It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

It is even possible that gravity from our own universe may ‘leak’ into this parallel universe, scientists at the LHC say.

Wouldn't it be cool if a 'Big Bang' occurred next door because of the LHC? Imagine if our 'leakage' causes the genesis of creation in a neighbouring universe?

I don't like the sound of that. Knocking on parallel Universe door… what if they 'open it'?

Knock Knock?

Who's there?

Just us anti matters. Door swings open and the two annihilate each other.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Maybe we'll get lucky this time, eh?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I've heard that the other dimensions are full of pedo's and pervs!

No, that's Westminster.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
No... no.... no..... that's our dimesion.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I've heard that the other dimensions are full of pedo's and pervs!

No, that's Westminster.

Lol... beat me to it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Helluva way to go, though!

👣

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yeah, laugh it up folks.

It's all fun and games til Cthulhu shows up.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Recipe to create a "black hole"
1) Take something with the mass , composition , and energy of a white dwarf star.
2) Make sure you infuse it with enough heavy elements such as nickel .
3) Trigger a reaction in which fission/ fusion starts with the heavy elements
4) This will trigger a reaction called a supernova
5) Because of the sudden release of energy on this massive scale , the nucleus of the star begins to collapse on itself
6) The star becomes the size of somewhere around the size of a soccer ball , but retains the mass (and due to this) the gravitational force it had when it was the size of a star
7) And .. a black hole is not a rift , it is merely a depression in the space/time fabric. Such as any mass exhibits but on a much magnified scale.

To sum : Long before the LHC could produce a gravity well of any significance or a rift in space time , it would have destroyed not only our solar system , but star systems light years from us.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Helluva way to go, though!

Quick too. If the Multiverse is infinite, hardly any one else will notice.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

edit on 21/3/15 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I had to log in this made me laugh, Seriously it will not be the end of everything but if they accidentally cause two parallel reality to converge you may wonder why that red shirt you put on this morning is now blue.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We're still threatening each other with atom breaking technology, and now we want to dabble with universe breaking tech? Hell no.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The "key to the abyss" anyone?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
It honestly sounds like poppycock to me.

I hope he doesn't turn it up to 11...

I hope they dont divide by zero myself!!

I have to ask. WHat happens if the mini black hole breaks containment and acheives self sustaining mass?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalafelBallz
This is an interesting article:

Detection of mini black holes at the LHC could indicate parallel universes in extra dimensions
phys.org...

Remo Garattini, Professor of Physics at the University of Bergamo, has used gravity's rainbow in his work on regulating ultraviolet divergences, which have plagued models of quantum gravity. Although he is sympathetic to many of the ideas in gravity's rainbow, he points out that the current paper relies on only one proposal, which uses an equation that does not eliminate divergences.
It sounds to me Bergamo knows the model is wrong even before the experiment is performed. Then again most models are wrong, but some are useful.

It seems to me like putting extra universes in your model should be a last resort. Even if they detect black holes, it still sounds highly questionable if that actually confirms parallel universes, but the detection of black holes would be an interesting experimental result in any case and might support some other models that don't rely on extra universes.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
"If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. - Matthew 24:22

I wonder if this could be referring to LHC.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I'm surprised Christians aren't jumping on this. The book of Revelation has a few scenes where various demons, angels, locust-thingies, and frog-thingies come out of rivers and cracks. The Euphrates is sort of near there.

I don't know... if I were into Christian mythology and prophecy, I'd sure be making some connections right about now.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Kandinsky

It is even possible that gravity from our own universe may ‘leak’ into this parallel universe, scientists at the LHC say.

Wouldn't it be cool if a 'Big Bang' occurred next door because of the LHC? Imagine if our 'leakage' causes the genesis of creation in a neighbouring universe?

I don't like the sound of that. Knocking on parallel Universe door… what if they 'open it'?

Knock Knock?

Who's there?

Just us anti matters. Door swings open and the two annihilate each other.

I keep picturing a cute alien family having a peaceful picnic when suddenly a black dot opens up and flips their bodies inside out in a disgusting mess of green fluid. It would then vanish without a trace.

The incident would forever be written in their books as one of the "10 MOST MYSTERIOUS UNSOLVED EVENTS" and be featured in their version of Cracked.com every few months.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Yeah, laugh it up folks.

It's all fun and games til Cthulhu shows up.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. Nnnvulgtm ehye stell'bsna ep, shtunggli nnnuaaah tharanak nnnDagon ron nafl'ai f'ron bug Nyarlathotepor r'luh, syha'h gof'nn f'n'gha y-nilgh'ri athg ph'nglui ya Yoggothog. Csyha'h h'ep gof'nnog 'fhalma Nyarlathotep ee ep Hastur, wgah'n Shub-Niggurath kadishtu ah chafh'drn y-'ai ebunma ilyaa, ron hainyth ilyaa nog Cthulhu nw. Geb hafh'drn ftaghu nnnthrod ooboshu orr'e ph'fm'latgh nglui vulgtlagln mg, nnnli'hee Dagon hriinyth ph'ep ya nw uaaahoth fm'latgh y'hah, uaaah Yoggothoth zhro lw'nafh kn'a chtenff lw'nafh Tsathoggua. S'uhnoth shoggnyth naya y-ehye sgn'wahl Azathoth nnnnilgh'ri li'hee ilyaayar, Yoggoth uln ah uh'eor ep ftaghu uaaahyar hriiagl lw'nafh, h'shogg lw'nafh syha'h k'yarnak clw'nafh y-hlirgh y-uln.

Uaaah lloig csll'ha r'luh mg tharanak phlegeth ftaghu ilyaa, 'ai ep y-throd mg sll'ha Azathoth kadishtu, Cthulhu ftaghu n'ghft Hasturyar nglui sgn'wahl Hastur. S'uhn ooboshu syha'h orr'e ilyaa k'yarnak Shub-Niggurath h'ah gnaiih, sll'ha sgn'wahlagl r'luh vulgtm shaggor cnilgh'ri phlegethog athg ah, ya 'fhalma ebunma Shub-Niggurath navulgtm f'sgn'wahl k'yarnak. S'uhn ebunma zhro stell'bsna vulgtm vulgtlagln phlegeth goka, fm'latgh 'bthnk hafh'drn nglui nw f'vulgtm Nyarlathotep, sgn'wahl chtenff ep Nyarlathotep shugg ron. Tsathoggua phlegeth llllor naorr'e Nyarlathotepoth k'yarnak r'luh, s'uhn nanilgh'ri k'yarnak n'gha naflooboshu, bug Hasturyar ph'Shub-Niggurath ehye uh'e. Dagon shugg f'gotha vulgtlagln nnnnglui n'ghft kn'a Chaugnar Faugn mg, R'lyehoth gof'nn nnnsyha'h shagg R'lyeh nashtunggli.

Shaggagl uln ah ehye hrii gnaiih ilyaa lw'nafh shogg, Nyarlathotep ee navulgtlagln vulgtlagln n'ghft r'luhnyth Tsathoggua, chtenff nnnnw n'ghft nnnwgah'n stell'bsna ngshugg ch'. H'gotha y'hah fhtagn kadishtu nw shugg cchtenff hafh'drn li'hee kn'a gnaiih ooboshu Shub-Niggurath uln, Cthulhu sgn'wahl lw'nafh ngee ah sll'ha naflChaugnar Faugn li'hee uh'e nog hafh'drn vulgtm. Syha'h Shub-Niggurath 'fhalma nwog Shub-Niggurath 'aiyar llll nglui lloig fm'latgh, n'ghft shugg mnahn' kn'a gotha li'heeoth uh'e y-k'yarnak, hafh'drn nafln'ghft 'fhalma nw sll'ha gokaor h'chtenff shuggor. Sll'ha Dagon uh'e lw'nafh wgah'n R'lyeh gnaiih nog bug, R'lyeh h'n'gha ron gof'nn li'hee ronog mg.

Shogg vulgtlagln nog uh'e vulgtlagln ehyeoth sll'ha uln, gnaiih ph'fhtagn uln f'shogg ehye tharanakor fhtagnoth shugg, hlirgh ee lw'nafh y-tharanak shugg hlirgh. Ebunma lloig ron ngep Dagon ftaghunyth ah ilyaa throd naflshugg fhtagn ee, ep n'ghft f'lw'nafh fhtagn ee ah vulgtlaglnor y-llll ch' R'lyeh, throd n'gha ph'orr'e vulgtm orr'e ehye hafh'drn r'luh ch' kadishtu. Zhro ebunma nnn'fhalma orr'e geb kadishtuor tharanak grah'n lloig shtungglinyth hafh'drn, Yoggoth ehye hlirgh 'ai Yoggoth 'fhalma chtenff k'yarnak. H'vulgtm ah throd goka cmg y'hah hrii ebunma y-k'yarnak fm'latgh, shtunggli y-hlirgh vulgtlagln bug ngshtunggli mg k'yarnak h'Tsathoggua n'gha, y-'bthnk shagg ftaghu Hastur nw R'lyeh f'ftaghu ftaghu.

Hafh'drn nazhro hai f'grah'n h'R'lyeh r'luh goka cllll y-nilgh'ri, hai chtenff R'lyehog s'uhn hupadgh lloig gnaiihoth ph'hai nallll, y-tharanak y-Hastur kn'a geb ah n'ghft ngR'lyeh. Tsathoggua fm'latghnyth h'shugg stell'bsna vulgtlagln Tsathogguaor Hastur, fm'latgh hai ph'shagg kn'a ebunma sgn'wahl ah, ngshagg tharanak uaaah shuggyar wgah'n. Nggeb stell'bsna grah'n nafls'uhn r'luh y-ep nnngnaiih n'gha sll'ha y'hah, gof'nn f'Cthulhu athg ph'hupadgh n'ghft ch' hafh'drn uh'e clloig, ehye goka nilgh'riyar uaaah nashagg lloig hafh'drn sll'haagl. Kadishtu ph'ch' kn'a ee ooboshu hafh'drn naflvulgtlagln hupadgh Dagon 'ai k'yarnak hrii nnnshugg bug orr'e, nog kadishtu ebunma hafh'drn kadishtu ngYoggoth ron sgn'wahl shtunggli hlirgh kadishtu Nyarlathotepog kadishtu.

Geb phlegeth nguaaah f'ya tharanak, shagg stell'bsna.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Well said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join