It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti vaxxers a simple question.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

The report you linked to is flawed ... read the post in response to it by Jemima

" It appears that this outdated college theory is still being used to trot out new vaccines….
Herd Immunity: Three Reasons Why I Don’t Vaccinate My Children… And Why Vaccine Supporters Shouldn’t Care That I Use Vaccine Exemption Forms
“Herd Immunity. This hypothesis was plucked out of an old college textbook. It states that the more people are immune to an infectious agent, the less likely an immune-compromised individual is to come in contact with it. In other words herd immunity serves as a human shield – a type of immunity – for “at-risk” individuals. But remember, it’s only a hypothesis.
My background as a medicinal chemist taught me to rely on proven research. I learned to be less sensitive to emotional arguments and more sensitive to facts supported by reproducibility. This is one of the main principles of the scientific method. It refers to the ability of a test or experiment to be accurately reproduced.”
thepeopleschemist.com/reasons-dont-vaccinate-children-vaccine-supporters-shouldnt-give/
If the herd immunity theory actually WORKED, those who have already been vaccinated should have nothing to worry about"

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Using your logic

crickets

That's not a retort, that's a childish nothing response. Showing your nature.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: boymonkey74

Vaccines do save lives....but also a small percentage of people get sick from it. There are many soldiers who got sick after taking the anthrax vaccination....this is fact.

So the problem comes in...was the anthrax vaccination worth it? Hell no.....

As a veteran who received that vaccine and experienced some side effects which were temporary I wholeheartedly disagree with you. Even though it turned out to not be the threat it was imagined to be as a soldier it gave me some comfort knowing my chances for survival were greatly improved. A bullet is one thing a dying from chemical-biological agents will have you begging to be shot. It turned out a lot of our MOP gear was substandard, but it was still better than nothing.

Is the polio vaccine worth it....yes! But understand some are gonna have bad side effects. What system is in place to help those unlucky few? In the military they pay you for the rest of your life....idk what is in place for regular civilians.

As per your question of the system in place.

What Is the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program? www.nvic.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Trying being one of the people whose lives have been permanently damaged from them. People cheer for things until that THING bites them in the a....

The fact is vaccines have saved millions of lives are you trying to say this isn't so?

☐ Yes
☐ No

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You didn't argue anything. You went on a wild unsubstantiated tirade devoid of logic. Quite frankly, my response was overly generous in substance in comparison.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Trying being one of the people whose lives have been permanently damaged from them. People cheer for things until that THING bites them in the a....

The fact is vaccines have saved millions of lives are you trying to say this isn't so?

☐ Yes
☐ No

So have Bees, but they sting, and people can die from them.

Your EFFING point?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Herd immunity is so basic even a child could grasp it. It's not some esoteric fringe hypothesis, it's just how transmission vectors of disease work.

But you've "read deeply", so I here...

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That is true ... that Autism now has a wider definition ... and yet Autism by which I mean severe Autism was once so rare it was a task to find such people

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Nice strawman. I do like a trip through the looking glass from time to time.

☐ Yes
☐ No

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You didn't argue anything. You went on a wild unsubstantiated tirade devoid of logic. Quite frankly, my response was overly generous in substance in comparison.

Oh I see, you want people to answer you in the affirmative that vaccines save lives so your sense of superiority can give you the ego boost you need to "drop the mic" on ATS and feel better about your vaccine stance?

I see.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Did you bother to read the quote I posted by a chemist
Do not make this personal ... it will not serve you well

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Nice strawman. I do like a trip through the looking glass from time to time.

☐ Yes
☐ No

And I'll say again, WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You're training well, young warrior. Soon you may leave these men of straw and try your mettle against real arguments.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

A yes or no will suffice.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

This is tantamount to starting a thread called "Bears...are they fluffy and cuddly...yes or no????"

Great job man. So important to the discussion of vaccination. So profound.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

a reply to: AngryAtTheBlindBelief

TL;DR "I have no understanding of herd immunity and why it protects those who rely on it"

What did you do here, pick one thing I said and figure I have no understanding of the topic?

Herd Immunity which you're regurgitating from whatever doctor cannot work unless you were to literally vaccinate everyone all at once.

If person A is vaccinated 2 days before person B, person B can be theoretically infected by a mutated version of person A's illness. The reason for this is because they have totally different internals. Totally different fauna and flora. A single vaccine cannot work universally on every body setup

link   

I'll bite.

YES...now what? Where do we go now Frodo?

link   

So you acknowledge that vaccines have saved millions of lives. WHy are you against them, then?

link   
"Looking at this graph, it's pretty clear that death from measles declined considerably before the introduction of the vaccine...."

www.harpocratesspeaks.com... asles.html

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Deaths =/= incidence. An iron lung will save a child's life, sucks to be paralysed on one for the rest of it, though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join