It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti vaxxers a simple question.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

You have "Je Suis Charlie" as your profile pic, clearly stating you are a powerful advocate of freedom of speech...
I find it interesting that you would take a stance against freedom of self and against freedom of speech in this issue, neither wanting to permit people to make their own choice, nor permit them to advocate for that choice to those who would listen.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
a reply to: Grimpachi

I get it, and as I said in the reply below I am not against all vaccines, but when these companies start pumping out vaccines that are not properly tested and merely for profit, it makes many people including myself skeptical.

If you want the jab by all means get it, but everyone is and should be allowed to make that choice.

I do think the vaccine costs are outrageous, but that is a different problem.

The argument keeps surfacing that implies people are for forced vaccinations or taking away your choices, but I have only seen a few people advocate that. Ideally people would choose to get vaccinations by using common sense and reliable research the problem is common sense has become so rare it should be labelled as a superpower, therefore many can't even sus out the reliable research to make good decisions. Even knowing that I don't advocate mandatory vaccines I do advocate holding those that made bad decisions responsible when they become disease vectors and negligently infect the populace.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm not here to argue, but instead of me answering your question, how about you answer mine?

1. Where is the freedom of choice in this?

If one was to pass a law, that pretty much states that for every new born that gets pooped out, they have to have XYZ amount of shots, no questions asked. It's not up to you to get them or not, if you want to have a child, you put this vaccine into their bodies. How would you make people feel about that?

I know this may be a bit of a far fetched argument, but this is very similar along the lines with the whole Gun Control, Gun Ownership debates.

For some reason, there are people on this planet that like to force feed their ideals onto others. Like how certain folks are afraid of guns being misused, therefore, they believe that no one on the planet (other than police/military) should ever carry a firearm.

Now this whole Vaccine thing is the same # just different toilet. Because Measles killed XYZ number of people in the past, now EVERYONE MUST get vaccinated so "WE (I myself) FEEL SAFER".

This is so much bull# fear mongering it's not even funny.

Remember Ebola? Well... where's the news now? Where's the zombie apocalypse everyone was freaking out about? If a vaccine gets developed against Ebola, is it mandatory for every single human on this planet to get injected? Do you see where I'm going with this?

Yes, Measles killed. Yes, it cause many many unfortunate stories in the past but guess what? People DIE ALL THE TIME! Another fact check, it is estimated that there's a total number of 107 billion human existed, since the first human appeared on this planet. Current world population, 7 billion. Fact check, over 98% of the people ever lived, has died. What makes you and I, any different, any more special than those people?

What's next guys? For every viral outbreak, we're going with mandatory shots now? I'll be damned if one day people start getting arrested and sent to concentration camps because we refuse the needle...
edit on 2/10/2015 by truthseeker84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Where have I said anything against freedom of speech? I have asked a question and given my view on it.
Also have I said you MUST be vaccinated? I have suggested vaccination yes but based on knowledge of the fact they have saved millions of people and If people do not get vaccinated we run the risk of outbreaks like we used to have.
To be honest dude I expect a sorry from you for that post because I have done nothing what you suggested.
edit on 10-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm not against vaccinations, they save lives and help prevent what our ancestors went through for the most part. Now, despite thinking it can cause problems in a fraction of the population (like all things) and having personal experiences to back up my beliefs, I think we can all agree that without the use of vaccines we'd be seeing a lot of red cloths hung on our neighbor's doors, signs about Scarlet Fever and Polio, you know what I'm getting at.

However, I'm sure the nefarious people in charge have looked into carrying out evil things with the help of vaccines, it's only natural. And vaccines are not new, so it isn't like the govs are just catching on to them.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

i am reading the story now just to make sure i got it right .

health officials told flue jab was useless one year ago it was said that just 3% of patients are protected because the virus has mutated so much and scientists cannot be sure if next years vaccine will work either.

now please don't have a go at me , i am only relating the report and my knowledge on this matter is limited to what is reported in the news .

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

Can you source it then?

Need some context on the what is being said.

And still, the flu shot is a shot in the dark.

That is not what is being discussed here.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Where have I said anything against freedom of speech? I have asked a question and given my view on it.
Also have I said you MUST be vaccinated? I have suggested vaccination yes but based on knowledge of the fact they have saved millions of people and If people do not get vaccinated we run the risk of outbreaks like we used to have.

That's because you're not getting it.

The path you're heading on, or rather, promoting, is a direct path that leads to mandatory shots.

One step at a time, use of fear tactics, use the MSM, divide and conquer. You cannot rule over a population that doesn't want to be ruled. You want something to happen, the people in this nation has to want it to happen.

A very good description of this, is from the recent Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie. Where the Nazi Hydra chief scientist explained, that the way to conquer humans and to rule over them, is not by force but rather by setting up intricate events that eventually makes people want to give up their free wills.

The path you're heading on, leads straight to just that.

Yes, you're not calling out for mandatory shots yet, but it's already been called out by a few political figures on TV. It was even on the KTLA channel 5 morning news. So don't act like it's not happening, there are people that want this to happen.

The line has to be drawn on the sand. In this day and age, it has to be drawn very quickly, otherwise the dumb masses would just all fall victim to all these misdirection techniques and tactics.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Smallpox vaccine killed more people than it saved and actually ended up spreading the disease around. Smallpox killed ~30% of the people it infected. Jackson, Lincoln, and I believe Jefferson or Washington all suffered from the pox and recovered fine.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

yes i was wrong it was in the daily mirror on saturday 07 02 2015 .

and yes i know its not the best of publications as regards news papers and i only get on saturday for the tv guide .
but i don't think they would make up a story about this .

link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

No it didn't.

link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

No Iam not...
Show people the facts and they will get vaccinated by choice.
Iam promoting the truth backed by real science.
Sure mistakes can be made when making such vaccines and people have died just like any medicine but to dismiss all vaccines because of lies...

edit on 10-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

Links for those claims please.

second

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

Ok well until you can actually link it, I am going to assume you are making it up.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Love for people to answer the actual question in the OP...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I am against vaccines for myself ... it is a personal choice.
I have had measles when young ... it was very common ... nearly everyone I know also had measles ... no one died
I received vaccine for Whooping cough yet still got it .

I think you will find those opposed to vaccines are against some and yet not against others ... depending upon the ingredients in them.

I personally will not take any vaccine of any description and believe that it is my right to make such a decision

edit on 10-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

And yet when people who are against vaccination run around hyping a link between autism and vaccines which was discredited long ago and promoting fears about what's in the vaccination without really understanding the science or chemistry behind them ... that's not fear-mongering?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
I am against vaccines for myself ... it is a personal choice.

I believe driving drunk is a personal choice.

I have had measles when young ... it was very common ... nearly everyone I know also had measles ... no one died
I received vaccine for Whooping cough yet still got it .

Likewise, I drive drunk and haven't crashed yet, ergo it's safe.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Plus not understanding Autism and how we diagnose it and the fact that it has changed throughout the years.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And yet when people who are against vaccination run around hyping a link between autism and vaccines which was discredited long ago and promoting fears about what's in the vaccination without really understanding the science or chemistry behind them ... that's not fear-mongering?

No it was not discredited ... if you are referring to Andrew Wakefield ... deeper research would reveal there is more to that story ...
edit on 10-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join