It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Rally in Moscow

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
If I was marching in that rally I would be afraid.

Anyone know if Nemtsov's mother was at the rally?

I wouldn't be suprised if a jet dropped a bomb on the rally and then it was blamed on Ukraine.
edit on 3/1/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Yeah that's why the value of the Ruble dropped 46 percent against the dollar last year.And oh might add dropping quickly this year. Inflation in Russia is running rampant. And the reason Russia is buying gold is domestic suppliers are being hurt because im of sanctions and the Russian government it stepping in to buy their gold. Love it when people get economic news off conspiracy sights.
edit on 3/1/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I wouldn't be suprised if a jet dropped a bomb on the rally and then it was blamed on Ukraine.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ukraine drops a bomb on the rally and blames it on Putin... see how that works?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I wouldn't be surprised if Ukraine drops a bomb on the rally and blames it on Putin... see how that works?

Curious... Ukraine drop a bomb on a rally full of the very citizens potentially capable of outing him? That doesn't make much sense as far as motives go.

Anyway... it's off topic regardless. Don't want to derail.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Curious...Killing the leader of opposition while the whole western world is looking closely at you? That doesn't make much sense, but then again, you guys are not familiar with making assumptions that actually have sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Curious...Killing the leader of opposition while the whole western world is looking closely at you? That doesn't make much sense, but then again, you guys are not familiar with making assumptions that actually have sense.

Russian reversal. your point is now moot lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Please, enlighten me on the motive of anyone else having the opposition leader killed? That's a sincere question by the way.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Russian politics often involves killing in fact this isn't the first time a Putin critic died by an assasin. Obviously many in Russia think Putin was involved either directly or indirectly. This rally shows not everyone believes Putins story.

We'll the o position strengthen because of this hard to tell they have a chance if they play cards right. There has always been 2 groups competing for power on Russia and an unwritten law wad just broke with this murder. Expect more assassinations to come ad power struggles insue.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Makes more sense than the US killing one of the few remaining Putin opposition leaders. The rest have been jailed, killed or run out of the country.

Odd how Nemtsov's own mother thinks Putin did it but we are 'crazy' for thinking the same thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well, I was hopping you were being sarcastic...

Let's see. Since the west is pushing this propaganda of Putin as a dictator, killing the leader of opposition that speaks against him, would force world's attention to Putin and Russia and seek reaction for it. First is killing off your opponents. Then are "crimes" against your own people. And the next thing you know, the US along side with NATO is bringing you their "democracy" in order to protect the people of Russia...just a thought

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So, kill an opposition leader and frame Putin is the gist of what you're getting at.

Except that neglects that it's beyond difficult to find a voice, let alone a new voice in Russia, that the same amount of people will rally behind. The cause is still there, but it's the voice behind the cause that moves people to action.

It doesn't make sense for the US to silence that voice.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What amount of people? You are yet again being mislead by the reports from the MSM. Do you know how many citizens live in Russia? And do you know how many of them actually support Boris? Not many.

But yeah, I agree, it's unlikely that the US nor Putin did it. I'd presume Boris got killed by some lunatic patriots like it has been suggested before.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And do you know how many of them actually support Boris? Not many.

There is a difference between support and openly support. Openly support, probably not many. Truely support, no way of really knowing due to fear.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

But yeah, I agree, it's unlikely that the US nor Putin did it. I'd presume Boris got killed by some lunatic patriots like it has been suggested before.

Personally I don't buy that theory. High profile people don't get assassinated in Russia without approval. People are saying it's more wild in Russia now with less control, but Nemtsov was ex government and very high in the government as well. The guy was extremely well known, much less so liked of course.

If Putin has lost that much control in Russia that people are killing high profile politicians without getting approval then the world is in much more trouble then most think.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Some Pics of the Rally:

Rally PIctures

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Personally I don't buy that theory. High profile people don't get assassinated in Russia without approval. People are saying it's more wild in Russia now with less control, but Nemtsov was ex government and very high in the government as well. The guy was extremely well known, much less so liked of course.

If Putin has lost that much control in Russia that people are killing high profile politicians without getting approval then the world is in much more trouble then most think.

Especially since he was under constant servalence by the FSB this means they either knew about it and did nothing or participated or totally inept and somebody managed to pull off a plot on some one they were watching Closely. IF they are that inept Putin best not leave the Kremlin because people other than his government are in control.

PS your right if Putin has lost control that politicians have professional hits taking them out than there is a power player in Russia even bigger than him and it's scary because they don't play by the rules.
edit on 3/1/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Especially since he was under constant servalence by the FSB this means they either knew about it and did nothing or participated or totally inept and somebody managed to pull off a plot on some one they were watching Closely.

Agreed. Somebody either was watching it happen live or should have been and wasn't. It was 2 days before the big protest rally. The FSB probably had a bug on Nemtsov and heard the shots that killed him.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sigh...

The article that killed Nemtsov was a fake

"Sobesednik". Dear. You f$cked up.

I am talking about the website of "Sobesednik" suddenly posting the "Full version of the interview with Boris Nemtsov".

Source

I don`t think we will see a maiden in Russia :

- Lower oil prices have accounted for about 15/20% lower revenues, higher Rouble offsets the lower oil price to some degree

- Russia still generates enough income, because it keeps selling oil and gas, and the other 46% of the export keeps also going on

- The Kremlin simply adjusts to having lower income

- Russia still has reverses, and even if they would be burned up, The Kremlin will simply start selling future oil and gas to get extra revenue

- Russia has enough partners who are willing to deliver food, even Greece is now trying to lift bans to be able to sell food again

- During Ukraine maiden Putin warned Yanukovych to break them up (he didn`t listen), The Kremlin knows when to act if needed, and if such a thing would occur, the protestors can only hope they will be broken up by The Kremelin, because it will be a bloodbath once Russian Patriots are going to organize themselves to take them on

China will keep backing Russia with whatever it needs, because it needs Russia to stay in one piece for its own survival...

China Just Sided With Russia Over The Ukraine Conflict

Let us assume Putin has a 86% approval rate as the last poll showed, in a city with 12 million people it would still mean 1.68 million don`t approve of him, so seeing just tens of thousands people demonstrating is not that much...there`s not a place on earth where you aren`t able to get those numbers protesting against the sitting government if needed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join