It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
a reply to: nonspecific

Here's a funny thing. Because of monitors pointed at me, my hearing is destroyed. I can't make out much of that except "bombshell" and "what the hell" but I [expletive] LIKE IT!!! wooooooooooooooooo!

Thank you SO much. I love to discover music new to me. Especially music that makes my head bob.

Its poorly recorded early Rancid, it's not you thats pretty much what you get other than a few "oh yeah's"

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I was curious what grabbed so many stars... and lookee, man, I love Neil... a whole lot... so many shivers from that man... thank you kindly!

That and ABBA was funny to me, though, as they were the kings of the pop charts years ago... not exactly unknown, heh... makes me feel as old as I almost am, heh. So oldies that are now buried work, too.

In that light... here...

The Cars - Candy-O

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Also the growling guitars in this little gem have always struck just the right chords with me. Interestingly, Leslie West supposedly got this sound originally from some PA equipment that he had to rig to play through last minute because his amp didn't show up for the gig. I don't remember the details, but it was a good story. Man, I wish I could get just that certain growl that he does on those first chords...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

That's cool too, though I 'feel' the music from the mid '70s most of all. Thanks. I definitely lived through all that stuff and enjoyed it too!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I liked that one very very much. Yummy.

Okay, here one I love back... I love this, adore this...

Dramarama - Anything

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Adore everything from The Pixies... they are played everyday in my house... their playlist is listed as "Pixies are the voice of god" ... you get the picture.

Okay, here back... totally unappreciated but his spin off Cracker is great, too...

Camper Van Beethoven -Born in a Laundrymat

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

How could I possibly forget Dramarama???? I am 57 years old, and plead a serious case of CRS. That won't get better with age.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

And I just wanted to say the 45 of Take a Chance On Me was one of my first music purchases when I was a Tween.

Awesome song... perfect pop. Lady can surprise me as I usually don't much like anything that reaches top 40, but there are exceptions.. always... so thanks.

and WTbengineer that Mountain song was good.. .very good. I do miss that meaty, carefully crafted sound of the 70's. Good example, thank you.

Now I'm stuck on the full album from Dramarama (Cinema Verite) though... I was going out for dinner and now am smoking and bobbing my head to this stuff... I hope there's a lot more to come over time

edit on 3/10/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The transplants and pennywise? Do you guys work for Faction
Good stuff, though.

Here's the music I like that almost nobody else seems to enjoy.. Crust

And since I'm gearing up for SoWo, some Trap.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I have a penchant for down-to-earth non-gimmicky bands - ie: just a group of musicians jamming in their jeans and t-shirts doing their thing. Those are the musicians that tend to not make the Top 100 charts.

The rebels, the non-conformers.

Which is probably why I'm a lover of the blues too...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

well on that note...

i have a crush on the blonde in this one

a band i love called lord huron

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Agreed... me too.

That's why the punk and garage sounds from the late 70's and 80's resonate with me so much...best of raw expression.

Love me Hooker, too ... I am most comfy in the Alt section, but range through everything... as long as it sounds good.

I'll be playing it soon... Cinema Verite is almost over... that album is phenomenal.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Never heard of Lord Huron! Thanks... those NY songs are wonderful... to be heard

Okay.. .that was cool! TY

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Cool... Crust and Trap... two musical descriptors I know veeery little about... Crust was industrial thrash in my day (adjusts his Depends urine diaper) Trap was Trance (and what added to make Trap?) ... dunno .... sounds new to my ear holes, so great. I like both of those a whole lot... something new and unkown... slick and dancy... awesome and thanks.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Lord Huron's Lonesome Dreams album is honestly one of my favorite albums of all time. One of those you can play from start to finish. Here are a few more that come to mind...I like OSTs as well.

A beautiful, yet haunting song from a great movie

My favorite to play on piano

Wish I had an 11 string to play this

Even though this has been heard by millions, I couldn't resist. Gives me the best feeling in the world.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Wow, that was a most unexpected reply haha! I'm glad you liked them. And you're not exactly wrong with your take on the genres. Trap, from what I've gathered, is very 808/varying bassline/ fast hi-hat oriented EDM. And that crust is actually (and yes this is a funny name for it lol) blackened crust. Basically gritty punk/hardcore/d-beat/black metal hybrid. That's about a mouthful, isnt it?

This is breakcore with an excellent female singer. How such a beautiful operatic voice can transition to those raw screams and back again is amazing to me.

This is I guess what's known as 'chill trap'. Idk ... I'm still pretty new to it.

edit on 11-3-2015 by Ashirah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This band seriously jams.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>