It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ill worker begins two-week voyage from Antarctica to Australian hospital...WTF?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: Vasa Croe

"Yes, well aware of doctor patient privilege laws. As far as I have seen, the reporters, etc...are not his doctor. Even in other cases of evac's from areas like this, there is some mention of what happened. "

Even if it's not a "doctor - patient" issue, people are still entitled to medical privacy, so it's not okay if a reporter releases medical info that the patient might not want revealed, for whatever reason.

May not be OK, but it is also not unheard of. I don't think reporters are not bound by any type of privilege....would just be a courtesy, or have to be ordered by some authority not to report it.

Thing is, they are keeping the person's name under wraps as well. If they are keeping that silent, then what would it matter if anyone knew what the "ailment" was?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: KAOStheory
"Highly skilled tradesman_" conjures an image of a guy in a bearskin with some wampum and silver coins.
It's 2015, what does this mean? He works on Wall Street or what?! Weird.

"Mammoth effort" is a hint that he was attacked by a wooly mammoth lol.

LOL....I see....they are dropping cryptic hints into the story....nice touch.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Seems the real story here is the fact that the icebreaker had to turn back for the emergency call after it was already on its way.

But hey - play it.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Oh screw it, if things have gotten to the stage where these sorts of possibilities are being bandied about, let's go hardcore!

Perhaps he is a modern day example of someone you would refer to in passing as "Top men"?

Perhaps, now that he is no longer "working on it" another of the "top men" will have to be ferried in!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Oh screw it, if things have gotten to the stage where these sorts of possibilities are being bandied about, let's go hardcore!

Perhaps he is a modern day example of someone you would refer to in passing as "Top men"?

Perhaps, now that he is no longer "working on it" another of the "top men" will have to be ferried in!

Well that clip makes it sound a bit more sexual in nature....

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Well....

That's not what I was going for!

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Why wouldn't they just fly him back in a sea plane or helicopter? Quicker and cheaper I would think.

The distance Davis station to Hobart is 4838 km (3000 miles)

Maybe too far for a heli,? But a sea plane should make it?

What sea plane?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: caterpillage
Why wouldn't they just fly him back in a sea plane or helicopter? Quicker and cheaper I would think.

The distance Davis station to Hobart is 4838 km (3000 miles)

Maybe too far for a heli,? But a sea plane should make it?

What sea plane?

Can't access it right now but there is an ice landing plane that goes there, and the have been evacs done by plane before as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
2 weeks by boat, eh? That right there tells me it's not acutely life-threatening to him or others to go the slower route. If it was something highly contagious or imminently life-threatening, they'd probably have arranged for a Herc (C-130) to shuttle him more quickly. My bet is something already chronic/ongoing for the guy that took a degradation turn. Heart issues that became worse, chronic asthma that just couldn't be handled in the environment, etc.

And geez, if you're going to get your knickers in a twist over some random researcher's health problems, let me sign up. I have naturally very high BP, I could have a heart attack or stroke in Antarctica, and give the media (and thus you all) the finger while watching you squirm over the possibilities. Sounds like fun, for me (heart attack or stroke aside)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

just has me really wondering why the secrecy over this.

Yes, it's so very secret that there's a story on a major news website about it. Don't you think if this was really something they wanted to keep secret you wouldn't be reading this story?

They're not mentioning his illness or his name, that's it. There are a million things that could have happened. Perhaps they're not releasing his name or condition because they need to make his family aware of it first?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish

just has me really wondering why the secrecy over this.

Yes, it's so very secret that there's a story on a major news website about it. Don't you think if this was really something they wanted to keep secret you wouldn't be reading this story?

They're not mentioning his illness or his name, that's it. There are a million things that could have happened. Perhaps they're not releasing his name or condition because they need to make his family aware of it first?

It's called CYA...get ahead of the story before one comes out. When something happens and you want to take no liability for it you release a statement so later on you can say you did not try to completely cover it up. Strange thing about conspiracy sites....they tend to have conspiracy theories on them....

And yes, likely they did notify the family during the 5 days he waited for the transport ship to get back, refuel and leave again...odd thing, the have communications in the antarctic....that or they just sent smoke signals to the boat to tell it to come back and had reporters on scene....

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You need to expand your thought process. Just because they had 5 days and communications does not mean they were able to contact his family.

I'm sure they would do this for anyone that they had out there. I imagine it's a pretty tight knit group of people and if one of them needs a hospital, they'll do whatever they can to get them there.

I'm sure this is just a matter of privacy for the individual. Why in the world do you need to know who this person is and what their medical condition is? It's none of your business, it's not your money being spent.

Perhaps the patient requested this information not be put out there. Perhaps this patient fell ill due to an STD and is embarrassed about it, or a million other things that are embarrassing, medical condition or no.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You need to expand your thought process. Just because they had 5 days and communications does not mean they were able to contact his family.

I'm sure they would do this for anyone that they had out there. I imagine it's a pretty tight knit group of people and if one of them needs a hospital, they'll do whatever they can to get them there.

I'm sure this is just a matter of privacy for the individual. Why in the world do you need to know who this person is and what their medical condition is? It's none of your business, it's not your money being spent.

Perhaps the patient requested this information not be put out there. Perhaps this patient fell ill due to an STD and is embarrassed about it, or a million other things that are embarrassing, medical condition or no.

Thanks for the advice....let me know when you found out the sick person actually has any family as well....

And typically they do release the name or the ailment of the individual. All researchers are listed on their site, though I couldn't tell you if this particular one is listed since they are holding it back.

Maybe do some research to expand your own mind and you'd find all the names under the latest expedition on the Australian research site for Davis Station.

so, if the guy is listed then his name is already out there, if he is not, then why not? What type of research is going on that can't be shown?

Like I said....shocking that conspiracy theories are on a conspiracy site right?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yes, his name is quite probably already out there on the very website you mentioned. And yet, you still have no idea who this person is, weird huh? So, I guess it's not already out there who this person is and what the condition is.

I guess I just have more respect for ones privacy than you do.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yes, his name is quite probably already out there on the very website you mentioned. And yet, you still have no idea who this person is, weird huh? So, I guess it's not already out there who this person is and what the condition is.

I guess I just have more respect for ones privacy than you do.

And my problem is not with privacy. I don't really care about who he is. What I have found interesting is the lack of any information. They won't list a name, the condition, and the strangest part is that they only say he is a top man in his field....won't even list a field of study.

Like I said...secrecy is odd in this case.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

And my problem is not with privacy. I don't really care about who he is. What I have found interesting is the lack of any information. They won't list a name, the condition, and the strangest part is that they only say he is a top man in his field....won't even list a field of study.

Like I said...secrecy is odd in this case.

Makes me wonder if they're possibly a frequenter of CT sites. Like I said, I'd go that no-info route just to F with people -- specifically CTers & Paranoid Patties. No offense meant, but it would be an absolute riot. Me : Do & say nothing publicly. CTs/Paranoids: Have a cow. Me: LMAO in treatment. Entertainment secured thanks to nosy people.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What if the patient/ tradesman is not human.
No really good pics of the front or head?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kuhl

Now, its important that we understand one another around here a little bit, so forgive me the following question...

Are you positing that the patient is a non-human member of the workforce at the Antarctic base, or are you suggesting that there is no patient as such, but that the occupant of the stretcher in the photographs and video available on this subject, was somehow discovered out in the icy expanse?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe The guy may have been their best Aircon mechanic????

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi Maybe he has the black oil eyes like Kricek on the x-files.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join