It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me a weird or creepy story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hello, people of ATS. I'm bored. Could you entertain me by sharing a weird or creepy story? It can be true, fictional, I don't care. Get your creative juices flowing and knock me out. I'll start things off.

I'd just come upstairs from the basement after investigating a strange noise, only to realize that my new house didn't have a basement. I turned to look back toward the way I'd come, only to see a blank wall.

I woke up to my dog licking my toes. I got up to tell her to leave me alone, only to realize that she was in the other room.

Okay, there you go. How about one-upping me?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I saw a weird looking spider creeping along the basement floor today. Is that weird and creepy enough?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh, yeah. That's pretty creepy. Was it the kind you step on, set on fire, or run from?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a story I shared with ATS quite a while ago. I still reflect on it often.

About the only strange thing that I've ever been a part of.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I let him live. It wasn't bothering me so I just told him not to come upstairs.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

That was cool. Are you glad that he lost the bet?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
A friend of mine lost her four year old son in a freak accident. Some years later, on the child's father's birthday, the father insisted on going to the cemetery to visit his son. It was winter, around Christmas time.

As they stood at his grave, the dead boys younger sister saw Xmas lights on a tree much further away. The little girl insisted that the family go see the lights. The family grumbled - it was cold, the ground was snow covered and they didn't really want to walk the distance. But, she was so insistent that they did.

When they got to the area of the tree there was a note on the grave there that, from what they could see (as it was partially snow covered) said "dad, love you, happy birthday, Liam."

The family was stunned - their dead son's name was Liam! When they picked up the note, it actually read "grandad, love you, happy birthday, Liam" and was obviously left by the man's grandson at HIS grave - or was it?!?!

Totally a true story.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
A few months ago, the wife and I were standing at a book rack. She wanted a cookbook with French recipes. There was only one there. We picked it up and put it back after finding the recipes were written out in the French language (which we don't speak). Finding this odd, I picked it up again and opened it to the first page ... everything's in English.

When we got home, I turned through every page of that book and found not one word written in French. The wife's let this go, but I come back to that memory quite frequently.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's hard to say. It's something I think about. I am less inclined to believe in heaven or hell than I was back then, but if we are in the struggle of good and evil here in this realm, then neither won or lost. I even entertain the thought than one or the other might have been nudging me to pursue the grand self inflicted exit, so to speak, and then one would have won. It's been years and still no conclusive answer.

But I still have the struggle.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

That's really freaky. Thanks for the good story.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

That's bizarre. What will you do if you open it one day and it's in French?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Do you find yourself thinking about it when you're the most down?

Also, there's no chance they were playing an elaborate joke on you?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Sup with dogs licking toes though? Mine came over to make out with my feet five minutes ago.

I feel creeped out when I go to my basement. It's where we keep my in law. She's in her 70s but doesn't know it... So down a dark hallway I'll see a big blonde wig coming at me, smoker's voice asking me if I know I'm handsome, face from the walking dead with a contorted smile in real life.... Yeah I head for the hills every time.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'll just post a few links to threads I've posted in the past. Especially check out my threads on haunted Ohio University, my alma mater. Had a lot of weird things happen to me there. Enjoy!

Story of the Green Man

Haunted Athens Part 1

Haunted Athens Part 2

Haunted Athens Part 3

Haunted Athens Part 4

Stories from the fraternity house I lived in at OU
Haunted Theta Chi House

Ghost Photo my friend took
Ghost Photo?

That should keep you busy for a while.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
In college, I lived next to an old mansion that had been turned into a museum. It was a creepy, shabby looking house, built by some wheat baron.

On Christmas Eve, I came home late from sledding with friends, and we saw smoke coming out from the mansion's chimney. Super weird.

A few weeks later, I asked at the museum if there had been any events there. They said no, it was closed for Christmas break. But walking out, I noticed on one of the displays that the family that built it moved in on Christmas Eve of like 1880 or so.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

That's the stuff of nightmares. At least she hasn't taken up pole dancing.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Tell you the truth, it wouldn't surprise me if she did.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I guess I could agree that I think about it more when I'm down.

As far as it being an elaborate rouse, they just didn't seem like the jokester type of guys.
Heck if that were the case, they could have just sugared my gas tank and done more damage than befriending me under nefarious pretenses. Like I say, it's just strange.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
3-4 AM, woke from a deep sleep, quite groggy and vision somewhat hazy. I looked up and as my eyes adjusted I thought I saw what looked like two small metal boxes attached to the ceiling above my bed. One looked reddish and the other grey/black. After a few seconds, realising that those boxes didn't belong there.. I got startled. As soon as I did, the boxes disappeared from view. About a half minute later, convincing myself it was nothing, I fall back asleep. That is when a static humanoid face appeared mouthing, "scared you, didn't I?" I sat straight up and gave a thumbs up, laughed and didn't sleep very well the rest of the morning.
edit on 046pm113 by Liahn because: words

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

When I was much younger, probably 8 or 9, I met a girl. This girl was a transfer student in the middle of the school year. The teacher introduced her in front of the class as Katie W. She never looked up to the classroom, and sat down in the back corner of desks. After a week or so I noticed that noone talked to her, she was literally outcasted by everyone. I asked one of my kinda close friends that was a girl "why don't you or other girls go talk to Katie ever?" My friend looked at me with a look of disgust on her face and said "Why don't you talk to her? She looks like she crawled out of a gutter, kind of like a mangy cat or something." I told her "I will talk to her, and she does not look that way to me at all. She kind of looks pretty I guess. She's probably just really shy being in a new school."

Later that day, coming in from recess I saw Katie sitting against the school, and I asked her how she was liking her new school. She looked up at me and said "The food is weird. There aren't many trees around here. And the hallways smell like urine." I looked at her squinting and was kind of taken aback by this and replied "What kind of food do you like? And yes the hallways do have a pee smell I suppose." She stood up, looked me in the eye and kind of wiggled her nose and walked in the school, not answering me. I followed her and said "wait Katie! I just want to talk to you, you seem like you could use a friend to help you get to know the school and kids and teachers." She turned around and got really close to my face and said very quietly "I know all of these kids and none of them can be my friend, none of these teachers can teach what I need to know, and the school is just a school, I know all of these things."

He brute rashness put me off and I just went back to my classroom where she still sat in the back. I felt dejected by a rejected girl. I knew I had to figure out what the hell was her problem. The rest of that day I would peer back at her to see what she would be doing, every time I looked back at her she was looking out the window and within one second of my eyes being on her she would turn her head and look me directly in the eyes. No smile and no emotion was shown to me.

After the bell rung to go home I stalked her from a distance to see what bus or car she got into. I had plenty of time to investigate because I walked home about 6 blocks everyday. But all of the buses left while she stood outside. No car came to pick her up, and she stood there and waited until only handful of kids were still there. She then turned toward the parking lot and walked through it, then reached a hill that went down to a baseball field. Once she crossed the parking lot and proceed down the hill I pursued after her. Once I came the edge of the parking lot and looked down to see where she was, I could not find her, I walked down some steps and looked in the dugout. she was sitting at the far end, and moving her mouth really fast like she was saying "poppopopoppop" but no noise came out. She then looked at me, tilted her head, then said "I am here because I have nowhere else to go. You need to go where you belong. I can be here I don't belong anywhere, so I can be wherever I want." I then became a little upset, and felt a little pitty for her. I thought for a second then replied "I belong where I choose to be, Right now I am my own boss, and I choose to be by you. If you don't want to be by me then you ca go somewhere else and I will not follow you." She stood up. Looked me in the eyes while walking towards me. She put her right hand up then covered her eyes. She then said "Treat me like you hate me so much you love me. I won't look at what you do to me, I don't know your name, make me feel like pain, then tell me I am loved, then make the pain of love meet in the middle, the middle is where I am always at." This kind of freaked me out so I told her "I cannot and will not hurt you. You must have someone that loves you, takes care of you, sends you to school, feeds you, you know?" She took her hand off of her eyes and then turned her head to some trees beyond the outfield fence and pointed into the woods. "That is where the men take care of me. They give me pain and I give them love. I have little love to give from being filled with pain. But this pain keeps me alive just as they keep me alive." I looked into the area she was pointing and saw two figures walking around, but could not make out whatthey were wearing or doing. I heard a noise at the top of the hill behind me and looked back. There stood a tall man, probably 6" 5' or so. He walked down the stairs and put his hand on my shoulder and bent down to my eyeleve to tell me something. But first he looked towards Katie and said "They are waiting for you to return. Go now. Hurry to not be seen by the others." Then he looked me in the eyes and said "Katie could use a young friend like you. You two could be very happy, we could give you happiness If you help us." I knew I was scared at this moent, I felt very unsafe and uneasy. I replied "I don't want to go with you, I want Katie to be happy. She said she was full of pain." He pursed his lips and sighed "Her pain is to keep us painless. She will feel no pain soon, but she must endure enough to know that pain is not real. Your pain, your fear, your disbelief is real. You are too weak to know the truth, and the truth is, we are the revealers of truth, the keepers of wisdom, and the teachers of all knowledge. Your teachers know this, they allow us to be here. They give us what we want, and we give them what they want." I backed away from him, out of his reach as he stood straight up. Then turned sideways, to allow me to go back up the stairs if I wanted to leave. So I did.

I kept this to myself that night. The next day at school Katie was not there. I asked the teacher where she was but the teacher said that she had no idea. The next day she again was absent, still no word from the teacher. So after school was over I went to the principals office to ask/tell him what I saw. I told him that there were men in the woods that were keeping Katie out there and hurting her. He didn't believe me. He told me Katie lived a few miles away with a family of traveling Dr.s and that she is going to a new school now. He told me I was stirring up fear, and should not speak to my classmates about this "story," for it is childish. Plus, the woods are not school property so noone here is going to look into it. Even the police will not, she is not missing or in harm, I spoke to her parents this afternoon, she is ok. I then left his office, feeling kind of pissed off and worried about her. As I walked out of the front doors to go outside, a man was walking in, the same man that spoke to me with Katie. He winked at me then met the principal in the hallway. They put their hands on eachothers shoulders and then some type of 3 pump handshake in unison, then headed towards his office, buth looking my way through the glass doors making the "popopopopop" with their mouths then smiled.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join