It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See who stars a post.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a "sockpuppet" in forum terms is someone who creates multiple accounts and uses them to fill a thread with messages of support for the poster's original account.

... and the use of them will get the member banned. It's against the rules.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I agree with everything Railgun said. Always.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

You can see who encourages star baiters and people who star controversial things but are too cowardly to back it up with a comment.

How does "starring" but not commenting make one cowardly?

And what's with all the posts recently about increasing the regulation of the site?

Must be government shills.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It would be a nice way to get people to take accountability for the topics they star

Accountability for starring a post on an anonymous forum?

Some one must be hurt by what is getting starred, as if it really means anything.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

a "sockpuppet" in forum terms is someone who creates multiple accounts and uses them to fill a thread with messages of support for the poster's original account.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

*IF*

You catch them.

I can think of a few easy ways you can do this without getting caught. I wont list them publicly as I dont want to give any ideas.

Now I can agree with the problem people have brought up. And sort of agree in some regards.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

You can see who encourages star baiters and people who star controversial things but are too cowardly to back it up with a comment.

How does "starring" but not commenting make one cowardly?

And what's with all the posts recently about increasing the regulation of the site?

Must be government shills.

O FFS

People really do take things to the letter don't they?

Do I have to freaking spell everything out?

NO not commenting is not always a sign or cowardice there are many reasons. I was just stating ONE, JUST ONE reason that I thought was cowardly.

Of course there are many reasonable reasons too.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

It would be a nice way to get people to take accountability for the topics they star

Some one must be hurt by what is getting starred, as if it really means anything.

Yup that's what Im getting out of the op.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

No I am just interesting to see who are the real hypocrites on ATS or as Railgun said who are the sock puppets.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Thanks Charlie, I appreciate that.

My phone does have both, phone and desktop version. I use the desktop version, although it's a little cramped up on a small screen.

Thanks again for the info, which was helpful.....and the "Welcome"!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Yup that's what Im getting out of the op.

Well you assumption is as is normal about me IS WRONG.

I have no reason to be jealous or bothered about my star to post ratio.

My reason in the OP are perfectly spelled out with NO alternative motive.

edit on 2-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

No I am just interesting to see who are the real hypocrites on ATS or as Railgun said who are the sock puppets.

I doubt that would show you if there were illegal sock puppets. I would imagine a lot of the same people go around and star the same other people all the time. That doesn't mean those accounts are sock accounts. It just means they agree with the poster a bunch. Sorry, but I don't see how it would 'out' anything.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I agree with everything Railgun said. Always.

Aww, senpai noticed me!

a reply to: FlyersFan

Aha. That's a great policy to have, thanks for the clarification. Makes me feel a little better. I know you mods have a rough job and I appreciate the work you do.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I doubt that would show you if there were illegal sock puppets. I would imagine a lot of the same people go around and star the same other people all the time. That doesn't mean those accounts are sock accounts. It just means they agree with the poster a bunch. Sorry, but I don't see how it would 'out' anything.

You may be right. I will concede that.

What you would see though are pattern maybe to watch. Not to take action though unless other indicators appear.

But yes that MAY bot be worth it.

Least you are putting valid points forward against this rather than knee jerk typical one word or sentence arsesy comments from people id "expect".

link   
Instead of seeing who may have starred a post (as if it really matters) a "negative" star might calm those feelings that some have.

*gives everyone an internet hug who is wearing cranky-pants*

link   

I sooooo wish that would happen.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Instead of seeing who may have starred a post (as if it really matters) a "negative" star might calm those feelings that some have.

*gives everyone an internet hug who is wearing cranky-pants*

Im 50/50 on that too.

I could see that being abused so that certain members could gang up on other posters and sink and thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Instead, just take away as much advertising as possible. No i don't know what it takes to run a forum, a fairly popular forum with a lot of traffic at that. Perhaps ATS may be a full time job for some of you, in the staff?

Quick question, do staff members of ATS have to put up with as much advertising BS as a regular forum visitor? Or are staffers able to bypass some how?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: crazyewok

We all know when a someone puts up a racist comment or worse someone will will always star it

Yes indeed that does piss me off slightly, I'd also like to know who stars such and why...

I do it sometimes. Personally i find a lot of things on here not racist even when 15 other members shout it's racist. I like people who just say it like it is even though it might hurt someone's feelings or it may not be PC so i star them to say good job, don't be afraid to speak up (i don't necessarily agree with them, sometimes i might)

Most of the time i star posts i agree with and funny ones, those are my favorite. And I don't really need to know who stars my posts.

edit on 2-3-2015 by Exitt because: .

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: southernplayalistic

From my understanding, mods see the same website regular users do, ads and all. They simply have additional tools to keep the boards operating under current ATS T&C.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Good idea......Really this is a darn good idea. I think having more statistical data is a great idea.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join