It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me a weird or creepy story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I have so many creepy stories I would not know where to start. This is not so scary but its true.
My aunt told me my great-great grandfather was buried at a local cemetery so when I was visiting my grandmother's grave I decided to walk around with my wife and see if I could find it. We tramped around for ages over acres of ground and could not find it so I stopped and said we will never find it. Just as I went to walk off back to the car I looked down and noticed I was actually standing on an old grave with the headstone set into the ground. It was my great-great grandfather's grave, the one we were looking for. What are the odds? Did he want us to find him? I just chose to stop in a completely random spot and there he was.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Not until I was about 15 and went a few times, the woods go for about a mile until there is a river. I was afraid that if they caught me out there or I was with a friend or two they would get me and I didn't want to endager anyone else. a few weeks after it happened I mentioned most of it to my dad, didn't tell him all of it, just kind of told him what I saw. He told me I was reading too many scary stories or watching tooo much TV or something like that. I tried to track down any records of her but I never got her last name, no school pics, no grades, nothing. I don't think they lived in the woods, she wasnt very dirty, just had ill fitting clothes that didn't really go together I think, and she didn't smell or anything. It;s hard to remember all the details, but while writing it some things flashed in my memory, so I cant attest to the entire accuracy of all of this.

I didn't see anyone in the woods when I went. I did find some random clothes here and there, socks, a tshirt, a hat, all much bigger than what she would have worn. Also some cans and trash, II was searching for ay type of dwelling or any marks of a grave. Didn't see anything, and there are no roads in there, so I have no idea as to what they would be doing. I remeber thinking when I was a kid, that Katie did not act like a person at all. Like she ws controlled to say certain things, to do stuff at certain times. Like she was calirvoyant and could know before being asked, and sense weird things about people. It was weird watching her just sit and stare off into nowhere and be able sense when I looked at her. It was also weird how for that week or so she was there, I was the only one I ever saw that tried to talk to her. I'm also pretty sure the teacher never called on her to do anything, and she never opened her book. I have no reason as to why she was there, and what the principal had to do with it if anything.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: grumpy64

Now that's pretty creepy/cool. I hear Ya on incredible odds too!! So I dropped in a story just so Skid had something to read on a boring day! LOL! Also Thanx! You reminded Me of one. Has to do with a graveyard and ouija board.

I have a bad memory sometimes, damn hole in the head, but when I finally remember something, all the details come flooding back into the pit! LOL!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

what is the city you are from?
would you say she could be from a cult?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I lived in Omaha back then when it happened.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

She could have been involved in a cult, but I don't think she wanted to be a cult. I think she could have been a foster child or orphan, and some cult or demonist group or even people in contact with aliens or something. I had a feeling that somehow these people were connected with the State, at minimal the school system. Like an underground shadow operation to use orphans or victimed children for their own needs. Sexual/brainwashing/sacrificial/trafficking to other states or crime syndicates. I was always curious as to why the man didn't fore me to go to the woods, he just let me leave. So I think he had what he wanted already but offered me to join them, Like Katie could either be their key to w/e spiritual for having a gift, or they were making her abilities stronger through training, idk. I wish I could go with them now to find out. At least a way to track down these people.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Snarl that's pretty Trippy Man! It would be freakin' Me out still every time I thought about it!! like WOW!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

not that reply gave me goosebumps

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Oh Skid. The story I dropped in on page 2 was just something for You to read when Your bored sometime. Not really scary, But it's a Dragon Tale! LOL!!! I'm finishing up on a creepy one now. I'll have it in a little while for Ya......

ETA: Cool I beat the edit time!

Ok. This is not so much scary but eery and interesting. But it is to Me. No Not another Dragon Tale! Ok So here goes:

When I lived in Moline Illinois, part of the Quad Cities, several yrs ago A friend of ours from Alaska came to visit Us. My wife met her online over like 16 yrs ago or so. The gal is a White Witch. No casting of bad spells. More of a Healer.

One night for something to do, we decided to crack out the Ouija board. The witch cast protection spells for us before we used the board. White candles all around and the whole shot. While questioning the board we came up with names of people who either lived in our house, built in 1887, or names of supposed aqquaintances of My wifes parents.

(I should add that while we lived there, we had sounds of like boots, maybe wooden heeled cowboy boots that would walk up and down our stairs to the second floor. Sounded just like wood on wood. Weird thing about that is the stairs were carpeted! Sounds of a ball bouncing down those stairs and SLAMMING into the wall at the foot of those stairs!)
Lot's of other cool stuff went on too, but that's for another time.

Back to intended story;

The spirit that was 'driving' the board was named Quinn. We got no responses as to whether that was a first or last name. He was the first contact. The other names were of supposed tenants of the house we were in. Marcus, a 12 year old slave, and Winnie 36 year old slave and Mother of Marcus.

Can't remember the year they lived there though.

After we were finished, The witch cast closing spells. Supposedly that seals the rift that was opened for contact.

Now you have probably noticed I used the word 'supposedly' in this tale often, right? That's because while I fully believe in a Spirit World, ( I am not religious) I have always been pretty skeptical of those boards. In fact, I was the one asking questions and did not put My hands on the Planchet!

My wife and her friend wrote down the questions for Me to ask.

Later that night we were closing the curtains and on one of the windows was an odd image. like when kids rub their greasy faces and hands on a window it is all smudged up, right? well the smudges looked exactly like a small boys face. African! If it was NOT some kind of impression from Marcus, it was one hell of a case of Pareidolia!!!

Literally everyone who saw it saw and described the same face! Right down to the outline of the hair curls! We did not tell them what we saw. We told them to just look and let us know what THEY saw!

Ok that was the first strange thing. The second happened when we went a cemetery the next day. My wife does Geneology and likes to find people's stones for dates, names etc. We went to visit someone who she was lookin for and found the grave marker she was after. The next row over and only one stone down had the Name Quinn on it!!!

CC Freaked Out!!! I was Tripping out Myself and the Gal from alaska just smiled then said, Well there Ya go! LOL!!

edit on 15-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Back in the mid 1980s I was in the Army stationed in Japan. Two of my friends and I decided that we were going to go to Kamakura to see The Great Buddha for the Bonodori festival (that's the festival that celebrates the dead relatives). We had to get on the Japanese rails and figure out how to get there and back on our own. We made it to Kamakura and saw the Great Buddha but then got lost in the town.

We found ourselves in an old part of the town where we stumbled on a very old cemetery. It was tucked away behind a wall on top of a hill, very dark because it was fully shaded by huge trees, lots of moss and a smell of 'old leaves' and things like that. We wandered in and saw an old japanese man and a white cat sitting on a huge rock in the middle of the cemetery. We saw that the tombstones had been freshly scrubbed and offerings left for the relatives. We walked up to the old man and asked if it was okay to take pictures of the tombs and that we didn't want to offend anyone.

The man answered in perfect English, with a New England accent, that it was fine and to go right ahead. We looked at the tombstones and looked back at the man and he had vanished. Just the cat was sitting there. We took our pictures and left, wandering around town looking for the train station. On the train ride back I mentioned how strange it was to find an old Japanese fella who spoke perfect English and how strange it was that he had a New England accent (where I was from). One of my friends was from Georgia and she said that he had a Southern accent. The other friend was from Iowa and said that he had a Mid West accent. We all thought it was strange how he instantly vanished. We are pretty sure we spoke to a ghost that day.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Oh wow that's weird. I have this image of someone drilling a hole in his head to put wires in.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

That was really sad.

I can see that you love dragons. Have you thought of publishing your dragon stories?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: grumpy64

That's a weird coincidence. Thanks for sharing that. I liked it.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The next row over and only one stone down had the Name Quinn on it!!!

I was going to ask if you researched previous owners of the house. I wonder if he was the one. Some people talk about how foolish people that believe in ghosts are. I bet they've seen at least one and explained it away or at least didn't realize it. I can't help but believe. I've seen a lot of stuff.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That was really weird, especially how he had a different accent for all of you. I wonder if someone from Mexico had been with you if he'd have heard Spanish instead of English.

Thanks for your service.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

That Story had a few different things going on it,
that ended up changin as I went along.
It ended up more somber than I had intended.
But I liked it so left it alone instead of making any changes.
And Yes, I love Dragons.

No I haven't got that much confidence yet to try to go' Pro'. LOL!
But, if Ya liked it and want some more Dragon Tales, I have some in My profile.
I have a few non dragon stories there too. Well they aren't strictly about a Dragon.
I Have a WereWolf Tale I think You'd like called, "The Walk!

Later, Syx.

edit on 15-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Ya know we never did. There was always so much happening around there between the ghost, shadow figures out of the corners of My eyes, (which would take a page to describe how they looked, felt, vibrated as they passed by. The air would shimmer!! Just a lot of freaky ass stuff!! LMAO!!! And NO, I was not on Acid when these things happened. LOL!!

CC did see a full body apparition!! Probably more than once. Hell My memory is gettin so bad I forget what it was I forgot, that I was supposed to remember LOL!! I bet if Ya ask Her she would tell ya some stuff!

I say about those People who, (From You) " talk about how foolish people that believe in ghosts are. I bet they've seen at least one and explained it away or at least didn't realize it.", that they have the "No-Way! I refuse to believe that. The Government didn't say that was true, etc...." Syndrome!! LOL!!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If My Son saw that with You, He would react to how Weird and Creepy it was by most likely either Screaming Like a Little Girl, (and he would admit it!) or Running away brushing off His arms, neck, and everywhere else He could! Or BOTH!!! He'd Brush off so fast You would think He had no arms! LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There are some interesting stories on these two threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Cool. I'll go check it out.
There should be short story magazines out there. I was going to suggest a fantasy magazine I knew of but it was closed down, I guess. The worst they can do is send you a rejection letter. If you keep shopping around you're bound to find something.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join