It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Appeasement continues as Obama lets Merkel lead and fail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

link   

link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The stupidity of signing a second agreement after the first Minsk agreement failed is something Merkel and the French President who I know but don't bother typing his name because he's useless and even the French hate him will wear around their necks for a long time. Obama had the sense to not go anywhere near there...but it's pretty easy to do nothing like he's been doing so far.

Flying to Moscow to start the talks was incredibly insulting.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RustyHook
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Is it fathomable that other factions use the same tactics?

You see I have found that a good many of Putin haters are actually paid posters.

Tons of countries do it now!

freedomhouse.org...

Page 4 of the report starts discussing paid trolls...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Closed for Staff Review.

The topic is "Russian Appeasement continues as Obama lets Merkel lead and fail" and nothing else.

Any further attempts to derail the thread and change the topic will be met with removals and possible posting bans.

Final Warning.

Do not reply to this post.
edit on 2/18/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Obama clearly needs to take a more aggressive role in the Ukraine crisis. It's been going on for a year now and people are dying. Ukraine has been militarily defeated by Russia. If the US does NOT intervene a land bridge to Crimea will be taken and likely a land link to Transneistria, the part of Moldova that Russia also controls. That means Ukraine gets cut off from access to the Black Sea entirely, becoming land locked and quite possibly a country that simply isn't viable as a nation anymore.
edit on 18-2-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Obama says 'increased costs' for the millionth time again today...

www.voanews.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
USA has got to keep its nose out of this one. Ukraine is Russia's backyard. USA can carry on killing people with brown faces around the middle east and securing its resourses, while letting Russia dealing with what belongs to it.

Hell yeah, let's annex Cuba---oops, I mean Florida del Sur---better beaches than Ukraine!

And more to the point, Koenigsberg---which the Russian occupiers call Kaliningrad---is German Prussian, too. Sieg Heil!
edit on 18-2-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

1. After 10 days a complete and total ban on Russian citizens entering the countries on the agreement. No exceptions. Russians currently inside the country would have 3 days to leave or be arrested and deported.

2. After 30 days an complete and total ban on import and export of all goods and services from Russia including financial transfers. No exceptions.

3. After 40 days seizure of all Russian citizen assets to be directed to the government of Ukraine as compensation.

4. After 60 days a declaration of War be issued by all countries signed onto the agreement. During the 60 days a massive mobilization of troops and equipment to forward countries located the closest to Russia and strategically placed.

You're talking like a psychopath...

Not to mention advocating Collective Punishment... Exactly what International Law forbids!

Not to mention...

Russia's response...

Let me guess with a gif!...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The earth will survive

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Don't worry Mr. Chamberlain, we'll go talk them to death!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Who is "them" exactly?

All the Russians you're planning on punishing as a collective in a direct violation of International Law?

What a terrible, leaderless world I live in.

Yes, poor you, at least we can all be thankful that you're not one of those leaderless despots, because you'd only be making things worse with such heinous decisions.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Keep talking Neville, it's only been a year now. I'm sure if you talk for another couple years they'll stop slicing off more territory. Of course that's a violation of international law but heaven forbid the West respond with anything but talk.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I love nothing more than the old argument of "they're breaking International Law, so why shouldn't we"...

You do not seem to understand that International Laws were designed to be kept sacred in a fight against anyone who breaks them...

Otherwise there would be no need for International Law whatsoever in the first place...

TLDR version: It shows us who the "good guys" are...

But keep digging Hitler, you're not one of the "good guys"!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I find calling someone Hitler quite different than calling someone Neville Chamberlain...but that's par for the course for you.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Yes I'm sure the Chamberlain reference is a sweet and innocent intent on your behalf...
It's not at all a political reference to a feline kitten is it?

Par for the course for me? Really?

Don't dish out what you can't take...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join