELVES to be at fault but don't take into account WHO gave the order. It is a very confusing thing to watch progressives fan these flames as if they have NO IDEA how the system operates,if men who have that fighting spirit in side DON'T volunteer there WILL be a draft if the military can't fill it's ranks.
By adding those WHO DON'T want to fight or criminals THAT would just get more people killed and HAS.
THIS time the borders would be LOCKED down everything is interconnected and if a nominal draft failed THEN we would have CONSCRIPTION,EVERYBODY will go and MARTIAL LAW would be in effect,remember there is an ongoing effort to introduce WOMEN into combat positions.
THAT way we would see a reduction in population and manpower immediately following any conflict with that scenario.
The Fly in the ointment is the 2nd amendment we have GUNS they can't oppose,the worlds largest standing ,potential army,ON THE ENTIRE PLANET are ,as we speak ,are REGISTERED HUNTERS in the US.
I don't hunt myself...
www.petersenshunting.com...

www.hindustantimes.com...

edit on 19-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I think the Op was just trying to be edgy and erudite. It didn't work as planned, is all.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

Can you name me one country that hasn't changed its borders/stolen land/had war with its neighbors?

Iceland.

www.visionofhumanity.org...#/page/indexes/global-peace-index

Wrong, vikings, they were very well known for waring with every neighbor they found.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

indeed rehashing the same thread and shame becomes mentally stagnant and absurd.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: tadaman

Tadaman is there really a point in communicating with a U.K person that would attempt to pick Americans off from rooftops given the opportunity?

Lol

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Um, okay.

I guess (according to you then) that Canadians can be patriotic.

Canadians didn't murder the Aboriginal people that were there. Are you seriously comparing the conflicts in Canada to the mass genocide of American Indians?

Oh no, you didn't just say that, did you?

Excuse me, but just why did Stephen Harper apologize to your First Nations?

What happened to children in the residential schools in Canada?

Some were killed outright, some were beaten so badly they became disabled, and they were torn away from their mothers and fathers.

Oh no, it never happened in Canada and that was just a little problem, right?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
With all due respect this seems like dumb argument, in reality every country ever has at one time. Think how long the Greeks have been around. French and Indian war anyone? Patriotism is not about what you do or how you act. It is an idea that spawns those things good or bad history is always told by the victor. Take it for what it is. If you truly wanted everyone's opinion you would have set a poll. Then again I don't think that was the goal.

Btw I am a proud patriot of the United States of America.
edit on 5300742015vAmerica/Chicago04bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Technically, Americans didn't steal this land and kill its native inhabitants. Those were European settlers and it started in the 1500's, a good bit before the United States of America came along.

If the idea of conquering lands through war and claiming them as your own bothers you, how can you stomach being a European? Consider the Roman empire alone. That's a lot of people sacrificed in the violent acquisition of land. I don't think there has ever been an empire of any sort that is not guilty of this to some degree.

Even today, with supposedly more evolved sensibility, we still see it happening.

edit on 19-4-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It's not even my country, I am from Europe, as are most of us.

To start, "Europe" is not a country. Would you care to share which country, so we can compare the histories?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

the progress and implementation of these documents that has led us to prosperity and freedom at least amongst our self's.

Er,where do you live? Ever hear of the patriot act? Your freedom is gone dude. Half the nation is on some type of assistance,thats prosperity? If you are a patriot as you say,where were you when the patriot act was being pushed through? Why did you let it happen? Are you a service man or woman? Ex service? If so you swore an oath to protect the constitution didn't you? All enemys foreign and domestic? Our armed forces failed us.They were off in other countries following whatever the elites told them to do. It had nothing to do at all with making anything better for others in another country.Thats nonsense the government feeds people so they can sleep through the night.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

the progress and implementation of these documents that has led us to prosperity and freedom at least amongst our self's.

Er,where do you live? Ever hear of the patriot act? Your freedom is gone dude. Half the nation is on some type of assistance,thats prosperity? If you are a patriot as you say,where were you when the patriot act was being pushed through? Why did you let it happen? Are you a service man or woman? Ex service? If so you swore an oath to protect the constitution didn't you? All enemys foreign and domestic? Our armed forces failed us.They were off in other countries following whatever the elites told them to do. It had nothing to do at all with making anything better for others in another country.Thats nonsense the government feeds people so they can sleep through the night.

I'm surprised you left out FEMA camps and guillotines??????

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Mam, that's me in my avatar pic from 07 I don't fully agree with what happened over there and that's not what this thread is about. I'm from texas , and I stand by what I said and I do love my country and my people what's your deal with me? What did I do to you?
edit on 19-4-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
I'm from texas

Why would that lady pick on you? Your from the friendly state Tejas.... named after the Caddo's and other local indians... who by the way sold their land to our friendly (tejas) government.

edit: well actually we forced the Texas indians to sell their land, they had no choice, the other option was to die.... they should rename Texas, it's history is not so friendly!!!

but anyway... carry on....

edit on 19-4-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Did you miss my first post in this thread or what?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I have nothing personally against you at all. But I hear people go on about what a patriot they are,and they think they are doing the right thing by supporting a government that they know is lying to the public,and is doing wrong by other countries.And yet they go and do what they are told. People need to get together,all of us. I don't care whether you served or not,and stand up to this government and put it in its place.

If another country attacks us,by all means we should go after them and finish it. That means have a total plan and goal on what we will do there to finish it. Not that this nonsense we have been doing to make others richer,with wars that drag on and on. Those aren't wars.They are killing for profit.

I am by no means a pacifist.I believe that there is a time and place for everything. What I don't believe in is killing citizens of another country because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. That is the brunt of what is happening in these for profit skirmishes.

The Americans aren't bad people,but they are blind people.They just nod their heads like a bobble head in a car window and go along with what ever their government says. And yet the government has released papers over the years showing without a doubt that they lie,and try to take out other governments, and falsify information to bomb countries. When does this nonsense end? I am neither democrat or republican. I believe in owning guns, I believe in fighting when its needed,I believe in standing up for ourselves.

But I also believe in taking care of those that have sacrificed for us. I believe in taking care of those who can't care for themselves. I believe that the taxpayers should be the only source of funding for anyone running for office so they are beholden to the voters. I believe in banishing ALL pacs,super pacs, and any 'gifts' or funding from private donors. Our reps shouldn't be bought before they even get in office. I believe that we need to work on getting our prison population down.Not making it for profit so that they WANT to lock people up and make money. I believe we can be better than we are.But it would take more work than anyone wants to deal with now.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I think if the native tribes had been cohesive with one central government and a military, things would have gone different. Look at how good tribal goverments have been working in the ME for thousand of years.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

What exactly did you want the military to do when the patriot act was passed?

I did everything I could legally do... Congress just used fear to stop a big push back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join