It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent traffic stop in Inkster caught on camera

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Traffic violations are an everyday occurrence for many of us. For 57-year-old Floyd Dent a routine traffic violation lead to a stop that turned violent real quickly.

Viewer discretion advised.

According to police reports, Dent was put in a chokehold and hit 16 times in the head. The second officer struggles to handcuff Dent and a third officer uses a Taser three times on Dent.

The attack is quite brutal and leaves dent bloodied and bruised.

Police said Dent refused to put his hands behind his back. Dent said he thought he was being choked to death and tried to pull the officers’ arms away from his throat. One of the officers said Dent bit him on the arm, and that’s why he started punching Dent. Police said the force was needed to restrain Dent.

Now I cannot speak for anyone else but if I'm being choked and repeatedly punched in the face my natural instincts are to try and protect myself by covering my face and pulling at the arm that's choking me. So it is perfectly reasonable to understand why Dent would appear to refuse placing his hands behind his back. As far as the biting, nowhere in the video does that appear to happen and of course the officer claiming it happened, did not take pictures of any injuries nor did he seek medical treatment for any injuries.

Dent was not armed, but was driving on a suspended license. Police said they found a bag of crack coc aine under the passenger’s seat, but Dent said it was planted.

The following video does not have a youtube equivalent I could find and embed and is from a secondary article pertaining specifically to the planting evidence accusation. Here is the link: Did officer plant evidence?

Back to first article:

One of the officers from the video was with the Detroit Police Department in 2003 and was charged by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for planting evidence and falsifying reports. However, a jury found the officer not guilty.

A judge looked at the video and dismissed multiple charges, saying there was no evidence that Dent was fleeing police, resisting police or that Dent was assaulted by any police officers.

Not sure what the Judge's legal definition of assault might be for this case but choking and punching someone in the face 16 times would most likely produce a felony charge if it were a non protected class of citizen.

Source

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
But, when you're being choked by a cop, you're expected to over come a couple hundred thousand years of instinct and just stand there and take it. Thought everyone knew that.

I'm honestly surprised he survived his little run in. I fully expected one or all of them to unload a full mag on him.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
But, when you're being choked by a cop, you're expected to over come a couple hundred thousand years of instinct and just stand there and take it. Thought everyone knew that.

I'm honestly surprised he survived his little run in. I fully expected one or all of them to unload a full mag on him.

Oh ain't that the truth. Don't know how many times I've heard people make arguments suggesting someone should simply have ignored evolutionary instincts and complied with police orders to avoid being shot and/or beaten. As if it were that simple. They said the same about Eric Garner, like he was supposed to pretend he wasn't being choked and ignore the instinct to get his air supply back.

As well I agree that he is lucky to be alive. The moment he opened the door could have been the fatal mistake that unleashed a flurry of gunfire. So at least in that respect the police showed restraint.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
That was terrible. So was the judge. The guy barely tried to lessen the officers grip. I hope the video goes viral. It doesn't help the situation that 2 white cops beat the crap out of 1 unarmed black man while 2 other white cops stand around and watch. People need to get this under control. It's gone on far too long and is accepted behavior by the cops, the victims, and the judicial system. It really needs to change.

Time for a revolution.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
These savage thugs. Are the biggest f* cowards I ever hear about in life. Always gang beating their victims, planting false drugs to forward an arrest which leads to prison. .. and this non stop pack mentality (what animals use for instinctual survivor mentality) is absolutely pathetic!

2014, I saw enough cop beatings, killings, threats, corruption.

2015, the PEOPLE will stick up for each other and handle corrupted thugs in blue themselves. People need to stop feeling fear a frozen state of mind and biology.

GET PISSED OFF AND BAND TOGETHER TO STOP THIS INSANITY OF ABUSE!

I'm so sick of society and how it's being ran. It's #ing disgusting. .. humanity needs to grow a pair and step up to yhe plate.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
all i gota ask is why the f*** can cops choke someone
not going to say anything really about the vid speaks for its self

but wth there are 100 other ways to submit someone why choke a choke unleashes the worst in people

iv done jiujitsu for over 8 years and i gota say put a new guy ina choke hold and ull find a hellstorm of i will kill you if you dont let go its just what humans do when they think there going to die

so many options why chose the one that forces people to fight back than claim they where ... dosent make since

chokeholds are for fighting to put someone in a choke imo is trying to kill them unless its a prearanged match where you know for a fact they wont kill you anything anything other than is self defence

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I wonder how many incidents like this happen every day that nobody hears about.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Beware of cops that where those silly little black gloves. It's a signal that they are enforcers. ( all the ones that think their badasses wear them as a sign to other cops )
edit on 26-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Milions, all over the world. Yesterday in Poland police crush football suporters in special train. They enter the train, throw the gas and beat everyone, childs, womens, elders.. and it is silence in polish media.

This accident is awful. We see that the black man is calm, policeman are aggresive and provoking...

This accident occurs in Poland during National Independence Day 11.11.2011..

YT link: www.youtube.com...

edit on Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:29:08 -0500America/Chicago082926America/Chicago3312015f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What a bunch of pussy cops....seriously they needed to smack him in the head 16 times,kick him in the arm taze him 3 times all whilst he was in a chokehold and they say they did that for their own protection......what a bunch of lying scumbag bullies with a badge.....they want to behave like that there will come a day when they will need protection...

I am getting the impression police are scared of the people simply because they know there will be backlash one of these days and they just do not know when ..so they simply paint all citizens with one big broad stroke...or is it they just enjoy beating up African Americans ?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
What's scary about this is that if it weren't for the video, this innocent man could have ended up doing serious time for threatening to kill an officer, assaulting an officer, resisting arrest, and drug possession... Just because he rolled through a stop sign.
How many others have had their lives destroyed by these gangsters? How many others are sitting in prison because they rolled through a stop sign?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
6 cops no audio working and they find a baggie of drugs under the seat.

Yeah...BullS#!t..

I am glad they drug tested him where t came back negative.

This is a case that protests are completely valid. Those cops are criminals no one can convince me otherwise.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I live 2 miles and the next city over. Inkster was down to 2 cop cars, Wayne County Sheriff and Michigan State Police supplementing the patrols.

Over there are drug territory wars, a man found shot dead off his bicycle in the street, woman found shot by 3 guys in her home, another woman shot, nude and beat up and thrown in a dumpster by 4 other lowlifes...its bad over there....and thats just a few things.

Some of those "local-boys-Inkster LEO's" got some serious issues trying to keep things straight...don't know who youre drivin by, while at the car wash, store, walking your dog...my city at the end of theirs is well kept-West Side and relatively safe....

Still..my wife..in OUR neighborhood 2 miles over...was held up in my driveway by 2 gunslinger hoodie rat s.o.b.s....and we are getting out....too close to Inkster and all that nonsense.

That's why I carry my 45 everywhere, everyday...those Inkster PD are stressed to the max....no excuse, color don't matter...and they could've just done that to me.....over my way the Dearborn and Dearborn Heights PD along with the State Boys keep our side relatively cool....then why did my wife get mugged??????

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Why is it that in a lot of these situations where the police are patrolling neighborhoods, towns and cities that are predominately non-white or very mixed the police have two white officers paired up per vehicle or patrol unit. I would think that having mixed ethnicity patrol units would be one way to counter some of what we see happening out there.

If the police want to better their image, they need to start with the integrating their patrol units better.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I fully understand their initial reaction when he opened the door.

After that, it's not impossible to see how things could escalate like they did, but I fail to see how this was the only or best course of action in this case. They probably could have handled it much more calmly than they did.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The good cops need to root these types of dirtbags out and get rid of them from their departments asap.

Because if this violent hooligan behaviour by the Police no less is allowed to continue unabated, people will start to actively target the Police for assassination en-masse.

The good cops will unfortunately become targets just as much as the filth like these gits will be sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Now that is messed up and those officers should be held very accountable. No reason for that BS.

ID

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Beware of cops

There.....I fixed your response for ya.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Do you actually know what the black gloves are? They're Kevlar with powdered metal on the knuckles. It makes the punch more effective and less dangerous to the hand. Take a look at the videos nine times out of 10 you find the one doing the punching has the black tactical gloves on.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I know and understand. I still think you're better off following my advise than yours.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join