It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police release graphic video of Tulsa man as he was killed by cop who thought he pulled his Taser

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ItalianDressing

Just like the one in NC would have been 'just' without the video.

Yes by the book and standards that the police have set up for them self's where they can pretty much shoot anyone as long as they are in fear for their life the shootings are 'just'.

That damn book needs a re write.
edit on thSun, 12 Apr 2015 13:20:38 -0500America/Chicago420153880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yes the guy was a convicted felon, yes he committed another crime, yes he ran, yes we could say that if he didn't break the law he wouldn't of died.

That said, this is horrible.

An unjustified shooting of a suspect and then the officers involved have the audacity to tell him F your breath...

Things just keep rolling downhill...

edit on 12-4-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I heard the cop screaming *he shot me* with something and was almost crying it sounded like. What happened? We are doomed if these videos keep coming out every day like this. America will burn from *those people* (Not the cops) for a short time. If people think the cops are racist, why run then? "Don't you know you will die if that is how cops act?" Don't break the law and run then if you *know* cops will kill you!

If I knew the cops would kill me if I ran... I WOULD NOT RUN! DUH! Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Just a bit of critical thinking.

ID

No that is NOT 'critical thinking". Because it implies that a runner KNOWS that the penalty for running is DEATH.

It is not. There is no law which makes it okay for cops to murder you for running. In fact it is against procedure.

Your "critical thinking" would also imply that you can now be shot for mouthing off at a cop or looking at them wrong, if we were to follow your 'logic'.

It's amazing how now the mantra has become 'don't run or be shot'. So the goal posts are now moved because cops are murdering people. It's amazing what JUSTIFICATION can do to a person's philosophy. This is where we are out now? "don't run or be shot"? So now are we to expect cops SOP to include shooting people who run away?

What about shooting people for moving in their car? Maybe shooting people for making eye contact?
edit on 12-4-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

LOL, that is the best link for numbers I have ever found. It is nice to be able to verify them with the story links.

Sorry for being a little incoherent in the original post. Had a few drinks last night

Spread the word. I think everyone should know about this data.

killedbypolice.net...
edit on 12-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There used to be fleeing felon laws where a fleeing felon could be shot. I know it wasn't the case in all states and I wonder if any of those laws still exist and if it is possible the laws were done away with but somehow the mentality is still with the older officers on the force and it gets passed down in training?

It would be interesting to see where these shootings are mainly taking place and see if they had or have fleeing felon laws in that state. I have never heard it mentioned and don't know the status of those laws. I do know you can use deadly force to stop a forcible felony, but that is not what I am talking about here. I am talking about the 'fleeing felon' law.

edit on 12/4/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Ya states still have them, I was under the impression most still did tbh.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Seems USA needs increase its police recruitment standards.

You cant give a retard a gun and a badge and expect the outcome to be good.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

originally posted by: Spider879
Why was a 73yrs old civilian non cop out on patrol with a gun?..
He didn't mean to shoot or kill the guy that's obvious, but more disturbing is the attitude of the cops'..fk your breathing??
I don't want that guy in my community police force.

A criminal thug running from you, who is non productive to this society, why the heck should you care about him wining? Criminals need to be ridden of this Earth. He is lucky that is all the cop said/did. If you cannot obey the laws of our society, be gone. Political correctness coddles criminals. We do not need them on this planet. So don't get mad if a cop cusses at him.

ID

I think you need to read your own constitution.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Robert bates allowed to leave the country on vacation

My my, it must be nice to be one of those rich privileged folks huh?
This guy is a multimillionaire, how is he not considered a flight risk?

Robert Bates reportedly sold his insurance business in 1999 for $6 million

He was released on only $25 000 bond. Is that a normal bond price for somebody with millions in the bank?

But it gets better:

Tulsa Reserve Deputy Robert Bates Was Investigated in 2009

An internal review was launched in 2009 regarding Bates not completing training and his on-duty behavior, a source with knowledge of the investigation told NBC News. A sheriff's deputy interviewed after the fatal shooting told investigators Bates used his personal vehicle to conduct unauthorized vehicle stops

Questions have been raised regarding Bate's training, with allegations being made that Tulsa police falsified Bate's training records.

Tulsa County Sheriff Stanley Glanz has said Bates was qualified, but the department was having trouble finding all the training records

Maybe they're having trouble because those records don't exist?

Former supervisor of Bates now in jail for murder

Oh, what do we have here? The very same man who signed off on Robert Bate's training, is himself a murderer.

The son of a police chief, Crittenden went on to become a Tulsa deputy—only to be terminated in 2011. He is now behind bars charged with first-degree murder, awaiting trial for a deadly January shoot ’em up at a Super 8 Motel that left 33-year-old Michael Jones, a wanted pimp, pumped full of lead

Warren Cole Crittenden was part of a group of 4 men arrested for murdering another man in a Tulsa hotel room on January 27, 2015. This is the same man who supervised the training of Robert Bates, and deemed him responsible enough to be given police powers.

Why has this thread died? There appears to be way more to this case than some rookie grabbing the wrong weapon.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

Bond isn't about how much you got but your charge.
25k is pretty light though, you can rack that up pretty easy with out manslaughter. And to be allowed to leave the country? ?
That is some bs right there.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Robert Bates has previously paid for Tulsa Sheriff Stanley Glanz to holiday with him in the Bahamas.
Maybe he's bribing judges also.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join