It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A list of occult practices. Can you add to the list?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

You missed Shamanism and Voodoo....

btw...got a little surprise waiting for you this afternoon.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I do wonder if in the tiny minds of zealots who claim to be spreading the love of Christ, they realize that when they step up on their soap box and claim superiority and absolute reverence such as this, they alienate more would be followers than they ever might convert. It's like a window into the real agenda, but by mistake.

I for one am just glad that the general "Christians" have separated themselves from the fundamental zealots who embody more of the characteristics of Satan (the adversary) than that of Christ the king.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

You missed Shamanism and Voodoo....

btw...got a little surprise waiting for you this afternoon.

Yes, do please add shamanism to the list, DeathSlayer. Hilarity will ensue when I point out that Jesus was a shaman.

👣

edit on 668TuesdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruTuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can add a couple you have missed. Not really occult but modern ways of manipulation.

Lucid dreaming
Neuroliguistic programming(NLP)

and of course the most famous

Whatever the hell you would call the secret. is it think and you will get?,
no
it's
manifestation.

there's my contribution.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
a reply to: DJW001

Oh my, you must not have read the whole story.

He arose from the dead. That's why we celebrate Easter.

Easter is also pagan in origin. In more modern times, the word Easter comes from Eastre(Eostre, Ishtar), the goddess of spring. The egg symbolizes re-birth, fertility, and so on. Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome and Persia dyed eggs for their Spring festival. You could also add Semiramis tale of coming back to earth in an egg. The Easter bunny also a symbol of fertility, because of its high reproduction rate. The whole holiday is steeped in paganism, and was adapted to fit Christianity.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So Christians get together, close their eyes, and ask for help from their deity, it's called prayer but if Wiccans do it, it's an"occult practice?" LOL. Okay.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamieeric
I can add a couple you have missed. Not really occult but modern ways of manipulation.

Lucid dreaming

no
it's
manifestation.

there's my contribution.

Hello there and welcome, I would be interested in why you belive that NLP would be considered occult please?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Hi,

not really occult but considering occult seems to equate to - not many people know/practice it, and it is a way of changing thought patterns I think it ties in quite well. Same can be said for cognitive therapy.

If hypnosis is first on the list I think these belong too.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Lucid dreaming

no
it's
manifestation.

there's my contribution.

Hello there and welcome, I would be interested in why you belive that NLP would be considered occult please?

It's because they don't understand how hypnosis and nlp work. Therefore, they become tools of the devil, and "occult".

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

And thank you for the welcome, I also see you location. I am in Cornwall.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Hi,

not really occult but considering occult seems to equate to - not many people know/practice it, and it is a way of changing thought patterns I think it ties in quite well. Same can be said for cognitive therapy.

If hypnosis is first on the list I think these belong too.

Would you not say though that the fact it was created as a business and heavily marketed and therefore open for anyone to see it could not really be considered occult.

The reason that not many people practice it is because it doesn't work not because it is occult.

Hypnosis is not an occult art either in any sense of the word.

Not that far south west, it's a less embarrasing way of saying Swindon

edit on 10/3/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

yes this is why if you are going to include hypnosis you have to include all the other thought tools that aren't really common knowledge too. 1500 years ago pagan practices in the UK wouldn't have been occult they would have been the norm.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I agree totally with your argument. However I would point out that it does work, in the same way hypnosis works, you have to want it to. There are many ways to change thought pathways but ALL of them need the subject to want it.

I'll agree it is not occult.

How about hermeticism..

can we add that?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Also leading on from the rosicrusion element freemasonry is occult?
edit on 10-3-2015 by jamieeric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I agree totally with your argument. However I would point out that it does work, in the same way hypnosis works, you have to want it to. There are many ways to change thought pathways but ALL of them need the subject to want it.

I'll agree it is not occult.

How about hermeticism..

can we add that?

It's not my list but we can apparently add anything that is not in the bible and maybe some things that are.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

How cults recruit & indoctrinate their members

1. Invitation to a non-threatening event

Cult recruiters never give you the hard sell right off the bat.
The invitation might incorporate some other tricks.  

2. Love-bombing

At the event, cult members shower the potential recruit with attention and praise.

3. Dangling "The Prize" in front of you

At some point, cult members will suggest that if you join or study with them, you can attain something special

At the event, the members will all seem very happy, and you'll probably be introduced to some "success stories

4. Extracting an agreement from you that you want the prize

After  introducing the prize, they get you to agree that you want it

"You do want to become financially independent, don't you?"

5. Shutting down your dissent by threatening to withhold the prize

You'll be encouraged to do things that you might rather not, like devote more of your time to the group.

When Sarah raised an objection and she tried to get her money back, and the Leader came back with, "Let’s talk about this. Why do you feel this way? What could you be resisting in your life? What if 'I want my money back' is just a story you are telling yourself?"

6. Establishment of guilt

The prisoners had so successfully been made to feel guilty that they came to blame themselves for their own incarceration.

7. Carrot/Stick

Behavior is reinforced by rewarding "good" behavior and punishing "bad" behavior.

8. Control of identity, information, environment the inner circle 

link   

Now I get to thinking of the definition of occult I have to ask.

What about Tai Chi, Feng Shui and all the other Asian arts that require a "force or energy" that cannot be defined.

Also that crazy nut that talked about orgone energy or the idiots that propose the "electric universe" or the water memory people. Is that occult. Is fringe science.

I will point out at this stage I believe what is proven, am not a nut - am a total fanatic for debunking things.

link   

Now I get to thinking of the definition of occult I have to ask.

What about Tai Chi, Feng Shui and all the other Asian arts that require a "force or energy" that cannot be defined.

Also that crazy nut that talked about orgone energy or the idiots that propose the "electric universe" or the water memory people. Is that occult. Is fringe science.

I will point out at this stage I believe what is proven, am not a nut - am a total fanatic for debunking things.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jamieeric

i believe originally not, now yes.
read the old scripts I think they have been so twisted

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Agree, bible, torah and quran are just guides to living and the laws for the times they were written. They are not so relevent today - read leviticus for some really shocking stuff. The new testament may be based on truth and probably is but history and the recording of it is always biased.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join