It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes From Prominent Officials Implying An Extraterrestrial Presence On Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kayleighkitty
This is all very nice, but i do not care anymore

nothing interesting has happened in ufology for y ears.

Too boring

So why even enter a thread with a topic you consider boring that you don't even care about?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Good thread, here's another from General Nathan Twining who was Head of The US Air Force Material Command:

"the reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability (particularly in roll), and action which must be considered evasive when sighted ... lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically, or remotely.”
"The phenomenon is something real and not visionary or fictitious."
Twining Memo

edit on 3102America/Chicago32America/ChicagoamSun, 01 Mar 2015 02:26:32 -06002015-03-01T02:26:32-06:0002f by thesearchfortruth because: orange

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Another thing about the secret black ops craft explanation, there were reports of UFOs coming from all over the world starting in the late 1940s and throughout the 50s and 60s. Why would the U.S. or UK risk flying over foreign airspace with the potential for their craft to get shot down and their technology stolen if it was just them? That's not so secret. Or is it that these foreign governments were doing the same thing and using the same excuses, at the same exact time? Neither seems likely if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Nice list. I have no problem accepting extraterrestrials, but the man-made aspect of UFOs has made a skeptic out of me.

...and don't you find it rather odd that some of these man-made vehicles and technologies which have been developed during the start of the technological jump of the mid 80's, are very similar to witness descriptions of UFO sightings and their technology? There have been numerous UFO and alien close encounter witnesses who have described the very same technology that we're seeing in the marketplace and being developed in laboratories today.

Some of these UFO cases happened years before these technologies even seemed possible.

I made a thread years ago on this subject. Some of the original photos were removed from the thread for some unknown reason, but there are still some strong coincidental photo comparison of the described witness technology that were later developed. Some of the photos were replaced with photos that didn't even relate to the thread. I find that kind of odd. Here's the link to the thread...

Eyewitness Accounts of ET Technology are now Emerging in Government Research and in the Marketplace

I would also strongly suggest reading the book "The Day After Roswell".

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Nice thread and interesting compilation = get over it those in denial, there here!!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: machineintelligence
An Extraterrestrial Presence On Earth is likely in my opinion.The universe has been creating life long before our existences. The architecture of this universe reveals the authors and their presence everywhere within their own work.

I believe there must be other life forms out there, but I would counter that ET presence on Earth is unlikely. We would be like finding a needle in a haystack inside a football stadium filled with haystacks.

It massive out there, as much as I would like it to be true, I just cant imagine these little craft flying billions of miles just to hover around Earth, flitting around, landing in forests and crashing now and again.

People forget about the wormhole phenomena & our limited grasp of potential technologies.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

So what do you guys think now, skeptics specifically?

I think we only believe government and military officials when they say stuff we want to hear , sadly we still have no evidence of an off world presence visiting our planet.

Still think we haven't been visited by off world intelligences yet?

I don't know if we've been visited in the past but these days I doubt it , nothing quoted in the OP has changed that.
Deke Slayton's sighting was probably a weather balloon as he later admitted.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I think life attracts life at a level that connects all life and that we are possessed of a consciousness that drives us to seek out life and that we are not alone in this drive as it has it's root in consciousness itself. We self aware beings seek each other out at a level so basic to our nature that finding other conscious life in the universe is likely a universal need of all consciousness itself.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think we only believe government and military officials when they say stuff we want to hear

That's a really good point.

Deke Slayton's sighting was probably a weather balloon as he later admitted.

Later admitted or was later told he needed to admit it? *adjusts tinfoil cap*

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Later admitted or was later told he needed to admit it? *adjusts tinfoil cap*

Here's the quote from his autobiography , he accepts it may have been a high-altitude research balloon but remains unsure.

My position is, I don't know what it was: it was unidentified. Maybe what I saw was the company's
weather balloon-maybe the object going four thousand miles an hour to these guys on the ground
was me. Maybe there was something about the environment and the setup that confused me. I don't
know. Or it could have been something unknown.
www.jamesoberg.com...

I think it likely it was the balloon he saw as that was in the area at the time but as with the guy who was there I can't say for sure.

edit on 1-3-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

In regard to the premise of this thread, "everybody knows, but it's a secret."
The UFO situation is very similar to aspects of the racial conflicts in the US. Everybody knows the truth, but can't speak of it for the need to preserve the present state of false dignity of the collective. The astute know what can be done but cannot move as required to achieve that purpose. Those that suffer the most are left...to suffer in their ignorance with little immediate resolution. Some part of the allowed situation is due to the lack of and use of control.

As long as those in control know the truth, they can manipulate those that they cannot exactly control or share. In this case TPTB use elaborate schemes to channel the larger mass of the population that has some vague inkling of the truth, but never given enough information to concretize a firm knowledge upon which to accept as truth or act upon. Yet the controllers are prepared. In the case for for UFOs becoming a fact of life in our future, that is inevitable. With case for race relations in the US, it is doubtful.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

That F117 night hawk is one mean looking machine...seriously though look at all this tech we have and this what we are allowed to know and who knows what they have in the shadows...i really would like to know is the human race aliens that comes from somewhere else maybe different races have some sort of DNA that makes us different species such as Chinese middle eastern ect... or maybe something is influencing us maybe we found something here on earth sigh as the old tootsie pop commercial said the world may never know..

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I don't understand the point of being a skeptic, how would it be better if aliens weren't real?

Because reality isn't dependent on how we might feel about it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Like the men in black movie quote from Tommy Lee to will smith
500 YEARS ago you knew the earth was flat 300 years ago you knew the sun revolved around the earth
& 5 mins ago you knew aliens didn't exist. ... to paraphrase

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex Deke Slayton's sighting was probably a weather balloon as he later admitted.

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy Later admitted or was later told he needed to admit it? *adjusts tinfoil cap*

Yeah something definitely fishy here.
In the autobiography there were a lot of maybes thrown in there. The description of a weather balloon seriously contradicts what was said in the quote. He said initially that he though it was a weather balloon until he got close enough to really observe the craft:

As I got closer, it looked like a weather balloon, gray and about three feet in diameter. But as soon as I got behind the darn thing, it didn't look like a balloon anymore.

Now how do you go from.....I thought it was a weather balloon, to it didn't look like a weather balloon, and now back to maybe it was a weather balloon?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Logarock

Not just hover, but shoot up straight, make 90 degrees turns, stop on a dime....

All these are conviniently disregarded...

As a young man I read Project Blue book and the sharp turns described by our military and civilian pilots, who had to deal with the ridicule of such a claim, was one thing that really stuck out. Besides the 'swamp gas" and seeing Saturn or Venus explanations that were so laughable for even a young child as I was at the time. I do suspect the Nazi Bell experiment was a source of some of these claims but humans cant be sitting in something making these tremendous changes of direction at the reported speeds without dying from internal organs being crushed.
edit on 1-3-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
"We have, indeed, been contacted - perhaps even visited - by extraterrestrial beings, and the U.S. government, in collusion with the other national powers of the earth, is determined to keep this information from the general public".

comical. sounds like keeping information about people from people.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
"I myself have observed one [UFO] for more than an hour... It was an extremely bright object, which remained stationary there for that length of time and then shot off towards Egea de los Caballeros, covering the distance of twenty kilometers in less than two seconds. No human device is capable of such a speed."

a bunch of comedians.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"I myself have observed one [UFO] for more than an hour... It was an extremely bright object, which remained stationary there for that length of time and then shot off towards Egea de los Caballeros, covering the distance of twenty kilometers in less than two seconds. No human device is capable of such a speed."

a bunch of comics.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BUCKSFiZZ

Ok so you think it's comical, we get it. I'd appreciate it if you stopped spamming the thread. Thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join