It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ill worker begins two-week voyage from Antarctica to Australian hospital...WTF?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Why is it "odd"?

Is it SOP to release those things to the world?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Whatever it is, it doesn't look contagious as the people assisting him were not wearing any protective clothing. It does make you wonder what's exactly wrong with him though.

Not necessarily. It could be they think it's mild, but they don't quite know what he has just yet and may find later it's something serious and he's since infected others. You never know. The article hasn't quite given much detail as to the "what" he has, just that he was "ill".

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
He has probably just broken a bone or had a stroke that prevents him from staying there to recover and requires hospital treatment which cannot be given on Antartica.

Doesn't seem particularly exciting to me, really.

Or one of these could be attached to his face..

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Admittedly, that is a possibility, however remote!

I do doubt it though

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Anyone know what the box the guy in front is carrying? It appears to be hooked up to the patient, so I am guessing it is some type of vitals monitor?

Definitely a heart monitor/defibrillator. Looks like a Lifepack 12 to me. Also it isn't hooked up. Probably due to the fact it's just easier to transport.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Why is it "odd"?

Is it SOP to release those things to the world?

Odd, as in it piqued my interest that this story is even out there yet they don't mention anything about conditions and the unusually expensive ordeal that was had in order to get him/her out. They have a decent medical facility at the station with operating rooms, pharmacy, etc....

I have no idea what SOP is for Davis Station or Australian government for that matter.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

In the US we have laws that regulate what can be said about a patient.....Maybe it is that simple. But I am sure some crazy disease trapped in the ice is more probable.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

In the US we have laws that regulate what can be said about a patient.....Maybe it is that simple. But I am sure some crazy disease trapped in the ice is more probable.

Yes, well aware of doctor patient privilege laws. As far as I have seen, the reporters, etc...are not his doctor. Even in other cases of evac's from areas like this, there is some mention of what happened. Maybe they will release it later, and no, I don't think it was some crazy disease trapped in the ice...not sure where you got that from.

I am simply saying that the extraordinary measures this particular group took to get this person evacuated are just that.....extraordinary and very costly, even postponing another expedition because of the time this one will take to get the person back to Australia.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Mr Hunt said the man was observing glaciers and sea conditions when he became ill.

Sounds like he found something in a glacier that made him ill?

Highly skilled eh?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It is also not unprecedented for them to release patient/injury info, nor have the patient flown out by plane.....

Source

The United States Antarctic Program has assisted in the evacuation from Antarctica of injured Australian expeditioner Dwayne Rooke of Devonport, Tasmania.

An LC-130 Hercules military aircraft, assigned to the 13th Air Expeditionary Group, landed on a temporary runway that had been prepared at Australia's Davis station. The sea-ice runway, which is 3000 metres long on ice 1.8 metres thick, was prepared by station personnel over the past week.

Mr Rooke was evacuated in a 10-hour flight to hospital in Hobart, Tasmania. A combined US and Australian medical team was on board to assist in the evacuation. Mr Rooke's condition is described as serious but stable.

Mr Rooke suffered multiple fractures when he came off a quad bike on Monday 20 October while on a field trip at Trajer Ridge, around 25 kilometres from Davis station where he had spent almost the past 12 months as the station's chef.

So why not fly a plane in again? If his condition is that serious, they take a boat that takes days to get there, a weekend to refuel, and two weeks to return to a real medical facility.....a plane took 10 hours.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I too am puzzled. Even the Dr that diagnosed herself with breast cancer was not evacuated from the site. She preformed her own biopsy and I think they sent in equipment for her to begin treatment until she could leave. I agree, that they are moving a bunch of pieces to save someone. It also seems strange that they would report on the incident but not who or why. I look forward to seeing if anything else is released.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Thing about tradespeople is that if they cannot work anymore the job stalls and stops unless you replace them. The ship grabs him, goes back to homeland, drops him off to get better, grabs the next guy in line and goes back to drop him or her off to complete the job. It's not fishy at all.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Kind of wondering if the reason for not listing his ailment or name is because he is not actually listed as one of the expeditioners that is currently there.

Conspiracy hat on: was her there under the radar, researching something that is not supposed to be known they are researching? Would his name possibly give away the particular field of study and raise questions as to why he was there?

My guess is that there is nothing to this, but my conspiracy hat has me wondering about all the secrecy and the effort that went into this rescue.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Martin75

Thing about tradespeople is that if they cannot work anymore the job stalls and stops unless you replace them. The ship grabs him, goes back to homeland, drops him off to get better, grabs the next guy in line and goes back to drop him or her off to complete the job. It's not fishy at all.

If it can't be complete without him, I would think they would be flying someone in. If the round trip would take a month, that is a while to put off research on something and continue to pay all the others there waiting on replacement.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's the alien oil virus from the xfiles ;P

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's really time for the U.S government to come clean. According to wiki, up to 5% of Americans have admitted to being abducted. Either we have to assume that there are a lot of crazy people in the U.S, or there is really something to this.
How come you don't hear any of this from other countries(if you do hear of an abduction in other countries, it's
probably by the "rogue Nordics")?

Also, does anyone remember that story about women being pregnant without having sex? The reason I'm mentioning this is because the Greys have the technology to erase your memory(but it's not perfect which is why most people can recall bits and pieces of an abduction). If you add the two stories together, you can kind of get an idea what happened. You can say that the U.S government has literally sold its soul to the devil.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: np6888
It's really time for the U.S government to come clean. According to wiki, up to 5% of Americans have admitted to being abducted. Either we have to assume that there are a lot of crazy people in the U.S, or there is really something to this.
How come you don't hear any of this from other countries(if you do hear of an abduction in other countries, it's
probably by the "rogue Nordics")?

Also, does anyone remember that story about women being pregnant without having sex? The reason I'm mentioning this is because the Greys have the technology to erase your memory(but it's not perfect which is why most people can recall bits and pieces of an abduction). If you add the two stories together, you can kind of get an idea what happened. You can say that the U.S government has literally sold its soul to the devil.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

just a trailer.. But think about what kind of bacteria or viruses could be hiding there in ice...

Vasa I might have got it from this post........And yes I know this is ATS we love wild speculation myself included. Sorry if it seemed pointed at you.
edit on 23-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

"Yes, well aware of doctor patient privilege laws. As far as I have seen, the reporters, etc...are not his doctor. Even in other cases of evac's from areas like this, there is some mention of what happened. "

Even if it's not a "doctor - patient" issue, people are still entitled to medical privacy, so it's not okay if a reporter releases medical info that the patient might not want revealed, for whatever reason.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
"Highly skilled tradesman_" conjures an image of a guy in a bearskin with some wampum and silver coins.
It's 2015, what does this mean? He works on Wall Street or what?! Weird.

"Mammoth effort" is a hint that he was attacked by a wooly mammoth lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join