It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Really want to believe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Thanks for your post. You bring up some things I never thought of. Good points there. I know some people who say they can see dead people - ghosts who cannot seem to move on.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
why would there not be aliens. we have already been aliens on the moon. Have you ever thought about the Earth the way the continents are separated by the ocean and different races of people on the continents. Sort of like the way the universe is . The planets are like our continents and space is like our oceans. There is just way too many credible people that have seen UFO's. I think that the aliens come here because at some point maybe 100's of thousands or millions of years ago they too were like us. They had a Wilbur and Orville Wright , a Charles Lindbergh. Solid rocket boosters, the first time orbiting their planet. They may or may not look like us but it probably is interesting to see us, maybe like going to a zoo or museum. They are so advanced that there is nothing we could ever say they would find interesting. Maybe our music or art they would like. So there probably is no need to stop in and say HEY. Few soil samples a cow or horse and off they go.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Do you want to believe or do you want to KNOW?

Belief is easy the hard part is when you come to know

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I too have never seen a potential ET UFO, but I still believe in them, primarily because of the evidence from others that have seen a potential ET UFO.

Simply because we don't have first hand experience doesn't mean a certain phenomena doesn't exist.

Not to mention that simply the statement of belief in the existence of intelligent ETs is considered as a modern form of heresy and will raise flags with the government.
edit on 21-3-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
There's one particular UFO that would be the closest thing to kind of proving it real, but then again its a weird one, and when or if ever caught on film could easily be mistaken for a lot of things, like Chinese Lanterns to the Golden knights parachute team. It usually gets mentioned a lot on ATS with some threads trying to discuss it, but like I said, could easily be mistakened for a lot of other things, let alone the amount of hoaxes that get put out about it for youtube views.

It usually called "Foo Fighter(s)" which related to a sighting in WW2 and it usually orange too.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I've heard of foo fighters. I heard there may have some flying parallel to one of the space shuttle flights. Very intriguing.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: deloprator20000

I don't give a damn what the government thinks. I served 20 years in the Navy. Many in the military have seen things that cannot be explained.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Do you want to believe or do you want to KNOW?

Belief is easy the hard part is when you come to know

Both

I would say knowing is the more difficult part.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

And that's what bothers me - the fact they would be so much more advanced. Why would they ever want to visit this backwater planet? To scope us out as a food source or some other nasty thing. That's what scares the hell out of me. I know I should be more optimistic and remember the idealism I had when I was younger.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Well, once you decide they're "real," then you have to try and figure out what you mean by that. Because of their elusive and often nonsensical nature, at some point UFOs make you question the nature of observed reality.

Of course, you could always just chalk them up to "aliens from other planets in metal ships," but the more you study them, the more you will find that doesn't really fit the descriptions all that well. Especially the high strangeness stuff.

^100% agree

I first started browsing through this site in 2008 when I had two major sightings in Taos, New Mexico. Last sighting was in Arizona summer 2012. What I saw completely changed my perception of reality and what is physically possible. And they were nothing like I expected them to be, not metallic or saucer shaped. I'll be real with you nothing prepares you for it when you see them, there's just nothing in our day to day life we can relate or compare them to so its a bit of sensory overload at first. They looked to me like pure energy or something electromagnetic and had the ability to disappear when other cars drove by. They moved like a hummingbird and left bright tracers in my eyes. They changed colors. On one of the occasions they attracted a heavy military presence including fighter jets and very large, loud helicopters. And to make things better and less surreal/confusing for me, each sighting I had close friends present who saw everything I saw, and were just as blown away and mind#ed as I was.

once you see something like that it's a game changer, you can't unsee it. I can say UFOs are an absolute reality because I saw them multiple times, with witnesses and even saw a military reaction to their presence. I don't talk about it much, rarely participate in discussions with disbelievers or try to "convert" people to the "truth" because I really don't give a # what people want to believe. I'm no longer dealing with "what ifs" and useless speculation, but I have enough respect (and also don't give enough #s) to try to persuade someone stuck in their beliefs..

In your case OP, I hope someday soon you can experience it firsthand because it's a spiritual experience in a way, or an awakening to the reality that there is a lot more out there than we've been led to believe, and as cliche as it sounds truth is definitely stranger than fiction..

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

but I have enough respect (and also don't give enough #s) to try to persuade someone stuck in their beliefs..
a reply to: isthisreaI
Wow, your experiences sound incredible, thanks. I just wanted to say, in reference to your quote above, I tell others of my experiences and try to help them have an experience them self. I think the only way we're going to have a more rapid paradigm shift is to get non-believers to look up and see what's going on, asap.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: isthisreaI

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

It gave me chills when I read it. I'm so glad it was a positive thing too.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I can take you to a valley in Southern Colorado that will change the way you view reality, UFOs, mindcontrol, the paranormal, and religion forever. You will be fundamentally changed....I was.

Interested? I have made this offer on ATS many times to skeptics and debunkers; not one response! Comfortable in their narrowminded one dimensional, cynical view of the worlid I guess...also a bit chicken****

Can't really blame them...the trip down the rabbithole isn't for the faint of heart.

www.overdrive.com...

There's a meteor camera that operated or operates from that valley and to my knowledges has never logged any UFOs.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

I'm thinking about getting a telescope to scope out the skies. It may give me a better chance of seeing something.

I have wonderful memories of driving to my Navy reserve center in Green Bay WI on very clear cold mornings in the dead of winter when I saw beautiful shooting stars or meteor showers. It was my favorite time of year for the 35 mile drive despite the sometimes arduous road conditions. I always wondered if I would ever see a UFO. Everything I saw could be explained.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD so what you do CD is learn a good trick so they won't dissect you. you could become a "pet"

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

LOL! No, I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SBargisen UFO's have been seen here on Earth way before we exploded the Atom bomb. Having said that there probably are multitudes of different Aliens. Maybe some care maybe some don't about us exploding an A-bomb. Maybe when we did, like you stated it attracted some. Why I think a lot of Aliens visit our Planet is. it's diversity of plant and animal life. Also no matter how evolved the visiting Aliens are somewhere in their past be it a 100,000 or a million years ago they too had an Orville and Wilbur Wright, a first time an astronaut circled their planet , the first time they went to a moon nearby and yes I suppose they too could have been visited by other aliens more advanced then them and their government kept it a secret . Who knows. BTW there are some really good accounts of UFO's from the early 1900's and late 1800's. I remember a book my Mom got me for Christmas one year, it was full of strange facts. One was about a big silver orb that hovered at the edge of a western town for several days. The sheriff and mayor finally went down and the mayor looked up and invited the occupants into town. The craft left a few days later. There was a fireman in the 30's taking pictures of a forest and he took a picture of a UFO flyby unknowingly. there are lots and lots.

edit on 28-3-2015 by LA1IMPALA because: more info

edit on 28-3-2015 by LA1IMPALA because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2015 by LA1IMPALA because: edit

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: isthisreaI

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Well, once you decide they're "real," then you have to try and figure out what you mean by that. Because of their elusive and often nonsensical nature, at some point UFOs make you question the nature of observed reality.

Of course, you could always just chalk them up to "aliens from other planets in metal ships," but the more you study them, the more you will find that doesn't really fit the descriptions all that well. Especially the high strangeness stuff.

^100% agree

I first started browsing through this site in 2008 when I had two major sightings in Taos, New Mexico. Last sighting was in Arizona summer 2012. What I saw completely changed my perception of reality and what is physically possible. And they were nothing like I expected them to be, not metallic or saucer shaped. I'll be real with you nothing prepares you for it when you see them, there's just nothing in our day to day life we can relate or compare them to so its a bit of sensory overload at first. They looked to me like pure energy or something electromagnetic and had the ability to disappear when other cars drove by. They moved like a hummingbird and left bright tracers in my eyes. They changed colors. On one of the occasions they attracted a heavy military presence including fighter jets and very large, loud helicopters. And to make things better and less surreal/confusing for me, each sighting I had close friends present who saw everything I saw, and were just as blown away and mind#ed as I was.

once you see something like that it's a game changer, you can't unsee it. I can say UFOs are an absolute reality because I saw them multiple times, with witnesses and even saw a military reaction to their presence. I don't talk about it much, rarely participate in discussions with disbelievers or try to "convert" people to the "truth" because I really don't give a # what people want to believe. I'm no longer dealing with "what ifs" and useless speculation, but I have enough respect (and also don't give enough #s) to try to persuade someone stuck in their beliefs..

In your case OP, I hope someday soon you can experience it firsthand because it's a spiritual experience in a way, or an awakening to the reality that there is a lot more out there than we've been led to believe, and as cliche as it sounds truth is definitely stranger than fiction..

I'm curious, did you have the sense that you were seeing a piloted craft, or did it feel more like the object itself was a living being?
edit on 28-3-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Society itself is to blame for the lack of belief in what is really going on here on planet earth. This stigma doesn't affect everyone though, but that leaves us with two groups yelling and poking at the other group. I have seen enough, and have credible friends who have reveled what they have seen, some of which are federal officials, FAA, and the Army, and others in research science who I know from Sandia Labs which has several locations where research takes place, one of which is inside Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque New Mexico. This location is walking distance from the Manzano weapons storage facility where weird UFO related incidents take place now and then.

For some it is overwhelmingly obvious that non humans are here running around, and for others, they aren't here and haven't been. (Until they see them themselves and have their life turned upside down.) And there is a big list of those as well.

To believe it all is more breaking the shell that society has built around us to protect their selfish investments in us.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
When I was eight, I saw Chariots of the Gods and the Patterson Bigfoot footage at the movie theater. I read the book about the Bermuda Triangle, Raymond Moody's Life After Life, Bridey Murphy, Chariots of the Gods and many more. I spent 42 years reading on these subjects, watching any tv program pertaining to these subjects, monitoring the skies, conducting seances, experimenting with hypnosis, psychokinesis, on and on. I really wanted to discover that life is something other than mundane. When I turned 50, I concluded, having never found personal evidence of anything outside of the mundane, that there was nothing to any of it. No ghosts, no ETs, none of it.
Then I had an extraordinary experience. My brother, our friend and I had a close encounter with three spacecraft, which silently flew directly over our heads. Suddenly, I was in possession of an extraordinary fact: there are others here, far, far more intelligent than we, far different from us.
It's subsequently a very different world for me: I see evidence in abundance.
My main point is, no amount of shuffling of declassified papers, pictures, videos, etc., will ever produce truth for anyone ( and there are many paper shufflers on this site). Personal experience is one's proof.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join