It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer is female?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

Youra bigot please refrain from spewing that kind of ignorance. You just proposed the mass murder of babies you phsycho all over the fact of me presenting you the truth of the origin of lucifers energy

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

She was created by him and not inferior but young and prideful

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
you all realize you are assigning a gender to a mythical being...if anyone hears a person doing this, ignore them, they are delusional, and should not be given any credibility...how about we call all southern Baptists devil worshippers, and not fit to be around our children....maybe this religious intolerance might sink in....but, don't count on it.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Dude it's simple Lucifer is the morning star Venus which is regarded as a female energy has nothing to do with gender just truth read the bible

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

Well since men came to power all we have had is war, after war, after war.

Deny it.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The biblical reference actually relates to a Babylonian King and their usage of the prefix Nebo in the name, were Nebo was the God associated with the planet Mercury, so nothing to do with Venus, Mercury is equally capable of being seen as a Morning star, ie rising shortly before the sun.

In terms of how the archetype developed in the popular imagination it can be seen this invariably relates to negative aspects of the Planet Mercury, constant communication but only of false or misleading information, the entering into of contracts and transactions detrimental to those concerned.

An example would be stating that Lucifer was the Planet Venus....

There has however been something of a tradition in American Freemasonry to identify Lucifer as Female in terms of Virgo Lucifera as outlined by Manly Hall in his evaluation of the Alchemical Wedding

Virgo Lucifera, robed in black velvet and accompanied by her virgins, then led the guests out into the courtyard where stood six coffins, each with eight pallbearers. C.R.C. was the only one of the group of "artists" who suspected the royal bodies were no longer in these coffins. The coffins were lowered into graves and great stones rolled over them. The Virgo Lucifera then made a short oration in which she exhorted each to assist in restoring the royal persons to life

So continued references to Virgo Lucifera there, and given her connection in the narrative to gate-keepers i would expect the Female Lucifer in the Ninth Gate to be derivative of that tradition, as Virgo her light is the flaming torch of Spica, burning to ashes those unworthy of her purity...but that's just an American thing...see statue of Liberty.
edit on Kpm43099vAmerica/ChicagoFriday1030 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Why does Venus have a female energy? Who said it does? Did God say it? Venus ONLY has a female connotation because the Romans named it after their goddess of love. So, you're mixing two religions here. God never said Venus was female. The Romans did. But because the Romans said it, it makes Lucifer a female?

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Ah, yes! Makes perfect sense! I knew it was in relation to the Babylonian King, but did not see beyond the constant reference to Venus as the Morning Star. Thank you, Kantzveldt, for your clear-sightedness.

Mercury plays the role of being its own opposite in its Retrograde form, where it appears to move in opposition, or "backwards," against the heavens. This opposition is related to communication breakdowns and deception, the power of clarity of mind represented by Mercury becomes one of murky frustration, blockages and mishaps.

Very interesting!

- AB

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

So what your saying is mercury is considered the morning star very interesting can it be a reference to both energies combined?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Romans adopted Greek mythology which was adopted from Egyptian mythology which is very similar to hebraic mythology. This only applies if you believe in astrology which as a Hebrew I do no matter how much Christianity tries to deny their astrological roots. Hebrews pride themselves in the astrology studies.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Yes it's true. traditionally Lucifer as the talkative and seductive charmer making deals gone bad by the dawn, and everything in writing!

All the planets of course were understood to have negative aspects and Mercury was no different, and even though the Biblical reference in contextual terms is simply the Jews gloating over the downfall of Babylonian rulers that styled themselves after Nebo, it was still the case that Moses was given as buried upon Mount Nebo, given his association with the scribal tradition and accounting, you didn't write the Pentatauch without the blessings of Nebo.

Any planet could be considered a Morning star when rising shortly before the Sun, most commonly this occurs with Venus and Mercury as planets of inferior orbits generally not very far from the Sun, and indeed very often both can be seen quite close.

when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy...
edit on Kpm43099vAmerica/ChicagoFriday1030 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
No she isn't a female.

Correct. Angels aren't like us at all. They're inter- dimensional beings without gender. Angels in heaven don't have a need for sex.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Okeyd57

This is the last time I say it it's not about sex it is about energies. Yhwh made us and everything on earth after what he saw in the heavenly dimension.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Corrupted Gnostic mythology regarding the character Sophia. Also, the sourced article is just terrible.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is old news. Tolkien integrated the myth in the Silmarillion regarding the creation of the Dwarf's.

Essentially, Sophia wanted to create something without Jehovah's knowledge (the story does not imply malice, but naievete), this became Yahweh, the Demiurge. Yahweh created the physical world, Jehovah (the god of light) discovered what Sophia had done and sent her to to the garden to entice Adam / Eve (people, who cares, its a stupid story) to eat from the Tree of Knowledge (essentially giving them a soul, which they apparently lacked, as they were created by a creature that was created without the light of Jehovah).

So, not really the Devil / Lucifer.

That's not all of it, and after reading it back, I gave a really bad description of the story. Whatever, look it up and read it yourself.

edit on 10-4-2015 by sstech because: Because I Can't Spell.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

If Yhwh or God made everything, why would he cling to the Roman/Greek/Gnostic/whatever idea that Venus is a female energy? Venus is a freaking hot, dense, inhospitable planet with a toxic atmosphere that RAINS FREAKING ACID. There is nothing "female" about Venus but what the ancient cultures placed upon it. Why would a God assign a gender "energy" to a planet in the first place? What purpose would it serve? Face it, the only reason you have to connect "female" with "satan" is the Venus analogy, and that analogy is flawed because the "energy" you associate with Venus was created by MAN, not by God.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Astrology is a BIG part of the bible. And why trust the significance of the bible it is also only important because of ancient MAN made it important. I like to think the ancestors of old knew what they were talking about when it ccame to this kind of stuff.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So you admit that the "energy" of femininity associated with Venus is a purely man made concept, yet still claim Lucifer is female because of MAN's association of Lucifer to Venus, and MAN's assertion that Venus is a "female" planet.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Lucifer was a fallen angel...... didn't he lead a group of 200 fallen angels who came to Earth and lusted after women and procreated with women? (Book of Enoch)

How do you explain Lucifer was a female then?
~scratches head~

edit on 10-4-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Living like an animal is living for your ego and lower self when you have the potential to be divine no thanks. We are already acting like animals raping murder and greed are rampant. Your proposing the "do what thou wilt" philosophy which is wrong. The scratching of every base pleasure which is hedonism. If you think humans are meant to be lawless that's on you. I like divine order and law and stability I'm sorry but if everyone decid ed to act for only their base instincts the world would be in more chaos than it already is.

If you actually read what I wrote, you would have seen my "not that I subscribe to all that" comment. But regardless of your response ignoring my actual statements...I think there is something to say about humans attempting to fight their nature and pretend to be something they are not. No...I don't want anarchy or "survival of the strongest", but when a person is constantly fighting against their nature, it is hard to believe it is good for them.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Living like an animal is living for your ego and lower self when you have the potential to be divine no thanks. We are already acting like animals raping murder and greed are rampant. Your proposing the "do what thou wilt" philosophy which is wrong. The scratching of every base pleasure which is hedonism. If you think humans are meant to be lawless that's on you. I like divine order and law and stability I'm sorry but if everyone decid ed to act for only their base instincts the world would be in more chaos than it already is.

Oh...one more thing. So is a bird divine being what it is? Or would you prefer it not eat worms, not kick a bad egg out of the nest and start chirping prayers? You may consider humans "better" than every other living thing on Earth...but I do not. The Earth is a paradise without humans. With humans...it is something less. But I can understand that you do not agree...you are probably in the majority. I just don't believe that peace and utopia can be possible when you are ruled and forced to do things that go against your nature. Whatever your individual nature is.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join