It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police release graphic video of Tulsa man as he was killed by cop who thought he pulled his Taser

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622 And lets not mention all the lives that have been saved by police.

irrelevant. not the subject of discussion. endless police brutality and shooting people indiscriminatly IS.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I've never understood why its considered appropriate to rub there heads into the ground with there knee, when they already have the suspect on the ground and multiple cops have got his hands.

It's very simple really...
If they make the process of arresting you painful as possible, there's a good chance your going to physically react, or move. If you move, they can now additionally charge you with resisting arrest. Of course the more you move, the more they can also take out their aggression on you. Why you think that almost everyone that get arrested also gets resisting as a stacking charge?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Not wanting to start yet another thread on police brutality, but look the guy surrendered putting his hands above his head and they still used his head like a soccer ball.

Yeah, and how about that penalty kick ,eh?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ItalianDressing

That wasn't the cop screaming, that was the man on the ground.
No one knows they are going to shot for running away, people run. Oh well, that is just one more charge that the cops get to add on.
The whole "don't break the law and you have nothing to worry about" attitude is all fine and dandy till they are looking at you.
"Well it it will never happen to me"
Until it does, most people don't plan on being on the wrong side of the law.

If the guy can't tell the difference between a gun and a taser, don't think he needs to be out there chasing down people.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: symphonyofblase

And lets not mention all the lives that have been saved by police . Sarcasm off . One statement far outweighs the other . Hint . It is not yours . Haters gunna be haters .

Seriously, this is becoming a daily occurrence at this point, and the really scary part is that they are now only getting caught because of the increasing number of video cameras around. I know from multiple LEO friends that this creative report writing stuff has been going on for ages, and the whole purpose of groups like the PBA is to get them out of trouble when they get caught breaking the law themselves (think about that the next time they call you for a donation BTW). We've had how many cops arrested and charged in the last year? How many under FBI investigation?

You have a whole society of police out there that think they can make up their own laws. Chief among those laws is that many believe they can arrest or shoot you just because you pissed them off, and they find a way to justify it after the fact in the paperwork. You have cities and states quietly looking the other way, with a wink and nod, because law enforcement generates profit for them.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

And lets not mention all the lives that have been saved by police . Sarcasm off . One statement far outweighs the other . Hint . It is not yours . Haters gunna be haters .

You can try to skew this discussion in your favour all you want, it isn't going to change anything.
It isn't going to change the fact that over 5000 american civilians have been killed by american police since 9/11. Journalists investigating police shootings have estimated that they may be as high as 1000 per year, but the real number will never be known because most law enforcement agencies do not have to report their statistics to the FBI database.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
The whole "don't break the law and you have nothing to worry about" attitude is all fine and dandy till they are looking at you.

And the problem is that with “For profit” policing they have to trump up business to “log a busy day”. Which means that even if you're not doing anything wrong, and an officer has decided to target you, he will find, or engineer, something to arrest you for. The whole idea of generating profit form law enforcement makes the entire system biased, and unconstitutional. Its also why we have more and more laws each year.

A good example is traffic cams. States/cities knew they'd make mint off those things, and look how swiftly they popped up everywhere. Yet something like police body cams, are taking forever, because they hurt the states “for profit” scheme by publicly showing exactly how outrageous much of this crap is, and opening them up to lawsuits.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Isn't this the reserve deputy that donated a butt ton of money to the police department?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Nice catch, looks like you are correct:
www.tulsaworld.com...

Robert Bates, the reserve Tulsa County deputy who fatally shot a man who was in a physical altercation with another deputy last week, has donated thousands of dollars worth of items to the Sheriff’s Office since becoming a reserve deputy in 2008.

Bates apparently is not alone as both a donor and reserve deputy. While the Sheriff’s Office has not released its full roster, Clark said other wealthy donors are among the agency’s 130 reserve deputies.
“There are lots of wealthy people in the reserve program,” he said. “Many of them make donations of items. That’s not unusual at all.”
Bates has donated multiple vehicles, guns and stun guns to the Sheriff’s Office since he became a reserve deputy in 2008, Clark said. The Sheriff’s Office did not have an itemized list of donations made by Bates available Monday and deferred that question to the county commissioners’ office, which tracks those items.

I guess if you donate enough you can get away with murder, literally.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Never thought of it like that but that is on point.
Well at least the light camera and body cams point.

Very well versed in the for profit issues, they need to justify thier presence and supplement that salary fund.

And Domo1 I really hope they is that not true...
Donate a bunch of money and go play cop

Omg... how can a department get away with something like that!?
edit on thSun, 12 Apr 2015 01:35:39 -0500America/Chicago420153980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

So you blew the average out from 360 a year to 1000 on an estimate by journalists . Nothing impartial there . Now lets say the official figure was 1000 but journalists "estimated" that 360 was the figure closer to the mark . Wont wash , i thought not . Both would be estimations right but you would only choose to believe one of them . The one that fits your agenda . Twisting numbers to suit just wont sit with me . 100 percent of people who die of a heart attack wont die of cancer , go have a big mack if you dont want to die of cancer . There is your numbers game for you .
edit on 12-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Like an african safari.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

So you blew the average out from 360 a year to 1000 on an estimate by journalists . Nothing impartial there . Now lets say the official figure was 1000 but journalists "estimated" that 360 was the figure closer to the mark . Wont wash , i thought not . Both would be estimations right but you would only choose to believe one of them . The one that fits your agenda . Twisting numbers to suit just wont sit with me . 100 percent of people who die of a heart attack wont die of cancer , go have a big mack . There is your numbers game for you .

You come into this thread that features a video showing police officers murdering an american civilian. Committing a capital offense on camera. And you straight away defend their actions and say "but think about all the people they save"!!!
Then you go on to accuse me of being the one who has an agenda. This is laughable at best, and a pathetic attempt to deflect from the real issue at hand.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

you straight away defend their actions and say

Please feel free to paste where i defended their actions . I called the man stupid for running but no where have i said the police were blameless . I eagerly await your reply .

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Very well versed in the for profit issues, they need to justify thier presence and supplement that salary fund.

Oh, this is much bigger than that my friend...
The states attorney office here in Florida is boasting that they generated $30 billion in state revenue. Just this one program seized over $4billion in assets/year:

www.wtsp.com...
But according to the Department of Justice, one program helped law enforcement agencies seize $4.2 billion in property in 2012, with Florida one of the top states in the nation.

We're talking BIG bucks here, not just paying the police salaries.
The state has even admitted so much when they instituted “collections courts”, AKA debtors prisons:
www.tampabay.com...

But with the Florida Legislature looking for revenue to fund the courts and other state services, judges are under pressure to wring every available penny out of those who owe.
The nonpayment problem is only likely to worsen. In Tallahassee, lawmakers are debating raising court fees and fines even further to raise general revenue for the state. Meanwhile, the state's rising unemployment rate will make it tougher for Floridians with a criminal record to find a decent job. Do we really want our jails filled with people whose only "crime" is that they are poor?

...And other states are calling on Florida to teach them how to enact similar laws and courts.
As a matter of fact, the DOJ report on Ferguson stated that this is the same thing that their city had been engaged in, and caused the city manager to step down from office.
nymag.com...

Ferguson, Missouri, officials announced Wednesday night that City Manager John Shaw is resigning in response to last week's Justice Department report, which found that the city unfairly targeted black residents in an effort to raise money from fines for low-level municipal offenses.

You'll find that this is the underlying root cause of almost all of what is going on with law enforcement today, its why they no longer “protect and serve”, their job now is to “enforce laws”(AKA generate income).
edit on 4/12/2015 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That post punched me in the gut withdwith disgust.

Eta: not disgust at the poster but the truth in the post.

As an African and Canadian I plan to avoid the U.S. for awhile its just vile atm.

Honestly cant believe cops behave like that and treat anyone like that, doesnt matter wether they are black blue or green. They need to take guns away from cops and just make severe penalties for injuring or attacking an officer maybe even death so the cops dont get shot and can start being "peace" officers again.

Eta: Its scary when cops are so scared of civilians they act this way
edit on 12-4-2015 by birhan because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2015 by birhan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressingA criminal thug running from you, who is non productive to this society, why the heck should you care about him wining? Criminals need to be ridden of this Earth. He is lucky that is all the cop said/did. If you cannot obey the laws of our society, be gone. Political correctness coddles criminals. We do not need them on this planet. So don't get mad if a cop cusses at him.

ID

Cops are not the judges that decide punishment. They are not the jury that determines guilt. And they are not the executioners that deliever punishment.

Their function is to get people to trial. They are killing suspected criminals before that person ever gets their day in court. It is a clear violation of our legal system and our constitution.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I'm glad I live in England. You guys don't have police. You have psychopaths looking for prey.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: birhan

Eta: Its scary when cops are so scared of civilians they act this way

I don't think they are scared. There are two types of people that take jobs which give them powers over the general public. The people who want to make a difference, and the people who want to use that position to prey on other people.

I think these cops willfully commit these crimes because they know they can get away with it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: birhan

I'm not even sure the race of the guy killed.. but defcons post made me think African safari.
The police are out of control a great deal too often and it seems like they do indeed target certain groups. We are a little better off in Canada..lets hope it doesn't get out of hand here. My mothers husband is from Sudan and he has no problems living here.
edit on 12-4-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join