It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi wages ‘Decisive Storm’ to save Yemen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
So apparently something big is going on and there's not much news coverage on it...

Saudi Arabia waged early Thursday “Operation Decisive Storm” against the Houthi coup in Yemen and in support of legitimate President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.

A Saudi air campaign was launched overnight which has already resulted in the elimination of several Houthi leaders.

Yemen air space is currently under full control of the Saudi Royal Air Force.

As the operation continues, a coalition of all GCC countries, barring Oman, is taking part in the campaign, including Sudan, Egypt, Morocco, Jordan and Pakistan.

Saudi Arabia has deployed 100 fighter jets, 150,000 soldiers and other navy units, Al Arabiya News Channel reported.
Al Arabiya

This has the potential to escalate further, it's not only about saving Yemen from losing their country to extremists (Yemen's president fled from Yemen and his whereabouts is unknown), but it's that Shia vs Sunni conflict which might escalate, with the coalition's claiming that Iran is behind the Houthi coup.

So many Arab countries are involved militarily in this operation, honestly I haven't seen them gathering like that even against Israel.

The Middle East is on fire.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Good, I always wonered why Saudi Arabia bought weapons.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye
I heard that oil futures prices shot up immediately.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Now Iran is filthy about the invasion. www.presstv.com...
The middle East is spirlling out of control fast.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Look what America has done, made war cool.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Iran Foreign Ministry: airstrikes in Yemen a 'dangerous step' that will worsen crisis - @AP

Iranian state media calls military operation by Saudi Arabia and its Gulf Arab allies in Yemen a 'US-backed aggression' - @AFP

Iran wants an immediate halt to all military actions and air strikes in Yemen - FARS news agency via @Reuters

No plans to evacuate Russians from Yemen, including Russian embassy employees, embassy says - Interfax

These are all breaking updates, so many potential hot buttons involved with this.

Also, oil futures up 9%
edit on 26-3-2015 by msallo because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2015 by msallo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

Look what America has done, made war cool.

They did in that Vietnam with the Huey, the GI helmet mounted fag packet and some fookin great movies.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: msallo

Thanks for the updates, it seems like Iran has a real interest in Yemen falling into the hands of the Houthi coup.

Saudi Arabia already have ISIS on their northern borders, i'm sure they don't want another terrorist organization sitting in their backyard, supported by Iran and financed by the nation's wealth they have ceased from occupying the country.

Just when you thought the Middle East can't get any crazier than this...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The U.S are also involved to an extent. Apparently they are providing logistical and intelligence support.

I guess this could bring about an end to any discussions they have had with Iran.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 26/3/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

No seems to argue against the fact that the rebels in Yemen are Iranian backed.

Yet Obama is so fixated on an agreement with iran that he abandons Israel and Largely ignores Iranian activity in the region.

What a mess.....

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

The Saudis are probably one of ISIS biggest supporters. Large portions of ISIS funding comes from Saudi Arabia, and they are a well known state sponsor of terrorism. There is no lesser of two evils when it comes to the Saudi's and the Iranians. Just sectarian fanaticism and 2 states jockeying for power over the muslim world.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Once again, the US are supporting the Salafists (Saudi) to help crush a Shia revolt.

This hypocrisy knows no limit. I thought the US were against Salafist terrorism. We all know it's a joke since the US are best pals with the Saudis.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Wow this could be the spark that really sets the middle east on fire.
I dont know how the rebels can defend against various air forces, I doubt the rebels have any kind of air defencive capabilities to stop bombing air planes.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Huh, so Saudi is helping Al Qaeda & Ansar Al-Sharia..... huh man that is weird, America's closest ally in the middle east is assisting the group we created a "War on Terror" for, uh oh cognitive dissonance is kicking in!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amThursday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Huh, so Saudi is helping Al Qaeda & Ansar Al-Sharia..... huh man that is weird, America's closest ally in the middle east is assisting the group we created a "War on Terror" for, uh oh cognitive dissonance is kicking in!

While unofficially allied with Iran against ISIS, If I were president I get the hell out of there, let them duke it out,we had our uncivil war,let them have theirs ,but that's only if I were president.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I believe that the correct statement would be Saudi Arabia is unofficially aligned with ISIS against Iran!

Saudi has been building ISIS since at least the beginning of the Syrian "civil" war, with assistance from Mossad and the CIA... at least this to me appears to be the most logical explanation as to where ISIS came from and how they have as much funding as they have, oh you may as well add to the weapons they got out of Libya, up until the whole Benghazi scandal!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amThursday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

This is WWIII taking place....

not sure who will be getting involved next... could be Russia or China as they have links in the ME.

Hopefully not unless they go in on our side.

I have to admit that these ISIS groups and other allies of ISIS have surprised me to survive so long already.

if they are still around by the end of this year, I think we are looking at a long War.
edit on CDTThu, 26 Mar 2015 06:31:23 -0500u3106x123x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: Correcting Spelling Mistakes

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

There is no doubt in my mind that we are witnessing the beginnings of WWIII. Things will only get exponentially worse from here.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

So do that mean we have to go back to duck and cover drills like our parents or grand parents,when Russia joins in.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

There is no doubt in my mind that we are witnessing the beginnings of WWIII. Things will only get exponentially worse from here.

Its a sad state of affairs really.

Because I am just getting started Carrer-wise for starters and we have come a long way in terms of Technology (Too much in the cities I might add) & Science.

I really hope it doesn't escalate too much further but they do say 'History repeats itself' and its been just over 100 years since WWI
edit on CDTThu, 26 Mar 2015 06:35:47 -0500u3106x147x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: Correcting Spelling Mistakes

top topics

<<   2 >>

join