It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Appeasement continues as Obama lets Merkel lead and fail

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Actually there are more internally displaced persons staying inside Ukraine than those going to Russia...

www.bloomberg.com...

But don't let the facts blur your bias...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: RustyHook
That's insane.

Putin has shown he only listens to military force. Nothing insane about displaying your military force and promising to use it. Personally I think following along the appeasement road that led to WWII is insane.

I agree, we have our own version of Neville Chamberlain in the White House at the moment. IEurope is in the appeasement mode again, if you look at history Putin is following the exact same mode and excuses as Adolf Hitler prior to World War II.

If Europe does not act I prayed to God US does not come to the rescue this time.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Is there really?

More than 1 million Ukrainians displaced by conflict: UNHCR

"It's safe to say you have over a million people now displaced as a result of the conflict, internally and externally together," Vincent Cochetel, director of the UNHCR's bureau for Europe, later told reporters. "I mean 260,000 in Ukraine, it's a low estimate, 814,000 in Russia, then you add the rest ... Belarus, Moldova, European Union."

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

EU doesn`t want to pay because it`s insolvent themselves, so it`s all up to the IMF, and we now what that means.

IMF aid package pushes Ukraine gas prices up 280%

"Leave the country if you can"--Ukrainian experts

Silent coup on the way...

Semenchenko announces "Volunteer Movement Coordinating HQ"

No wonder Poroshenko is calling for peace forces...

Ukrainian forces in Artemovsk on the brink of mutiny—“Poroshenko is lying”

edit on 19 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Dabrazzo

Actually there are more internally displaced persons staying inside Ukraine than those going to Russia...

www.bloomberg.com...

But don't let the facts blur your bias...

430,000 have fled Ukraine for Russia. That number, granted is lower, does seem excessively high though.

Eta Just after seeing Dabrazzo's post, over 800,000 has left Ukraine for Russia, Belarus, Moldova etc. Wow
edit on 19-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The fallacy American weapons are helping...

Ukrainegate: NATO weapons for truce

Initially it seemed surprising that on the first day of the negotiations marathon in Minsk a bill to “provide lethal weapons to the Government of Ukraine in order to defend itself against Russian-backed rebel separatists in eastern Ukraine” would be introduced in the US Congress. However, it soon became clear that its sponsor, Sen. James Inhofe, simply harbors no illusions about his Ukrainian partners’ competence or ability to comply with their obligations. He understands that Kiev will inevitably violate the cease-fire and that Washington will soon have to explain why the militias in the devastated region of what is known as the “Debaltsevo cauldron” are in possession of such a vast number of captured weapons originating from NATO countries.

And there can be no doubts whatsoever that this will happen. The militia continues to provide documented evidence of Kiev’s use of NATO-standard weapons, such as Paladin M109 self-propelled howitzers, portable Javelin anti-tank weapons systems, and small arms (M16 rifles and much more).

Source

No wonder MSM and Western Politicians went on a propaganda rampage after Debaltsevo got encircled.
edit on 19 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
so why is it ok for usa to supply syrian separatists and drop bombs on syria

but it's not ok if russia supports ukrainian separatists and drop bombs on ukraine?

and if usa can do preemptive strikes, why not russia?

let ukraine split apart. it's not worth ww3.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

They say history is written by the victors, but it`s now being written by the losers.

Nah, history is now written by those who control the media. They'll spin it however they please and obviously never show alternative or conflicting viewpoints.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm getting so sick and tired of these Russian POS's. Lets just get this over with and have it out. I don't care anymore. Time to break out the tactical nukes and put some airbursts over their heads and then stack up some atomic demolition mines on the border.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rjbaggins

The EU and US are going to grind the Russian economy into the dirt. You can't cause wars when you don't have the money to feed people. Russians are going to be making Borsh with weeds and selling chop sticks to China for generations. It's the modern nuclear weapon except it's slow and painful.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I agree, we have our own version of Neville Chamberlain in the White House at the moment. IEurope is in the appeasement mode again, if you look at history Putin is following the exact same mode and excuses as Adolf Hitler prior to World War II.
If Europe does not act I prayed to God US does not come to the rescue this time.

I look forward to Obama ending his presidency and I don't even live in the US. That's how bad it is!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You know who's showing lack of leadership?
Ukraine, unfortunately. They're having *huge* draft dodging problems. As far as I can tell, either the people don't support the current government (in which case, why should the West support it? The people have spoken! Democracy!) or they are just scared of being sent into the meat grinder (in which case, why should the West bail them out?)

It's their country, and defending it is their responsibility. If they're not willing to engage in the most basic steps to do that, why should anything "serious" be done to help Ukraine?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

They AREN'T causing wars.

The EU are getting pretty sick of the US and EVERYTHING is ground into dirt.

However, if WAR IS NEEDED, money DOES NOT MATTER.

What is slow and painful is watching the likes of you chant stupidity all over the internets.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yes! We should all stand back and let Russia do whatever it wants! It's breaking international law by invading another country who made political decisions that they felt were in their own best interests....but, Russia has nukes so we must let them bully anyone. *sarcasm off* If your neighbor continually slashes your car tires do you allow it because a confrontation could mean a fist fight? Do you call the police? Well, in this case the rest of the world is the cops and they are watching it while doing nothing.

Sometimes a bully must be punched in the mouth.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

NATO is not supplying weapons to Ukraine. Individual nations who are members of NATO are and are within their right to do so. Your attempt to confuse the 2 is pathetic, even more so considering it has been discussed in detail in other threads on the same topic.

If Poland, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia all decide tomorrow to not only supply weapons, but send in troops to assist Ukraine, they are within their rights to do so and it would NOT be any violation of NATO requirements. The only affected area would be their lost ability to invoke article V.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
so why is it ok for usa to supply syrian separatists and drop bombs on syria

but it's not ok if russia supports ukrainian separatists and drop bombs on ukraine?

and if usa can do preemptive strikes, why not russia?

let ukraine split apart. it's not worth ww3.

Did the Us invade and annex any part of Syria?
Secondly Syria has stated they are fine with Us, among other nations, airstrikes on ISIS in their territory.

The same cannot be said about Ukraine and Russian aggression towards them.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

a reply to: rjbaggins

The EU and US are going to grind the Russian economy into the dirt. You can't cause wars when you don't have the money to feed people. Russians are going to be making Borsh with weeds and selling chop sticks to China for generations. It's the modern nuclear weapon except it's slow and painful.

I think this might be the eventual outcome. The Russian economy is still failing and the longer Putin drags this out the more and more difficult its going to be for Putin to balance out all the actions he is taking. At some point he is going to hit a tipping point between his external ventures and his internal policies.

I am curious to see how the opposition rally in Moscow goes in March.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

yeah because a country can engage in a war without money to buy those pesky things like ammunition, equipment, uniforms, training, salaries, etc etc etc.

As for your cries about people who don't share your viewpoint - get over it.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I look forward to Obama ending his presidency and I don't even live in the US. That's how bad it is!

I would look forward to Europe starting to arm tself.
edit on 20-2-2015 by Greathouse because: Wood lol

edit on 20-2-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2015 by Greathouse because: Wood lol

edit on 20-2-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Welcome to the site.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join