It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am confused, does Obama stand down next elections?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Despite the vapors you see and hear, I suspect that, barring some major and unforeseen catastrophe, Obama will step down when he's supposed to in 2016.

There's no way he can run for a third term under the law. Now, it is possible his wife could run, but I don't see that happening right now. Michelle just isn't that likeable. She's farther down the charisma scale than Hillary and with even less of a resume to Hillary's pretty lackluster one.

But this was a popular topic with Bush, too. Everyone was sure he was going to start a war with Iran and suspend the elections.

Ummm, yeah, how did that turn out again?
edit on 20-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why cause he is pointing out a very real possibility?

I know people act like we just need to not talk about it and the elephant will just leave the room but that isn't the case.

The only elephant in the room is that leftwingers consistently use the race card to try and demean someone who doesnt agree with this presidents policies......

Its been played in every hand dealt with this guy since he started running for office......

And America is sick of it.........

Talk about racism in America, when will you guys stop trying to thrust it on people where its not warranted?

The reason he will be known as one of the worst presidents is because HE IS, not because of his color, but because of his policies and his consistently doing things against the will of the American people.....

His arrogance, his ignorance and his inability to give a crap about anything but his own self image

THATS why he will be known as one of the worst........not because of his color, so really just drop the "because hes black" schtick.....its old, its tired and its bullcrap
edit on 2/20/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I beleive the only way he could is with a constitutional ammendment changing the 2 term limit. My opinion is that the prez should have 6 years per term 4 years is not long enough to do anything.
a reply to: kayleighkitty

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

You're kidding! You wanted 12 years of this?!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: guitarplayer

You're kidding! You wanted 12 years of this?!

How many two term president have we had? Less than half of all presidents have been two terms the rest have been single terms. Make the presz 6 years and the senate 4 years and raise the house to 3 years with a max of three terms for everyone except the prez with only two terms.
edit on 20-2-2015 by guitarplayer because: for clarification

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Worst case. is he waits 4 years then runs again in 2020 - This he can do and even win again after that for another two terms.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not believe a person can be restricted from running as long as he waits a full term after his two terms are up. In this manner Obama can be The Perpetual president for the rest of his life as long as he keeps winning elections every other term set. Example: 2 terms, wait 4 years, 2 more terms, wait 4 years etc for ever or until he dies or someone puts a bullet in his head - whichever comes first.
edit on 20-2-2015 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: kayleighkitty

He followed the withdraw date that was set up by the admin before him, even extending one of the dates to hold more troops there longer.

Claims Bush's plan was terrible to get elected. Uses Bush's plan. Continues to blame Bush. Morons buy into his crap.

That about sums up his 2 terms.
edit on 20-2-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

Wrong. He can only ever serve two terms regardless of how long he waits.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
Worst case. is he waits 4 years then runs again in 2020 - This he can do and even win again after that for another two terms.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not believe a person can be restricted from running as long as he waits a full term after his two terms are up. In this manner Obama can be The Perpetual president for the rest of his life as long as he keeps winning elections every other term set. Example: 2 terms, wait 4 years, 2 more terms, wait 4 years etc for ever or until he dies or someone puts a bullet in his head - whichever comes first.

False. There is a 2 term limit, you can never run for a 3rd term, no matter how long you wait.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But he still followed bush's plan cause he had to, he did make a tweak to it though to hold troops in longer.
So how is single handedly his fault if he is just following the plan that was put in place before him.
That was the point I was making, I agree he lied a bunch, don't get your hopes up that the next guy won't.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
You know, everyone is saying no..But a few years ago there was always talk of an executive order laying on each presidents desk, that when signed would give the president massive power in an nation emergency. Taking over public transportation etc, and suspending elections for two years were two of the supposed items in this EO. I wonder what changed?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Don't worry about it. It's just another Match-The-Bush tit-for-tat meme thingy. Like the golf. And the vacation days. And quite a few other things.

See?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
But what if he entered the Witness Protection Program and was given an entirely new identity. Legally he would be an entirely different person. With a Birth Certificate above reproach too...that is just crazy enough to might work.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This issue has been used to distract for so long now that it gets very tedious. I remember the rumors flying that Reagan wouldn't step down, was working behind the scenes to retain control.
Of course, George the Elder, with his CIA connections was sure to become our second elected, three-term president according to some.
Same with Slick.
I don't think any of them is delusional enough to believe they could carry it off. Even crack smokers have moments of lucidity.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I am confused, does Obama stand down next elections?

Why not he has stood down for the last 7 years.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Reagan could have just said that he forgot to step down.

But actually there was a limited movement to repeal the two term limit with Reagan because of his landslide reelection that surpassed the largest landslide reelection of the 20th Century...Richard M. Nixon's.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
We heard this same baloney about Clinton planning to stage a coup and remain president at the end of his two terms.

It's paranoid delusional nonsense.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There was one president that served 3 consecutive terms.Franklin Delano Roosevelt was granted a 3rd term during WWII.He passed away just before the war ended though and Harry Truman took over.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But he still followed bush's plan cause he had to, he did make a tweak to it though to hold troops in longer.
So how is single handedly his fault if he is just following the plan that was put in place before him.
That was the point I was making, I agree he lied a bunch, don't get your hopes up that the next guy won't.

They all do. There is a trick to telling whether someone is lying, it works 99% of the time for both politicians and teenagers.

Is there mouth opening?
Are words coming out?

If so, they are lying.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
There was one president that served 3 consecutive terms.Franklin Delano Roosevelt was granted a 3rd term during WWII.He passed away just before the war ended though and Harry Truman took over.

Actually, Roosevelt was elected four times but died in his fourth term. He wasn't "granted" extra terms as there was no limitation at the time. The 22nd Ammendment wasn't passed until after he died.
edit on 20-2-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join