It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy cop in camo terrorizes kids mudding in an open field

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Amazing isn't it, i saw that same story about the bobby's funeral too. I've never had a policeman in the UK be anything but polite to me, and i'm no angel.

Different World in the Land of the Free though!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla
I've been nicked more than a few times in my life and I've never had an angry copper unless I was angry first. Never thrown to the floor, handcuffs put on gently and not too tight because I calmly complied, even a few laughs and a joke with arresting officers, fish n chips from the local chippy if held for over 4 hours, even allowed a smoke outside when in police custody a couple of years ago.
No, our cops are great in comparison to everything I read on ATS about the US, and I think it is because they don't have guns and are big time outnumbered if it kicks off. I've actually helped a couple of cops restrain suspects over the years because they were doing the right thing, but losing the battle as they were outnumbered.

Yeah, land of the free, calling us slaves of the Crown all the time in the forums, don't see civilian gun ownership stopping their police treating them like dirt...I know which country I prefer to be a slave in, and I'm never going to spend any of my money in the US because everyone I know who has been there has come back with stories of horrible border guards and aggressive police. # that.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well, I wouldn't say he was technically acting in a legal capacity...for one, he was out of his jurisdiction, and he didn't attempt to arrest the kid. Instead, he called appropriate law enforcement.

I do, however, hope that kid and his parents filed a complaint about pulling a weapon on him...assuming that actually happened.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Not always...cops are always polite to me, but then again, I don't do stupid s**t (anymore) where they need to be concerned about me or what I'm doing. I do, however, know some people who were visiting the UK and said a few of the LEOs were dicks to them. But to be fair, they were probably acting like jackasses or drunk.

Regardless, it's generally the actions of the civilian and not the LEO that instigates the 'bad cop' actions and demeanor. Not always, but generally.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Guys Manstruating...Psycho Bitch.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Haha, always a blunt to the point post Solo!
You ever seen a cop like that in your parts of our little island?
...or anything at all like the regular daily/weekly posts of psycho cops we see from US members?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

The kid is obviously smart, and probably reads and writes ATS because he was certainly mindful that Police like these are out of control and liable to pull just about anything at the slightest provocation...provocation probably being little more than the kid being aware of and implementing his rights as an American Citizen.

Sounds over the top, but that kid may have narrowly escaped death by keeping his cool and being civil.

With the millions out of work in the USA..why do Police over the pond seem to be increasingly scraping the bottom of the barrel for personnel?

Could it be that they intentionally hire those with questionable integrity, so they'll be more likely to go along with the money making scams that tend to heavily subsidise Police authority budgets these days?

Whatever the reason, they couldn't hire people who show the Police in a worse light, if they were deliberately trying to.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
that kid may have narrowly escaped death by keeping his cool and being civil.
It seems that way from reading ATS doesn't it. There's even a specific forum for it, as this topic is in posse comitatus which essentially seems to be a US police brutality forum.
My guess is the the US police are as scared of their populace who might be carrying guns as the populace are scared of the police who carry guns. That fear becomes demonstrated through the medium of anger.
In the UK our police only routinely carry extendable batons, and every 10 or so cops will have a tazer at best, in an environment of 1 cop for every few thousand or so citizens in the average police area.
It explains why they go for the friendly option first, and why we as British citizens do not fear being spoken to by a cop if we've done nothing wrong...as many US citizens posting on ATS appear to express over the years.

*Edit*
I consider UK police the same as I do nightclub doorstaff/bouncers, annoying at times but useful. Nobody likes the referee but we all know the good ones make the game easier.

edit on 20.3.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What complete jerk offs. Then they wonder why people don't like them.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Another great example of the kind of immature mentality many American cops seem to have, a complete lack of professionalism and a complete disregard for their actual purpose.

It seems to me that American police departments have continually failed to properly assess the suitability of those they hire. It makes you wonder what the standards are, and how (if at all) they are maintained.

I wonder how many times complaints have been ignored, and senior staff have magically "misplaced" reports, when officers like this have exhibited this kind of attitude before?

I think it's about time the American public started to demand better standards, and it should begin with a federal law demanding all states implement public review bodies of all police complaints.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
What complete jerk offs. Then they wonder why people don't like them.
right ive seen cops try and protect cops actions on ats and im not saying they are always wrong but public opinion seeing these things like ten cops piled on a guy sceeaming stop resisting give me your hands while taseing said person who cant move adrenilan rush # or not you cant justify certain things and this is one of them

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Another great example of the kind of immature mentality many American cops seem to have, a complete lack of professionalism and a complete disregard for their actual purpose.

It seems to me that American police departments have continually failed to properly assess the suitability of those they hire. It makes you wonder what the standards are, and how (if at all) they are maintained.

I wonder how many times complaints have been ignored, and senior staff have magically "misplaced" reports, when officers like this have exhibited this kind of attitude before?

I think it's about time the American public started to demand better standards, and it should begin with a federal law demanding all states implement public review bodies of all police complaints.
yeah right that wouldnt be "whats best for them" i really wouldnt know the standerds but im sure its pass a gew test not have a record pass training your a cop

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

See I always look to the favor of the police in every situation.
Hardly ever can I not see from thier point of view. Chaulk one
up to the negative column on this one. This kid was just way to
nice. And the lesson he should take away from this is? The honest
people are the easiest to ####. This cop was prolly pissed cause
the kids truck made his look like crap. Sure makes it easy to hate
cops, but they don't care about that either cuz birds of a feather.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

See I always look to the favor of the police in every situation.
Hardly ever can I not see from thier point of view. Chaulk one
up to the negative column on this one. This kid was just way to
nice. And the lesson he should take away from this is? The honest
people are the easiest to ####. This cop was prolly pissed cause
the kids truck made his look like crap. Sure makes it easy to hate
cops, but they don't care about that either cuz birds of a feather.

lol so in respect another person should learn to not trust cops from the start and cops should handle the internal problems to keep this from happening to good people? People record cops for these reasons alone its way to expected and this kid is proof its bs even if he was on private property how was he to know this off duty out of uniform "cop" was a cop chasing him

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Since when do you gotta obey some PIG outside of his jurisdiction?

Shouldve peeled out and covered them in mud hahaha.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Since when do you gotta obey some PIG outside of his jurisdiction?

Shouldve peeled out and covered them in mud hahaha.
well if hes in a "cop car" and his lights come on you have to and they can call cops in that jurasdiction but a random truck no lights tuff # luck if that kid ran he should have been ok because he didnt feel safe and it wasnt a squad car

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Where do they find people like this?

At the very bottom of the barrel

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Step 1: Harrassed by obese 'roid enraged cop.
Step 2: Civil Suit for : 18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law
Step 3: ?????
Step 4: PROFIT!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Haha, always a blunt to the point post Solo!
You ever seen a cop like that in your parts of our little island?
...or anything at all like the regular daily/weekly posts of psycho cops we see from US members?

Never. Even after being chased on foot through rivers, over fences and through back alleyways.

Our Local Bobbies had a great sense of humour. Man, they would even take the pish out of their own for not catching us or falling on their faces in the process of said apprehension.

i was on my Motocross bike one day, tearing up on a old flattened slag hill, The cops chased me, they had no chance of catching me. I was off before they got within 100 yards.

Anyhoo, later on that day i headed home to find one of them sitting having a crack with my parents. I nearly shat it. It was PC Davey, "Noosh" McKiddy. a Neighbour. He wanted a go on my bike. oh, how they laughed..

True story..

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I agree with your assessment of the public's view of Police in general, annoying symbols of the rulebook, but completely necessary and useful, even accounting for the bad apples amongst them.

But i don't agree the US police, being increasingly reported for mindless violence and intimidation of their public, being due to a weapons thing.

We here in the UK, know that our Police are for the most part unarmed and do not carry lethal weapons, and similarly, the UK Police know that we the Public are similarly, for the most part of course, unarmed and do not carry lethal weapons.

The Americans equally know the situation regarding each others weapons status, the difference being that both the Police and the Public stand an equal chance of being armed with lethal weapons.

Yet, for the most part, here in the UK the Public will still do as directed by the UK Police...even without the threat of immediate gun violence by the Police, and in a similar vein, the Americans will also, for the most part, comply with American Police, whether or not the Public are armed, the Police are armed, or not.

Why?

Because quite simply, it's not about weapons or the lack of weapons, it all comes down (generally speaking, as exceptions always exist) to people generally accept the need for law and order as part of a functioning and flourishing society.

We don't like rules and regulations, especially the ridiculous and stupid rules, but in spite of those, we still ultimately respect the rule of law (if not necessarily those who might enforce those rules) and accept them as part of our collective functioning as a society.

So, weapons or not, Public armed or unarmed, Police armed or unarmed is a moot point, as we all expect the rule of law to prevail and generally expect that those who are employed to enforce these rules and laws, respect that too.

So it becomes more a question of the Public and the Police forces' respect for just laws and reasonably rules and regulations, and the dichotomy of the lack of respect for those that are simply engineered as a cash cow and revenue streams for local Government and Police forces at the expense of the Public.

Those patently unjust laws and rules are the straws that are breaking the donkey's back and creating this seemingly unprecedented friction and levels of violence between enforcement and Public, because i think it takes 'a special kind of Police officer' who is willing and happy to tale a dump all over the Public he or she is not only a part of socially, but are employed to protect and defend as part of society..yet even so they help to erode, little by little the trust and reliance the Public bestow on Police and the law in general, just to grab fines and what is basically extorted monies from an increasingly sceptical Public.

There is where the tension is generated, and not i believe because in the US both the Police and the Public are armed (a good thing in my view, personal protection ought to be a Human right IMO), because here in the UK, both the Police and the Public are not armed (you can guess what i think here)...yet, we still respect the law enough to comply with a righteous and justified Police request of us, whatever that might be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join