It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Israeli Insult

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I wish this idiot would just go home with his obsession about Iran. Not our fight.

Who was the idiot who invited him again?

Those in Congress who don't boycott this should resign or be fired or worse. Snakes.

Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, is coming to the United States. On Tuesday, he’ll address a joint session of Congress. Netanyahu wants to rally Americans against President Obama’s plan for a nuclear agreement with Iran. He’s coming here at the unilateral invitation of congressional Republicans, in defiance of warnings from the White House.
Nothing like this has ever happened before. The opposition party is convening a special session of Congress so that a foreign leader, on the floor of our national legislature, can rebuke the foreign policy of our president.

The breach is bad enough. But the story of how it happened, and the hostility and disrespect behind it, are worse. Israel negotiated the speaking engagement with aides to House Speaker John Boehner for at least 13 days without telling the White House. Not until the morning of Jan. 21—a day after the plan was sealed, and two hours before it was announced publicly—did Boehner inform the administration.

S ource

Skipping the Speech (so far and bravo to them!)

Rep. Earl Blumenauer (Ore.)
Rep. G.K. Butterfield (N.C.)
Rep. Andre Carson (Ind.)
Rep. James Clyburn (S.C.)
Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.)
Rep. Peter DeFazio (Ore.)
Rep. Diana DeGette (Colo.)
Rep. Donna Edwards (Md.)
Rep. Keith Ellison (Minn.)
Rep. Marcia Fudge (Ohio)
Rep. Raúl Grijalva (Ariz.)
Rep. Luis Gutiérrez (Ill.)
Marcy Kaptur (Ohio)
Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.)
Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (Texas)
Rep. Barbara Lee (Calif.)
Rep. John Lewis (Ga.)
Rep. Betty McCollum (Minn.)
Rep. Jim McDermott (Wash.)
Rep. Gregory Meeks (N.Y.)
Rep. Beto O'Rourke (Texas)
Rep. Chellie Pingree (Maine)
Rep. Charles Rangel (N.Y.) — "I'm offended as an American," he said on MSNBC.
Rep. Cedric Richmond (La.)
Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.): Said she won’t attend but is “anguished” that Boehner’s invitation could weaken support for Israel in Congress.
Rep. Bennie Thompson (Miss.)
Rep. John Yarmuth (Ky.) — "We know what he is going to say," the Jewish lawmaker said in a statement.

Senate
Sen. Tim Kaine (Va.)
Sen. Patrick Leahy (Vt.)
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)
Sen. Brian Schatz (Hawaii)
Sen. Martin Heinrich (N.M.)

#NetanyahuGoHome

edit on 3/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Its like the kid in school that pissed off the schoolyard bully, and before 3pm and a date with destiny on the playground...the rich kid is running around trying to buy the other big kids off with his allowance.
edit on 1-3-2015 by BlueJacket because: cant spell

(post by mikell removed for political trolling and baiting)
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
He is the schoolyard bully.

originally posted by: mikell
Mod note:
(post by mikell removed for political trolling and baiting)

edit on 1/3/15 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

If I recall the sequence of events correctly, it was the democrat senators that announced a walk-out during his addressing Congress.

With the appropriate verbiage, he told the Dems to 'go forth and multiply'....the original F-bomb...

I approve.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

You may have misread my post. I don't give a flying fig about democrats or republicans, just what they stand for. And they should not stand for this.

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
When it comes to nuclear anything the interest of the world should be considered. We may look back 5 years from now and wish we had listened to Netenyahu. Just to be fair.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Oh, I your point. How dare Congress Bypass the Executive branch and State.

Hmm, seems to me like what goes around, comes around. Obama and crew have been by-passing/circumventing Congress since he was elected.

It sends a clear message to the world that Obama doesn't speak for the U.S.. Unprecedented? Perhaps. Then again, so is Obama......

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DOADOA

You not remember that he's been telling us for decades that iran is a year away from going nuclear or this recent development: Netanyahu Exaggerated Iran Threat, Leaked Intelligence Documents Reveal

The neo-cons should be ashamed for doing the AIPAC circle jerk on the floor of Congress. But hey...gotta keep that money flowing: US-Israeli arms deals continue despite political crisis

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

No. The point is this is making the U.S. look weak in the eyes of the world. And those who can not put the petty squabbling and their hatred for the man in office aside long enough to see this are the same ones that made us look like frightened wussies when we reacted to our first real taste of international terrorism by nearly annihilating a country that had nothing to do with it.

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOADOA
When it comes to nuclear anything the interest of the world should be considered. We may look back 5 years from now and wish we had listened to Netenyahu. Just to be fair.

Actually Benny has been crying they are getting the bomb for a couple of decades now and guess what still no bomb. And if we want to be fair then we would place sanctions on Israel until their illegal nukes are cleared out that would lessen the chance of a nuclear war in the ME.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I wish this idiot would just go home with his obsession about Iran. Not our fight.

Who was the idiot who invited him again?

Those in Congress who don't boycott this should resign or be fired or worse. Snakes.

Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, is coming to the United States. On Tuesday, he’ll address a joint session of Congress. Netanyahu wants to rally Americans against President Obama’s plan for a nuclear agreement with Iran. He’s coming here at the unilateral invitation of congressional Republicans, in defiance of warnings from the White House.
Nothing like this has ever happened before. The opposition party is convening a special session of Congress so that a foreign leader, on the floor of our national legislature, can rebuke the foreign policy of our president.

The breach is bad enough. But the story of how it happened, and the hostility and disrespect behind it, are worse. Israel negotiated the speaking engagement with aides to House Speaker John Boehner for at least 13 days without telling the White House. Not until the morning of Jan. 21—a day after the plan was sealed, and two hours before it was announced publicly—did Boehner inform the administration.

S ource

I'm from the UK and I agree. This is disgusting and so is Netanyahu.

But then nothing new from republicans. Their behaviour the last 8 years has been shocking to us in Europe.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Don't worry in a couple of weeks O'Bamma is having the leaded of ISIS in for a state dinner .

Nothing make you lose all credibility like using a stupid nickname for Obama. Might as well be talking to a child in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You mean Boehner ? He's no idiot.. but if I was going
to invite some head of a foreign country to speak to
a joint session, it's probably be a good idea to clear
the guest spot with Pennsylvania Avenue first.
That one not only made the Bilderberger guest list
pale in significance, it was simply the gaffe of the year.
If John did indeed get the ball rolling, he SHOULD go.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

What makes the US look weak is Obama, with his unceasing grovelling to islamists, full stop.

As far as I know, there is still freedom of association in the US, Netanyahu or whoever are free to come and go to the US and meet with whomever.

Even if Obama has a hissy fit about it....

edit on 1-3-2015 by M5xaz because: typo

edit on 1-3-2015 by M5xaz because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Information (whether true-or-false) appears to be ... Heating-Up.

I just stumbled upon an Israel-National-News story:

The Bethlehem-based news agency Ma’an has cited a Kuwaiti newspaper report Saturday, that US President Barack Obama thwarted an Israeli military attack against Iran's nuclear facilities in 2014 by threatening to shoot down Israeli jets before they could reach their targets in Iran.

Following Obama's threat, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu was reportedly forced to abort the planned Iran attack.

According to Al-Jarida, the Netanyahu government took the decision to strike Iran some time in 2014 soon after Israel had discovered the United States and Iran had been involved in secret talks over Iran’s nuclear program and were about to sign an agreement in that regard behind Israel's back.
3/1/2015
Obama Threatened to Shoot Down IAF Iran Strike

I can imagine something like this would/could have easily escalated ... (i.e. drawing in other entities).

The above story then linked to another story:

His enthusiasm for President Obama has waned in the past several months. He recently told a London-based newspaper that the United States may be "sliding into a deeper conflict with various segments of the world of Islam ” because of the president’s failure to carry out his promises to the Muslim world.
9/21/2009
Brzezinski: Shoot Down Israeli Planes if They Attack Iran

-
QUESTION: So, just what were/are those 'promises' ???

-
OPINION: It would appear that Netanyahu has some concerns.

( i.e. who can blame him for addressing them ... any way he can?)

( up to and including an ... address to congress )

edit on 1-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They should allow him in then beat him and jail him for a few weeks. "For national security concerns."

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
He is Israel. Israel is AIPAC. AIPAC controls the U.S. government. You don't get to say anything about the U.S. government. The Isaeli's own it. They bought and paid for it with your tax dollars appropriated for the defense of Israel by the very congress you allegedly elected. Quite a slick scam eh?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne
Whoa...hadn't seen that yet. Interesting. Yeah this is not going to be good. For anyone.

ETA: This also goes to my long-standing theory here that Bush-41, the CFR, and the Clintons are a different brand, more focused on Asia, than the neo-cons that include Bush-43, Cheney, and the rest of their cretinous ilk, who are obsessed with Israel and the ME.
edit on 3/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join