It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police release graphic video of Tulsa man as he was killed by cop who thought he pulled his Taser

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I want to know if there is something that hints at a deeper causation, I want to if know police questionable killings of unarmed black males increased with the election of Obama, or we it was always the same just the amount of camera footage make it seemed that way.

A Gun owner triggered a brief lockdown last week while demonstrating his open carry rights outside a Michigan high school.

Police spotted the man, who they recognized from previous encounters, walking about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday near Lamphere High School in Madison Heights.

Officers called administrators when the man approached school property, and they locked down the school for nearly an hour.

Police said they received “about a million calls” about the man, who lives near the school and was carrying a rifle and holstered pistol.

“We had a citizen exercise his right to open carry, and he chose to exercise that right near the high school,” said Officer Carey Spangler.

“We’ve dealt with this individual in the past,” Spangler added. “We know of him to exercise his right to open carry.”

Police did not identify the man, who was not arrested, charged, or injured in the encounter – which he recorded on video and posted online.
www.rawstory.com...

Now I don't what the laws are in Michigan, but I would be concerned about a man carrying a weapon on campus, however the way this was handled should be the way all the other cases we talked about on this forum could have been handled, with a sense of calm respect and diligence.
edit on 12-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

And lets not mention all the lives that have been saved by police . Sarcasm off . One statement far outweighs the other . Hint . It is not yours . Haters gunna be haters .

You can try to skew this discussion in your favour all you want, it isn't going to change anything.
It isn't going to change the fact that over 5000 american civilians have been killed by american police since 9/11. Journalists investigating police shootings have estimated that they may be as high as 1000 per year, but the real number will never be known because most law enforcement agencies do not have to report their statistics to the FBI database.

This is closet database I know of:

killedbypolice.net...

Has links to every story source. 291 from the start of the year until the end of March so far.
edit on 12-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

killedbypolice.net...

Has links to every story source. 291 from the start of the year until the end of March so far.

So, 4 months have not even elapsed, and we have almost 300 killings committed so far?
If we take that average, and multiply it by the rest of the months remaining in the year, that information would only strengthen my earlier comment about an estimated 1000 killings a year.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: symphonyofblase

So you blew the average out from 360 a year to 1000 on an estimate by journalists . Nothing impartial there . Now lets say the official figure was 1000 but journalists "estimated" that 360 was the figure closer to the mark . Wont wash , i thought not . Both would be estimations right but you would only choose to believe one of them . The one that fits your agenda . Twisting numbers to suit just wont sit with me . 100 percent of people who die of a heart attack wont die of cancer , go have a big mack if you dont want to die of cancer . There is your numbers game for you .

killedbypolice.net...

Here are your numbers. Seems it isn't such an estimation after all, and if the number of killings continue to happen at the same rate, the number of civilians killed by police will be well above 1000 by the end of 2015.

Would you like some cutlery with which to eat your words, or will you just use your hands?

Thanks to infolurker for the link.
edit on 12415 by symphonyofblase because: Added link

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Fingers before forks as they say . You quoted 360 not me . Then an estimation .

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Fingers before forks as they say . You quoted 360 not me . Then an estimation .

That's what I thought, less to clean up if you use your hands huh?
I quoted 360 you say? Were you awake when this occurred? Please highlight the part in this thread where I quoted the number 360.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

You can try to skew this discussion in your favour all you want, it isn't going to change anything.
It isn't going to change the fact that over 5000 american civilians have been killed by american police since 9/11. Journalists investigating police shootings have estimated that they may be as high as 1000 per year, but the real number will never be known because most law enforcement agencies do not have to report their statistics to the FBI database.

My apologies , i did the math for you .Mind you i did divide by 14 not 13.5 . And you used the year so far up above, but origionally quoted from 9/11 till now . Numbers eh .

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

That 5000 number was reported in 2013. 1100 people were killed in 2014. And the tally for 2015 stands at 323 as of yesterday, April 11.
Looks like 2015 will be a record year for police.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Perhaps people should stop pointing guns at them . Read some links in your own source .

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

That isn't the topic of this thread.
So I won't.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing
A criminal thug running from you, who is non productive to this society, why the heck should you care about him wining? Criminals need to be ridden of this Earth. He is lucky that is all the cop said/did. If you cannot obey the laws of our society, be gone. Political correctness coddles criminals. We do not need them on this planet. So don't get mad if a cop cusses at him.

ID

You are exactly what is wrong with our society.
You have the balls to rant about obeying the laws of our society, yet you seem to want to ignore the rule of law and the system of justice you have and go straight for executions in the street.

You seem to believe that the mere suspicion of having committed a crime, regardless of the level of crime, deserves execution, and the very idea that you had a single star for that bs is worrying.

Cops are not judges, they are not juries, and they are not executioners. If you think cops should have the right to execute people in the street just because they someone is suspected of committing a crime you are the one who needs locking up.
edit on 12-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

No, they won't.
The god damn cowards of this nation won't even stand up to a bunch of old men making laws that enslave us, what makes you think they're going to do anything against the ones with guns and a "fire at will" attitude?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5

If I knew the cops would kill me if I ran... I WOULD NOT RUN! DUH! Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Unfortunately people are being killed by police even when they give themselves up without a fight, or even sometimes when they're in custody already.

That is very rare though. 99% of shootings are just. You figure hundreds a year, 3-4 maybe are unjust.

ID
edit on 12-4-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

killedbypolice.net...

Read some of those links on that database, came across this one...
Dog in police shooting ruled not vicious

On Jan. 6, Autumn Steele, 34, was fatally shot outside her home by a Burlington police officer investigating a domestic disturbance. The officer was startled by the couple’s German shepherd, Sammy, which ran outside. The officer fired several shots at the dog when he fell. One of the shots missed the dog and hit Steele in the chest.

There are no words...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You guys are treating this as a typical "death by cop" thread/vid when it aint.

##yourbreath is getting some play over this video.

From what I've read, the death that happened (unfortunate & repugnant as it is) isn't as repulsive as the attitude from the other "cop" that issued that phrase. It brings the entire attitude & cop mentality into question.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

I don't know..it may be worse, seems like if you make enough donations they give you a gun and cereal box badge and you get to run around and play cop , and now someone is dead..it's certainly no better.
I wonder if Steven Segal has clipped anyone while playing cop.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: birhan
a reply to: vonclod

That post punched me in the gut withdwith disgust.

Eta: not disgust at the poster but the truth in the post.

As an African and Canadian I plan to avoid the U.S. for awhile its just vile atm.

Honestly cant believe cops behave like that and treat anyone like that, doesnt matter wether they are black blue or green. They need to take guns away from cops and just make severe penalties for injuring or attacking an officer maybe even death so the cops dont get shot and can start being "peace" officers again.

Eta: Its scary when cops are so scared of civilians they act this way

The worst part is this isn't actually new. It's always been like this for black & brown people in America. The only difference now is the availability of small cameras & an internet to show the footage. So now, the other communities in the US get to see what we've been complaining about all this time.

Just look up the term "slave patrol" (here's a wiki article to get you started). Those were active before the US Civil War.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: ArchangelOger

No, they won't.
The god damn cowards of this nation won't even stand up to a bunch of old men making laws that enslave us, what makes you think they're going to do anything against the ones with guns and a "fire at will" attitude?

Hey, US citizens do stand up for our rights. But what exactly are non-violent protestors supposed to do in the face of riot police? Surely you haven't forgotten the original Ferguson protests, when the cops were attacking protesters & journalists? They even arrested a Missouri State Senator who participated in the protests. So how is that cowardly?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

killedbypolice.net...

Read some of those links on that database, came across this one...
Dog in police shooting ruled not vicious

On Jan. 6, Autumn Steele, 34, was fatally shot outside her home by a Burlington police officer investigating a domestic disturbance. The officer was startled by the couple’s German shepherd, Sammy, which ran outside. The officer fired several shots at the dog when he fell. One of the shots missed the dog and hit Steele in the chest.

There are no words...

The residents KNEW the cops were on the way because one of them called. Why not lock the dog up? This was an accident because of the stupid home owners. You cannot blame the police on incidents such as this. I hate that the dog died because he was just doing what any dog would. But it could have been prevented, and not by the police but the owners.

ID
edit on 12-4-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The residents KNEW the cops were on the way because one of them called. Why not lock the dog up? This was an accident because of the stupid home owners. You cannot blame the police on incidents such as this. I hate that the dog died because he was just doing what any dog would. But it could have been prevented, and not by the police but the owners.

ID

Uhhhh did you read the article or the excerpt?

The dog didn't die. The woman in the house died - because the officer fired at the dog and missed.
edit on 12Sun, 12 Apr 2015 12:42:19 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join