It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Patriot?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

LMFAO

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My blood, like many Americans, is mixed with the native inhabitants of this continent that my European ancestors slaughtered.

So it is my country. But the country and the government are not the same thing. The United States government is evil, and it always has been. And the lesser evil is still evil.

I am a patriot for my country--the land, the trees and the people (most of the time). The government, dare I say the Constitution itself, does not deserve your loyalty. It can crash and burn for all I care. The country will still be here when it's gone.

So I guess I'm not the kind of capital-P patriot you're talking about.

edit on 4/19/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am a patriot, because I love the nation that was given to me. I didn't take it, it was given to me by God by virtue of my birth. I abhor what was done here before I arrived, but I had no part in that. I hope that we, as a people, can recognize the spiritual wound caused thereof and work to make real amends, the application of salve to our collective soul.

I always try to remember that patriotism isn't obedience to a government, but to an idea enshrined in the hearts of a people. Our forefathers taught us that, and I swore to the very same in my many years of service in the Army. Still, I never forget the people of the nation which we all share. It is to them and their protection, the well being of our children to which I remain committed, and this is my patriotism.

The Electric Priest

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: roncoallstar

If you don't believe the Americans stole this land then committed genocide against the American Indians, how exactly would you describe what took place, and how do you justify it now?

You're originally from Europe and you have also never studied history? Silly question because of your lack of knowledge about what actually went on in America proves that.

The Europeans stole the land and killed up to 90% of the native inhabitants by exposure to disease. So in fact the French, English, and Spanish are the people that stole the land and committed genocide.

edit on 19-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

originally posted by: beezzer

Can you name me one country that hasn't changed its borders/stolen land/had war with its neighbors?

Easter Island?

Just wait.

They're sneaky.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Nope, Vikings killed off natives.

The first settlement was not in the 800s. There was evidence of other peoples already there that probably made it there from north America. Vikings came and killed everyone who was there.

There is evidence that Icelandic DNA has mitochondrial DNA from native americans. Meaning they on their raids captured natives already there and used them for breeding.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Genetics doesnt lie. Icelanders have native genes that are unique in that they are not shared by Natives of the Americas, which would indicate that a native population existed and was absorbed.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I think they burned up all their resources making those stone heads and went extinct which was why it was morbidly humorous not to mention the whole island thing.
lol

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Nope, Vikings killed off natives.

The first settlement was not in the 800s. There was evidence of other peoples already there that probably made it there from north America. Vikings came and killed everyone who was there.

There is evidence that Icelandic DNA has mitochondrial DNA from native americans. Meaning they on their raids captured natives already there and used them for breeding.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Genetics doesnt lie. Icelanders have native genes that are unique in that they are not shared by Natives of the Americas, which would indicate that a native population existed and was absorbed.

Vikings were predominantly Danish and they ruled Scandinavia.

Did they not?

edit on 19-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Norway....there were norwegian vikings.

The early structures were mud huts like vikings built.

Wait, are you saying norwegian vikings DIDNT settle Iceland?

SOURCE?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Norway....there were norwegian vikings.

The early structures were mud huts like vikings built.

Wait, are you saying norwegian vikings DIDNT settle Iceland?

SOURCE?

Not at all, I am just saying Denmark was a big player then.

link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: beezzer

I think they burned up all their resources making those stone heads and went extinct which was why it was morbidly humorous not to mention the whole island thing.
lol

The stone heads were probably going on top of robots that they were building to take over the world.

I think we dodged a bullet!

link   
a reply to: tadaman

Tadaman is there really a point in communicating with a U.K person that would attempt to pick Americans off from rooftops given the opportunity?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The Spaniards committed genocide when they brought smallpox to the Americas. We just exercised our Manifest Destiny much later.
Indians didn't believe in land ownership so how could we steal what they never owned?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

LOL

No, you are right.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

originally posted by: beezzer

Can you name me one country that hasn't changed its borders/stolen land/had war with its neighbors?

Easter Island?

That is not a country. It belongs to Chile.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Dbl

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Dbl

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I think if America could respond to it's attempted path of redemption after being responsible for such horrible atrocities, it would use the words of your avatar, John Marston:

"It ain't exactly a secret I didn't get these scars from falling over in church."

America is a story of redemption. She used to run with a bad crowd and has been trying to make things right ever since. Her actions may still be misguided and her moral compass corrupted and twisted through the years but she's trying. And, like Marston, America is under the thumb of people with money and power.

link   

Is there a single american alive today that played any role at all in this activity?

What Lind of illogical drivel are you spouting here?

Are you proud of your family?

Well one of your ancestors did some messed up stuff.

How do you justify this family pride?

See how absolutely illogical that is?

Guilt by extremely far removed association?

Is that what your saying?

link   
a reply to: Trueman

the humor evades you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join