It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Israeli Insult

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sueloujo

Just read that too. How can anyone watch what is going on and not see who is cooperating and who is not? Israel pays lip service to peace. This guy doesn't want peace. It's bad for business.

He's the condescending one. The one who blocks Palestinian talks and Iranian talks and makes the mess he then expects us to help him clean up or perpetuate.

That anyone falls for the lies and deceit here and has been falling for them for so long are so far beyond my ability to comprehend that I don't even try anymore.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I know..I agree..how Americans put up with sending billions of taxpayers dollars to this warmonger is beyond me. It's like israel is using Americans as their slaves and laughing up their sleeves. I always refer to the video when Bibi was caught by secret camera saying to some Israeli people that he has America under his thumb and America will do as he says.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It's funny how people in some parts of the world, the non-aligned parts for the most part, see Israel as the U.S.'s proxy and in other parts see it as the the other way around, which was more obvious in this case as our Congress treated Netanyahu like some imperial ruler of the universe or something. Where is their dignity and loyalty> And where the hell is the truth in all this?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

This is not making the US look weak.

That has been happening for years...

Regarding Iranian Nuclear negotiations: How often has any negotiations, anywhere, at any time actually solved a problem? In the vast majority of cases all negotiations have accomplished in the past was the opportunity for the weak to play the stronger nation for a fool.

Regarding Netanyahoo....

I have no problem with him coming here and speaking. Are we not a nation that believes in freedom of speech?

NO! Silence him! He is speaking of things I do not wish to hear!

lol If you choose not to believe him, that is fine...that's your business. If I choose to believe him or not, that is my business. If we choose to silence him, that is everyone's business and not a good business at that.

It's the people who are wholly uninformed that I worry about...uninformed, ignorant and choosing to remain so.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Methinks you make too much of it.

It has been clear since practically day one that Obama and Net do not play well together.

The repubs saw an opportunity to blacken Obama's eye and Obama jumped on the opportunity to act insulted.

It's all about one-upmanship and Net was just campaigning for the coming election in Israel.

Regarding Iran and nukes...It is our fight, so to speak. We planted that flag long ago. Are you also of the mind that it is fine and dandy that North Korea has nukes?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I would have had no issue with him coming to speak before our elected officials if protocol had been followed. Boehner was out of line, disrespectful and, in my opinion, childish as usual.

Nowhere did I say to silence him.

And the most ironic thing of all is that most of the people at the speech on the floor of Congress already heard the same thing anyway at AIPAC the day before. And heard it for the last 30 years, years over which time no one has ever tried a new tactic that didn't involve war, and now that someone has, he doesn't like it, see a chink in the wall that he can stick his finger in and pull.

The last time Israel agreed to peace was what, Egypt, over 40 years ago? They want it their way and only their way. And they means only half the people of Israel and mainly the Likud party anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Is is ok that we are sending more billions of dollars to the Palestinians?

The Palestinians, as a group, collect more in welfare than any country or group of people in the world.

The oddest part of that is that when you add up all the support Arab countries contribute combined, it is less than what Norway contributes. What is up with that?

It is my thought that we should stop sending billions of dollars to any nation or people.... all we are doing is trying to buy influence....this inevitably results in resentment or a sense of entitlement.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

They don't play well together because they fundamentally disagree on diplomacy and the definition of imminent threat.

And see above.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Is is ok that we are sending more billions of dollars to the Palestinians?

Source?

ETA: And when you source, it please include what the money was for. Thank you.
edit on 3/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Exactly...which is why this is much todo about nuttin... Nothing more than political grandstanding and one upmanship.

We need to get rid of all of Washington and, as a people, take back our govt.

We have Boner being as a$$ and Obumer crapping all over the constitution. I wont even discuss the absolute and total ignorance displayed by Pelosi...

Enough is enough!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

International support to Palestinians in 2014 from U.S.A = Nil

fas.org...

Military aid to Israel 2014 = $3.1 billion that is $8.5 million a day???????????

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Ah, interesting. It has been many years since I looked at this data. Unfortunately I cannot find international numbers for Israel. The google derived data focuses on US aid to Israel which is sufficient. I stand corrected in my statement. I am sure the numbers I previously looked at did not include military aid.

2013 total international aid to the Palestinians $1.25 billion dollars (seems that aid in 2014 was down significatntly or the figures are not complete)

Source

According to the Huffington Post, US aid to Israel was over 3 billion. This includes military.

Tip 'o the hat

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yes...I noticed that. As I said above it has been a long time since I looked at the numbers.

I am pretty sure that the numbers I looked at previously did not include military aid but addressed economic aid solely. At that time the US was heavily subsidizing the Palestinian economy as was the EU. It appears that the EU has also backed off on Palestinian aid.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Obviously, a country who was directly attacked and almost defeated would consider a country developing nukes in the area as a significanty higher threat level than one half way around the world.... That kinda goes without saying.

Iran has stated on numerous times that Israel should be destroyed.... when they start building nukes, should anyone be concerned?

I find the US's and the international community's weak approach to preventing nuclear proliferation in a part of the world that is inherently unstable, not to mention uncivilized, dismaying.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So we await the full figures for 2015 ....47 million laughable especially when you look at the figures for israel's "military aid". The world is mad when children are dying of starvation in Gaza and considering israel say they are a very profitable country and self-sufficient.The palestinians have also stated that this money has been promised but has yet to be seen and nothing is allowed through to help them rebuild.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It was the fact that you said USA sends "billions" to Palestinians...was very,very wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: AnAbsoluteCreation
a reply to: nwtrucker

When i make a bold statement its because I've confirmed it.

Mossad and CIA confirm.

AAC

Gee.

I guess that Iran has been sitting on their hands for three years then? Your "confirmation" is that old.

Was a claim made that Iran has alreadybuilt nuclear weaponry?

Harte

If anything has changed, why wouldn't those same agencies recant? It's because nothing has changed.

Not to mention, once you start the process of developing a nuclear bomb, you must first change your nuclear capabilities to produce weapons grade uranium, the housing to hold the material, and the mechanisms to get make the bomb fire. Those processes are decade long processes. Not to mention, Israel has been assassinating all of their nuclear scientists so they're running low on manpower.

But if you want some more input on the fact that they are NOT building a bomb, read these.

Finally, even if Iran had a bomb, the idea that they would use it and sacrifice their entire country is laughable.

AAC

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sueloujo]

Actually, I said we...You inserted USA.

International support of Palestinians has been billions typically. Wonder where the money has gone?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Oh so my bad for misunderstanding you by your use of the word dollars??
The money is supposed to be going to help with medicines, education, food and the rebuilding because of the destruction by Israel using the "dollars" that USA give them. It's like a big circle of life isn't it?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join