It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Oh , and to my friend to which I had the debate with:
The LHC as a photon collider

I apologize , I should have used links . I guess they are better than my knowledge or my word

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

lies! It was Spock!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If the do create a BLACK HOLE they need to do it over FUKUSHIMA... so it can suck up the 600,000 pounds of radioactive fuel that they cant seem to locate for the past 4 years.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Gordon freeman and Black mesa worked on something similiar?

I always wondered how someone contracted head crab's, hmm beyond me I suppose didn't Gordon have a beard as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Sounds like an awesome sci fi book or movie, but in real life we shouldn't be messing with such things.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

What could possibly go wrong? I tend to want to give the eggheads the benefit of the doubt, but it sounds a bit scary huh? The theory is that the mini black holes would vaporize so... no harm, no foul. It is sort of crazy thinking how utterly cave-man our greatest scientific experiments are. They can be summed up as HULK SMASH and then watching what happens. I guess it is necessary. Someone thought it was and spent a great deal of money on it. I sure am glad they discovered the higgs boson, makes my life a lot better. Well done LHC!

V

Anything and everything could go wrong, don't give them the benefit of the doubt LOL. Best case, we find out something new, worst case, prepare to become little people with 7 billion of us dancing on the surface (it's an expression) of an earth with a Schwarzschild radius of about 7.5 cm's (a 6"diameter black hole). Actually we'd simply be stretched and torn apart on the way down (into) the singularity by the tidal forces.

Hawking had this theory that black holes evaporated LOL, the physics are complex and involves particle pairs separating at the event horizon and the antimatter particle falling into the black hole while the matter particle escapes, thereby reducing the mass every time an antimatter particle is captured by the black hole. He retracted the theory, but he did this while they were building the LHC, oops. Oh well, lot's of front money was sunk in, have to finish the job, right, peeps be 'spectin' results. Anyway the theory as applied to the LHC went that because black holes evaporated (according to Hawking), a single micro singularity that could be created within the LHC would have a lifespan of 10^-22 seconds before it would fully evaporate. So the magnetic containment bubble has a C radius of 10^-17 seconds, a considerably greater time to exit the magnetic bubble than it would allegedly take a micro-singularity to evaporate, if in fact they do evaporate. Nobody has proven this one way or the other. However, there is a higher probability that the wee little "sucker" won't evaporate.

Couple this retracted theory of black hole evaporation with what the LHC can do and their mascot, Shiva, The Destroyer of Worlds and what you got? Maybe nothing, maybe a recipe for gravitic compression on a massive scale? All I know, is that if a black hole of sufficient micro mass escapes, the last word on earth will probably be "ooop.." and that loud sucking sound you'll hear briefly won't be a Hoover vacuum or the IRS coming for your wallet.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
a reply to: johnwick

So that is 600,000,000 mosquitoes in flight...tremendous amount of energy ?
Before the upgrade they were saying the beam dump energy was equivalent to about 300 sticks of dynamite. If they doubled it, that would be 600 sticks of dynamite. That included ALL the protons.

But, the billions of protons will mostly miss each other. They shoot so many of them because collisions are rare. So the black holes, if they form, will also be rare. So there won't be as many "mosquito in flight" energy black holes as there are protons, and actually I don't recall reading in either article what particles they were colliding for the black hole experiment, so I'm not even sure if they are colliding protons or something else for that particular experiment.

edit on 21-3-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

edit on 21-3-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

All I know, is that if a black hole of sufficient micro mass escapes, the last word on earth will probably be "ooop.."

Well... that's just swell. So now i have to worry about black holes. Here we are worried about Monsanto and Building 7 and the whole kit-and-caboodle gets sucked into oblivion. I think i will drink some Tequila tonight.

V

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
Interdimensional beings on THIS side built the collider to open a portal to their own dimension. It was built to allow their army to cross and invade. Oh yes, yes indeedy ! just watch and you'll see ! Better grab a stick, i certainly don't want to face them without a pointy stick or two, do you ?

CROWBARS and BEARDS REQUIRED BEYOND THIS POINT! Gordon Freeman and Chuck Norris

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
DON'T worry , the aliens won't let us blow up their creation lol
They will interven.
edit on 21-3-2015 by blackz28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Finally!! Can't wait to get back home!! ;P

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: eastbosbud
If the do create a BLACK HOLE they need to do it over FUKUSHIMA... so it can suck up the 600,000 pounds of radioactive fuel that they cant seem to locate for the past 4 years.

This isn't a bad idea, but I think destroying the whole planet would be a more effective route.

Can. Not. Wait.

LHC FOREVER!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The inconvenient truth may be that they don't care. If that is so, where are we, then, left?
Does anyone know and does anyone care?
tetra

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
The inconvenient truth may be that they don't care. If that is so, where are we, then, left?
Does anyone know and does anyone care?
tetra

Maybe buckaroo banzai was on to something.? where is PHAGE? he can explain the lectroids plan at the hadron collider.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Parallel universe how stupid. Only God believers would fall for something so stupid. Living inn the fantasy world they do. Your parallel universe in in your dreams.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Just what the hell are they playing at over in Switzerland? Attempting to create mini black holes? Attempting to open up parallel universes?

I am all for discovering new things and appreciate science is relatively still in its infancy, but what happens if this little experiment goes dramatically wrong, it could be the end of everything.

I'm sure in this day and age, risk assessments have been conducted, but what's to stop a little Black Hole growing into the Daddy of Black Holes?

Welp, you DO know that the Earth and every other object in the solar system is constantly struck by accelerated protons in energies at or far far far above what LHC will ever manage, right?

So the "experiment" has been ongoing for the life of the solar system, using the same particles the LHC uses. And yet, we haven't been eaten by black holes.

link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I'm surprised Christians aren't jumping on this. The book of Revelation has a few scenes where various demons, angels, locust-thingies, and frog-thingies come out of rivers and cracks. The Euphrates is sort of near there.

I don't know... if I were into Christian mythology and prophecy, I'd sure be making some connections right about now.

And that makes me think of this movie The Mist... A military base is fiddling around with opening dimensions and things go out of control. All kinds of ugly and deadly critters come through the opening into our dimension.. And that the moment the party really gets started.

Stephen King knows how to transform one story into an other without losing the original plot...the bible.

link   
a reply to: yuppa
There is no plan, yuppa, unless it's to waste what's here, for something they're not sure is there….
2nd
tetra

link   

originally posted by: roth1
Parallel universe how stupid. Only God believers would fall for something so stupid. Living inn the fantasy world they do. Your parallel universe in in your dreams.

you know how we live in three dimensions right? Its also NOT a religous thing. Alot of scientist think there are different dimensions.
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: schpelling corexxion

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join