It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am confused, does Obama stand down next elections?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

One can only be president for a maximum of 10 years or two terms whichever is less.

It is not whichever is less because it would always be two terms for a total of 8.

One could become president for up to two years by order of succession in the event of incapacitation of the president-elect they then could go on to be officially elected as president with the ability for re-election. That is how one could possibly serve a total of 10 years as president.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The states run the election, but the feds verify the results.

If by "the feds" you mean the Executive Branch that is headed up by the President, you are wrong.

CONGRESS verifies the result for the Presidential Election (the Constitution requires it to accept or reject the vote of the Electoral College). The Executive Branch has absolutely nothing to do with it what-so-ever. Neither does the Supreme Court (despite the Bush/Gore fiasco).

The States validate ALL other election results, whether for Senator, Congressman, Governor, Dogcatcher, whatever; even the election of their representatives to the Electoral College.

If he simply fails to legally acknowledge them as valid?

Then every person in the United States, including the Congress, the Courts, the rest of the Executive Branch, and the Military will tell him to go pound sand. He simply has no role in validating the results of any election, what-so-ever.

Have you ever even read the U.S. Constitution?

EDIT: P.S. I apologize for that last remark if you are not an American; I cannot reasonably assume you are familiar with the Constitution if you are not American. Frankly, your assertions lead me to suspect that you have no familiarity with the American system at all and I should have recognized this. Sorry.
edit on 23/2/2015 by rnaa because: appology

edit on 23/2/2015 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

your right.. they made a joke about Pres ronald reagan wanted to do the same . and ??? Even if he tried the military would not obey his orders because they would be illegal.. as a vet we would not obey an illegal order (remember Cally)

Text

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Care to make a small wager?

Not only no, but hell no, he won't.

Dissolve Congress? Nope. Not going to happen. He doesn't have the sort of power, or magnetism, to pull it off. None of the current crop of political hacks have the sort of personal chops it would take to pull off this sort of coup.

Nope. No. uh-uh.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
It is not whichever is less because it would always be two terms for a total of 8.

One could become president for up to two years by order of succession in the event of incapacitation of the president-elect they then could go on to be officially elected as president with the ability for re-election. That is how one could possibly serve a total of 10 years as president.

Sorry, I should have said two elected terms. The maximum would be getting elected twice and stepping in from the VP slot for two years.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreampsi
He cannot run for another term, HOWEVER, under Directive 51 snuck into the Patriot Act, he can remain in office to assure there is a stability in government in the event of a large war or any event where there is an enormous loss of lives (asteroid,plague,etc) or martial law is declared.

Curiosity has stricken me; can you cite the portion of the U.S.C (in which is enscribed via legislative actions; i.e., the Patriot Act) where "Directive 51" is in place?

I ask for knowledge.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Well, Mr. Trump has planted the seed that if he doesn't get the nomination there will "be riots everywhere". If that happens, Mr. Obama can implement Marital Law and suspend the 2016 elections.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: aero56

President Obama couldn't do that. It was the same taking when president Bush was in office, that he was going to use some emergency to do the same. Not gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kayleighkitty

he single handedly is causing thousands of deaths by withdrawing troops and releasing terrorists all the time!

Uh, he's not supposed to withdraw troops?

Didn't he campaign to withdraw troops?

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

Obama spoke for Hillary yesterday, because she's very ill...again. During his speech advocating Hillary for President, he mentioned HIMSELF or HIS POLICIES 137 times. What does that tell ya?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join