It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy cop in camo terrorizes kids mudding in an open field

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

You over reacted nearly as much as the cop in the video. How ironic.
I never defended the cops nor did I say hang the kid from the nearest tree.
I only pointed out that these "kids" and their mudders can do serious damage to fields. They sometimes destroy drain tiles that are buried and they dig through the top soil and mix it in with whatever is underneath. I have witnessed this firsthand while working on a farm when I was in high school.
The video shows the cops being jerks but does not show how much damaged the young man did if any.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71
^^..that is gold..sig worthy.
What crime would that be..the one where he had permission from the field owner?

If he had permission, then he did nothing wrong.
If he lied about having permission, then he was committing a crime.
Not exactly what I would call a major crime, more like a speeding ticket

Edit..
He said he had permission but did the video ever verify that he did? the cops voices are kind of fuzzy.
edit on 20-3-2015 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: added question

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I absolutely agree. I also absolutely think that the teen likely had an "eat shiite grin" plastered on his face the entire time as well. Regardless though the actions were completely uncapped for and I hope (I don't think it did anyway) that my post didn't make it sound like I thought this was the right way to handle this. I suppose I'm so used to seeing it that I have misplaced my shocked face and my complacent/apathetic face took over.

Until I hit 30, this is usually the attitude that I was greeted with whenever I got pulled over.

These officers were completely out of line and I would be a little more than pissed if I found out my daughter got pulled over and was talked to like a dog like this... Let alone the rest of it. The utter lack of respect shown here, the anger, etc. That needs to be addressed ASAP within that department and should be met with more than a paid vacation. The officer was nearly vibrating with anger.
edit on 3/20/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Sarcasm =/= over reacting. If I was overreacting, i would A.) call for the immediate life imprisonment of this clown with a badge, B.) paint all cops as evil, and C.) accuse folks of overreacting.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
In the youtube comments it was indicated he had permission to be there..not verified.
If that cop has a family..I feel for them as I bet this billy badass is pretty much a dick 24/7

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yeah, he's a real winner. Let's hope he did not breed..

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Even if the kid was in the field without permission as far as I know cops from different jurisdictions do "not" have the authority to stop brandish a firearm against or detain anyone they please.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Even if the kid was in the field without permission as far as I know cops from different jurisdictions do "not" have the authority to stop brandish a firearm against or detain anyone they please.

No clue.
I would imagine that might have something to do with the crime being committed.
I would think he would be able to stop a robbery but I'm not sure about trespassing.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

My one real concern is that you seem mightily convinced there was a "crime" being committed. There was, incidentally, just not by the kid.
If he had permission, then Officer McFriendly was even more out of line than at first appears.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

A civilian has authority to stop a robbery in progress.

As far as I know out of state or out of jurisdiction police officers have the same authority as you and I.

The badge only holds authority for his juridiction.

Edit to add

I looked it up.

Some states, counties, and cities have mutual aid or cross-jurisdictional agreements giving officers from one jurisdiction the authority to act in another jurisdiction.

I hope the kid finds out.

www.quickanddirtytips.com...
edit on 20-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

You seem equally convinced that there was no crime committed. Do you have any proof or are you just guessing?
The video does not show anything that happened before the cop was involved.
I'm not making any judgement about the kid involved I'm just pointing out that he may not be innocent

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Funny thing about America, we have this little notion of "Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law". So, until that happens, I'm assuming a lack of crime.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well at least the cop was a little friendlier then a farmer could be. We have a big problem here with idiots thinking it's OK to trespass and cause property damage as well. People get upset on their stupidity to think it's OK to just do what you want.
Sure the cop could have handled it better but the kid shouldn't have been there to begin with it seems. I know these farmers would just assume shoot you and I don't blame them. Simply if you don't own it stay out seems kinda simple actually.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Connman

but the kid shouldn't have been there to begin with it seems.

Do you have a source for that or is it just your opinion?

It is just as likely the kid is telling the truth and he does have permission to be there unless you have evidence otherwise.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
He may have permission as you say but that is also the oldest excuse given when they actually don't.
A name would have been enough to get in touch with the land owner. Maybe it was the kids friend that said it was OK and so on when it wasn't.
And doubt these cops are out there watching for this stuff if it was not a problem.

Can't just assume the kid was being honest either now can we. This stuff happens all the time around here is what I base this/my opinion on. But as I said the police could have been a little nicer and if I was the kid and did have permission to do it I wouldn't have been so nice as he was to them.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Connman

Point is neither of us know if any laws wer being broken by the kid.

The issue is IMO that an off-duty officer outside his jurisdiction not in uniform chased, brandished his weapon. detained, verbally abused the kid.

We have laws and what I have read about Indiana law leads me to believe the officer seriously violated his rights and broke the law doing it.

If so the other police force became his accomplices.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Well, first, we don't know what happened prior to the video starting--driver could have been a complete douche until he turned on his camera.

Also, the officers absolutely do act like jackasses, but they're also right--you can't go mudding on someone else's property without permission, plain and simple.

The officers writing the ticket were in the right, but the attitude of some of them was completely unprofessional.

The issue was probably that the first cop was out trying to hunt and the dude muddin' was making a lot of noise and ruining the hunting trip, so the officer got all pissy about it. Dick move, for sure, but when you do dumb s**t when you're 17, it doesn't always work out in your favor. Kid did nothing wrong for the entirety of the video, from what I can tell. Now the officer was going to get beat by his wife for not bringing home dinner...
edit on 20-3-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I agree with you on that. We don't know so I can't just say the cops were in the wrong here or in the right.
Thankfully court will decide due to they will have all the evidence. Think we will here the outcome? I doubt it as so many times postings like this are made and no follow up on it.
But hey it shows a cop off duty ticked off OK bash them away all you want.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I say the cop is lucky.

I occasionally go mudding and if some jackarse chased me down and jumped out of his vehicle then come at me pointing a gun wearing camouflage then I would have emptied the clip from my 1911 at him that I keep in the console.

Everything I have read says an officer must be in uniform on duty in a clearly marked vehicle to act in an official capacity outside of his jurisdiction.
edit on 20-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4
Wow, I never fail to be surprised by the almost daily posts of psycho cops in the US, and so many members keep on saying we in the UK are controlled subjects or whatever. I'm glad our cops are mostly friendly if you're not a prick to them.
My police area (Devon & Cornwall) are proper friendly, generally ignore personal possession of substances, and not at all scary when being arrested. Only a handful carry tazers and the rest just extendable batons, but if you just chill out they have no use for them.
This week a funeral of a cop who died suddenly of some condition in my police area was attended by 6000 people, such was the feelings for him: www.westernmorningnews.co.uk...
I'm so glad I live as a peasant serf in the UK...you may have guns but it doesn't seem to stop your cops treating you like dirt lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join