It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Really want to believe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yes, I want to believe. When I was a little girl, my Mom gave me a wonderful book by Charles Berlitz about the Bermuda Triangle. I was about 10 years old, with a very open mind. I was captivated by the book, and read everything I could get my hands on regarding the Bermuda Triangle, UFO's, Bigfoot, and aliens.

I loved the TV series Project Bluebook. I was really into science fiction too. I always daydreamed about meeting benevolent aliens and chatting them up. Like Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Star Trek.

Now I'm older and much more cynical. I joined this site and am delighted to read all the wonderful subjects on here. There is something nagging at me. I never saw a UFO. I wonder if I did see one and saw actual aliens from another planet/dimension/timeline if I'd be absolutely terrified. I want so sit down and have a cup of coffee/beer and shoot the breeze, ask what brought them here.

Maybe they would say their planet was destroyed by war and warn us. Maybe they'd just giggle and get drunk. Maybe they would be angry and resentful. Perhaps all of the above.

But after 50 years on this earth, I've seen some wondrous things, but never a UFO. I don't believe in them, but I want to. This site has rekindled my imagination and daydreaming of what could with the ultimate in social networking - chatting with some aliens from far far away and hearing what they have to say.

Do any of you feel this way? I can't be the only one.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

I think I know just the thing for you. Read Mutants & Mystics by Jeffrey Kripal.

👣

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I can take you to a valley in Southern Colorado that will change the way you view reality, UFOs, mindcontrol, the paranormal, and religion forever. You will be fundamentally changed....I was.

Interested? I have made this offer on ATS many times to skeptics and debunkers; not one response! Comfortable in their narrowminded one dimensional, cynical view of the worlid I guess...also a bit chicken****

Can't really blame them...the trip down the rabbithole isn't for the faint of heart.

www.overdrive.com...

edit on 19-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

I'll check that out. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I can tell you they are real.
I've been close enough to one to hit it with a rock.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sounds intriguing. Looks like I can buy the book through Barnes and Noble or ITunes. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That's pretty neat! We're you frightened?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Sounds intriguing. Looks like I can buy the book through Barnes and Noble or ITunes. Thanks.

That's cool....not quite the same as stumbling upon a mutilated cow. Or being chased by green fireballs...
Or encountering stranger Mexicans that know way to many intimate details of your life.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Oh, being chased by green fireballs would be really scary. Unless they suddenly want to drink some Jack Daniels and shoot the breeze.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Oh, being chased by green fireballs would be really scary. Unless they suddenly want to drink some Jack Daniels and shoot the breeze.

Kinda hard to shoot the breeze at 90 mph in a ford pickup. Don't drink and drive!!
I took a good friend up to Saguache fishing once...hasn't spoken to me in 6 years. He wouldn't tell me what happened.
People like to think they would like to see a UFO; like its space aliens just cruzeing around...it's much more complex than that...much more!!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm the same and came here because it seemed to be the best place to find answers to the questions that have been nagging at me since a very young age.I'm an avid sky watcher and despite countless hours looking up,I've yet to see anything I can't explain.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, once you decide they're "real," then you have to try and figure out what you mean by that. Because of their elusive and often nonsensical nature, at some point UFOs make you question the nature of observed reality.

Of course, you could always just chalk them up to "aliens from other planets in metal ships," but the more you study them, the more you will find that doesn't really fit the descriptions all that well. Especially the high strangeness stuff.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

But after 50 years on this earth, I've seen some wondrous things, but never a UFO. I don't believe in them, but I want to.

I believe they are real. Get yourself some binoculars and start looking at the night sky, even the day. You'll know what's "right" and "not right" when you see something peculiar. I have a pic of the local paper's front page that mentions the "bright light" that I watched way back in 1981. If I knew how to download it I would. Anyways, keep looking and you'll see.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

a reply to: skunkape23

That's pretty neat! We're you frightened?

I didn't really have a sense of fear.
My pulse was definitely racing...more of sense of awe.
I was disappointed when it left. I would have liked to take a ride.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

NASA says in the next two decades we could find alien life.

Link

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Interested? I have made this offer on ATS many times to skeptics and debunkers; not one response! Comfortable in their narrowminded one dimensional, cynical view of the worlid I guess...also a bit chicken****

Oh really? That's because I've been unaware of the offer.
Be damned if I'm not up for an adventure. Can you tell me
more? Would skinwalker ranch be similar to this valley?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

People like to think they would like to see a UFO; like its space aliens just cruising around...it's much more complex than that...much more!!

By any chance have you created a thread on your experiences? If not can you give me more details about the green fireballs and what they might be?
edit on 19-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Kinda hard to shoot the breeze at 90 mph in a ford pickup. Don't drink and drive!!
I took a good friend up to Saguache fishing once...hasn't spoken to me in 6 years. He wouldn't tell me what happened.
People like to think they would like to see a UFO; like its space aliens just cruzeing around...it's much more complex than that...much more!!

I believe that! That's why I said earlier I'd be terrified. I would probably faint or crap my drawers. In my daydream, they know they are advanced, but they are cool about and decide to humor me.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Well, once you decide they're "real," then you have to try and figure out what you mean by that. Because of their elusive and often nonsensical nature, at some point UFOs make you question the nature of observed reality.

Of course, you could always just chalk them up to "aliens from other planets in metal ships," but the more you study them, the more you will find that doesn't really fit the descriptions all that well. Especially the high strangeness stuff.

Yeah, I hear you on that. I think it would be much more complicated.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

NASA says in the next two decades we could find alien life.

Link[/quot e]

Thanks for the link. I find exoplanets very intriguing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join