It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Police officers shot near Ferguson Police Department during protest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yup I think it was only about 60 yards that a handgun become a little less effective (meaning it's harder to hit a target) you can shoot and hit a target further out then that I know I've done that when at a range and just having a little fun with friend seeing how far we could push an little 9mm out to and still keep a good grouping.

I'd still liked to know the caliber used, they should be able to get a idea of what it was from the wound depending on what ammo type was used. Is there any info yet out yet as to where the two police where shot? I figure since both are reported as wounded it didn't strike body armor. The removes a chest hit, the one police I saw being taken by the EMT had not head bandages so no head wound. That leave the lower half of the body, shoulders and arms.

ADDED: ok the report one was hit in the face, no picture of him so no idea where or how bad and the other was hit on the shoulder. Guessing the one I saw in the picture being carried out by EMT.
edit on 12-3-2015 by ObjectZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Someone needs to double check all this but if this is a map of this location and from the video of the shooting and what the woman said about these shots coming from "the hill", I think this is where she might be talking about. Again, double check I even have the right map and then check the video and make sure.

The big red circle is the Hill and the location marker is the PD.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I dont wish for anyone to get shot, i hope everybody comes out ok.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

32 year old officer was shot in the face, 41 year old officer was shot in the shoulder. as of 30 minutes ago, yahoo news is still reporting them as being in "serious condition" according to the most recent presser.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

One in the face and the other in the shoulder and they are in serious, but not life threatening condition. I'm watching the news, but they're not really giving any more than that right now, just repeating the same details.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm reading on various-message-boards carrying this ... Ferguson-News:

The majority are placing motivated-blame on ... Ferguson-Blacks.

HOWEVER

Aren't there Multiple-Gun-n-Ammo-Grab'n-Groups hoping to take advantage ???

Interestingly, it was only yesterday that I posted ...
"ATF Elimination Act ..."

( i.e. it's a hellava crime; clearly warranting the best-unbiased-investigators on the planet )

edit on 12-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

One in the face and the other in the shoulder and they are in serious, but not life threatening condition. I'm watching the news, but they're not really giving any more than that right now, just repeating the same details.

My question...this happened on Wednesday evening, right?

So...do they have protests every day in Ferguson?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well if they find spent brass there we should get a quick ID on the caliber. That shot seems pretty risky to take. The footage from the shooting puts the person holding the camera right in the middle. That means the shooter had little care for the people around or thought s/he was a pretty good shot. That or they have the wrong area selected.

Ok looking at the footage again you can hear at the end the police call out that they think the shooter is on the hill and the person with the camera repeat it back. Poor person holding the camera was in the middle. You can tell this by the way the camera moves. The police are on the left side of them when the shots go off they look to the right on reflex (normal reflex for people to look at a sound the surprises them).

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Protesting the resignation, which I thought is something those protesting wanted. A grassy knoll? the deck needs a reshuffling.

My money is on an idiot as a shooter.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Why would any police officers still work in that god forsaken city? I sure wouldn't. They should abandon it to mob rule like the citizens want.

link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
Going to be interesting seeing the way this develops!

Considering the report that just came out that was quite damning about the institutional rasicsm plagueing this departmement and that the police chief just stepped down as well as other public officials, I find this to be quite the suspicious timing and a way to drum up support for the police.

www.nytimes.com...

The chief, Thomas Jackson, who took over the Ferguson Police Department five years ago, becomes the latest high-ranking city official to fall in the wake of a scathing Justice Department report that accused the city of using its municipal court and police force as moneymaking tools that routinely violated constitutional rights and disproportionately targeted blacks. The municipal judge and city manager, as well as the top court clerk and two police supervisors, have stepped down in the wake of the report’s release last week

That JD report has got to be theater. They had nothing on Wilson, so they paint the whole department as racist simply because they issue a lot of tickets in a dominantly black town.

link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
I hate to say it but and eye for an eye...

This is what the TPTB wanted. Releasing that report just riled the people up even more
NOW their going for blood and think they are in the right.. It is a dangerous thing.
The people their think now they have to spill blood to change the system..

Are they right? They could be. Maybe not

screw the police in general

Ya, the good reverends Al and Jesse should be there at anytime today to protest those senseless shootings of the cops. Since law enforcement is that bad in Ferguson, they should all just walk out and let the citizens police themselves. When they kill each other there's no b!tching about black on black crime, black lives only matter when it's taken by a white cop. Then within five years Ferguson will become another Detroit and they all can live happily ever after.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

I'll agree with you that there is a divide and defining the tension would be a stretch. More like a powder keg with a lit fuse which has disappeared into the barrel already.

I expect blame to be assigned. What I can't figure is why someone hasn't made the first move (since that is usually the one that wins).

I'd also expect there are at least two uncooperative/competitive investigations taking place.

Upsetting the police power structure in Ferguson prior to a certain party shooting a couple of cops ... coup de grâce if you ask me. Smells like DOJ, but who knows. Fast and Furious was a scratch in the surface of how shady they can get.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Protesting the resignation, which I thought is something those protesting wanted. A grassy knoll? the deck needs a reshuffling.

My money is on an idiot as a shooter.

I looked over the area in street view to match the camera angle, the grassy hill does not look like the location of the shooter. I think the shooter was more likely on Tiffan Ave.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So do you think my map is basically correct in what I was going for?? The camera woman being around the intersection area or parking lot across the street. She turns and looks back and maybe to the right a bit. Toward her forward left being the PD??

If that is the rough area and direction I can't see anywhere else that could be called the hill other than there.

***I just saw your post about Tiffan Ave. which kinda answered my question above..
edit on 12-3-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi
a reply to: Bone75

I will say it too you as well. When you shoot someone who doesn't want to be shot it is called murder. No amount of fancy word manipulation will justify the act.

Brown was reaching for the gun and beating him- fact. Wilson had every right to defend himself- fact. Get over it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I think (I'm not an imagery analyst) that the person running the posted video was pretty close to Tiffin Ave. Closer I'd say than she was to that grassy knoll (which seemed to be behind her). From the video, you can't tell where the shots were coming from, but she did pan almost 180 degrees at one point (probably looking for the shooter).
edit on 1232015 by Snarl because: Autocorrect

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The shooter or shooters were signaled by the car horn, just like the Oswald shooting.

Ferguson: www.youtube.com...

Oswald: www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Yup looks about right. The person holding the camera was on the corner across from the shopping center. Tiffan Ave is up the hill like grass area. Most likely placing the shooter on the sidewalk on Tiffan Ave. up past the shopping center. Go to google street view go up Tiffan Ave about one click and look back. There is a clear shot. Where as the hill is a much harder shot. Know I don't know of many people trying to make things harder for them self. Also if protesters gather on the hill it should be easy to find someone that saw the shooter. Pulling weapon out draw attention. Also the camera points up Tiffan Ave not back up to the hill. which she would have had to turn around to point the camera at not to the right.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

more reports of it coming from up Tiffin Ave. and sorry it is "Tiffin Ave" not Tiffan.

Taking measurements of the two areas the hill the protesters is 132yards away. Tiffin Ave 100 yards.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join