It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See who stars a post.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ouch this topic is getting a bit heated, the mods already deal with enough drama they do as they see fit whether you like it or not like one poster mentioned above you can always write in your post that you gave a star for set post!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
Mandatory avatars.

"Peer" vetting of members.

Non-repudiation for stars and flags.

These BB threads are becoming as interesting as the CT threads.

You know? This is what C. Chaplin was talking about in that Great Dictator speech that you all love so much. The message of that film is that facism starts at home.

I totally agree. It's all so ironic coming from a CT board.....

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: Bybyots
Mandatory avatars.

"Peer" vetting of members.

Non-repudiation for stars and flags.

These BB threads are becoming as interesting as the CT threads.

You know? This is what C. Chaplin was talking about in that Great Dictator speech that you all love so much. The message of that film is that facism starts at home.

I totally agree. It's all so ironic coming from a CT board.....
What good is a CT board without it's own, internal conspiracies?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well I think ATS has spoken and the thread should be closed.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
5th page.

8 flags.

Makes no sence.

Lets get rid of stars all together.

Instead of starring, this would create more participation from members.

Instead of giving a star, they can actually articulate themselves with actual words on why one agrees with another members post.
edit on 2-3-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
5th page.

8 flags.

Makes no sence.

Right, I'm surprised it got 1 I demand to know who would flag this!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

All I can envision coming from what you suggest is it causing members to go after each other about who they are giving stars, instead of debating the topic.

Other members are never the topic here and there simply is no reason to make who stars who public. In my opinion your real reason is transparent and no amount of justifying it by insulting volunteer mods or accusations against other members will change that.

You are in fact on a witch hunt right now IMO. You pretty much say so in your OP and we will have to agree to disagree.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

You can see who encourages star baiters and people who star controversial things but are too cowardly to back it up with a comment.
We all know when a someone puts up a racist comment or worse someone will will always star it, be fun to see who.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

No stars...interesting....

link   
I thought stars were nothing more then people agreeing with the opinion in the post. No different then a one line reply of 'I agree' or 'yes'.

Guess I have taken this star system all wrong.

edit on 3/2/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

link   
It is certainly rather ironic that certain members on a CT site are all for curbing free speech and asking for more moderation.

In this world of privacy invasions, surely it is imperative that we uphold the right to freedom of speech and opinion, there are already T&C for regulating content and behaviour.

Need I reference Aldous Huxley and Hunger Games?
edit on 2-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

5th page.

8 flags.

Makes no sence.

I flagged. Not because I agree with the OP, but because I feel it was worth discussing.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I totally agree. It's all so ironic coming from a CT board....

ATS is making me into an SME on irony.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

5th page.

8 flags.

Makes no sence.

What im saying is, hot topics should stay hot due to member participation.

Like I said there are great topics, with great debates, but they get slept on because of lack of flags.

Flags should indicate member participation.

Because on this forum, people think just because they flag a post, they agree with it.

Get rid of stars all together.

If you participate in a thread, it should get a automatic flag. And people who enjoy the thread can flag it too.

This way, it can make it to the home page.

Screw stars.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah, no. Stupid idea. What good would it serve? Seeing that someone you like agreed with your rival instead of you? For what purpose is that even necessary, clique approval? What is this, elementary school?

No really, everyone advocating stupid crap lately like the vetting system idea or seeing the star/flag sources is just being juvenile & petty now. Do I star well-thought out posts? Yes. Do I star posts pushing the boundaries of PCness? Oh certainly, the funnier they are especially. You get props from me from being concise, for being intelligent, for being blunt & to the point, for making your point with line-toeing humor. Does it matter that you see my name with the star? Again, for what purpose does it serve? Convoluted e-peen stroking, self-esteem bolstering, what?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: crazyewok
I would also like away to balance mod bias too. I see plenty of posts removed that are either borderline or shouldn't be and other posts that are out right T&C no no's that don't.

That's because you aren't privy to staff discussions. This is getting old. We get crapped on by conservatives, liberals, religious, atheists, etc. People only see staff actions from their own perspective. The VAST staff deals with ALL issues. We have too many differing opinions to have a "bias".

Well I think that could be fixed by staff maybe giving a specific reason on why a post was removed and the exact T&C violated ?

In some ways these behind the scene staff judgement resemble secret courts.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

All you have to do is message the mod and ask.

link   

Well I think ATS has spoken and the thread should be closed.

So now you want censorship?

Or are you a mod now?

I was just throwing a idea out for discussion.

Pro and cons.

You have added neither just insult.

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I would also like away to balance mod bias too. I see plenty of posts removed that are either borderline or shouldn't be and other posts that are out right T&C no no's that don't.

That's because you aren't privy to staff discussions. This is getting old. We get crapped on by conservatives, liberals, religious, atheists, etc. People only see staff actions from their own perspective. The VAST staff deals with ALL issues. We have too many differing opinions to have a "bias".

Well I think that could be fixed by staff maybe giving a specific reason on why a post was removed and the exact T&C violated ?

And the member that has been actioned can ask for a reason and be given one. If that's not you, it's none of your business.

link   

Instead of starring, this would create more participation from members.

Instead of giving a star, they can actually articulate themselves with actual words on why one agrees with another members post.

You know what Id 100% support this.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
by insulting volunteer mods

Where have I done that?

I have made no accusations or insults at ANY specific mods.

Mods are human they will make errors no matter how good the staff are. I was just discussing reducing human error.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join