It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Plot Thickens: NASA Exposed Adjusting Temperature Data All Over The World Now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Full disclosure: I don’t work for NASA or know anyone who does, but I spend a lot of time on the internet. Because of this I believe I have just uncovered THE MOST MASSIVE SCIENTIFIC SCANDAL OF ALL TIME.

Some of you may already know what I’m talking about, as there have been several ATS threads about it recently. I decided to start my own though because flags this new information takes it to a whole new level that needs to be seen and heard.

NASA has been EXPOSED altering temperature data in Paraguay to support the global warming hoax. I say “exposed” because even though the alarmist scientists openly explain how and why these adjustments are sometimes done (Section 2.SM.4 here for example), most people don’t actually read the science. It’s much easier to glean over blogs and editorials that interpret all the complicated information for us, and then spoonfeed the cherry-picked parts we only want need to hear.

But just to be sure I went over to NASA’s website to investigate this scandal myself, and guess what – I easily found them altering temperature data not just in Paraguay – but ALL OVER THE WORLD. The following information is all sourced and linked for you below.

Here is where you can find the adjusted data:
data.giss.nasa.gov...

And here is where you can compare it to the raw data:
data.giss.nasa.gov...

By the way don’t bother asking stupid questions like “If this is such a big conspiracy, then why does NASA make all the original data still available on their website?” - we went over this already - NOBODY READS IT, the only thing you need to remember is AL GORE WANTS ALL THE TAX MONIES.

Now look at what I found - convenient “adjustments” across the globe:

London, England
Adj:

data.giss.nasa.gov...

Raw:

data.giss.nasa.gov...

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Adj:

data.giss.nasa.gov...

Raw:

data.giss.nasa.gov...

Sydney, Australia
Adj:

data.giss.nasa.gov...

Raw:

data.giss.nasa.gov...

Johannesburg, South Africa
Adj:

data.giss.nasa.gov...

Raw:

data.giss.nasa.gov...

Kabul, Afghanistan
Adj:

data.giss.nasa.gov...

Raw:

data.giss.nasa.gov...

DO YOU SEE WHERE ALL THE SO-CALLED “GLOBAL WARMING” COMES FROM NOW!!!

You can check all the references directly for yourselves.

(But don’t bother – because if you do that you might notice all the “adjusted” data has actually had the warming trend removed, and is in fact cooler than the original raw data. The important thing is to just focus on all my caps lock and handwaving).

What matters is this:

1. NASA is ADJUSTING TEMPERATURE DATA ALL OVER THE WORLD
2. This is THE BIGGEST SCIENTIFIC SCANDAL OF ALL TIME
3. Phage cannot debunk any of it (don’t even bother trying Phage), so I WIN! The End.

edit on 10-2-2015 by mc_squared because: in your face Al Gore!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Before I jump to conclusions and believe it undoubtedly is a case of widespread adjustments for fraudulent purposes, I'll wait it out and see what others who are more familiar with the science behind this have to say. A lot of the reasons behind pushing global warming make sense and the implications are frightening if the big money keeps flowing towards those interests. S + F

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

You shouldn't knock jumping to conclusions till you try it. This is exactly how blog science has managed to expose the big global warming lie so easily. Their house of cards is collapsing

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

Great post! S&F! TLDR,sorry, there is a cat on you tube that's awesome! so I didn't have time to read your thread, but I agree, Al Gore is bad.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

OMG where? I love cats!!11

Here's my impression of Al Gore as a cat:

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
They just adjusted it to AL Gore's contributed Data of when he left his Mansion lights on all night and his jet setting schedule over the last few decades.
Seems fair.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

Not to swat a fly to die in Your ointment.... BUT.. If it weren't for Al Gore and His invention of the intraweb You wouldn't be able to break the code.. You still "Win" however..

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance but who exactly benefits from the massaging of the GW figures upwards?
And what is the overall goal/purspose?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Good question. Look I'm not saying I have the whole thing figured out, but enough of the puzzle adds up to know we're just being scammed is all.

Step 1: Invent global warming/blame man
Step 2: Collect underpants/carbon taxes
Step 3: ????????
Step 4: PROFIT

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Good question. Look I'm not saying I have the whole thing figured out, but enough of the puzzle adds up to know we're just being scammed is all.

Step 1: Invent global warming/blame man
Step 2: Collect underpants/carbon taxes
Step 3: ????????
Step 4: PROFIT

Case closed.

Get yer pitchforks!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
WARNING

There is another thread on this topic.
People who believe the article are being crucified on the other thread.

Anyway, expect this thread will be closed by mods. I think it is worthy of 2 threads, but just want to FYI

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Anyway the point is NASA are a bunch of idiots. So they put a man on the moon (allegedly). Last summer I went to their space center in Huntsville, Alabama and look - this is their exhibit on Uranus *giggles*:

"more then 20 years"?

How are we supposed to trust a bunch of smarmy rocket scientists who can't even spell correctly!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Excuse my ignorance but who exactly benefits from the massaging of the GW figures upwards?
And what is the overall goal/purspose?

Ever heard of carbon credits? A form of blackmail and the money goes???? Best I can figure to political class through buying and selling of credits.

Overall goal? To control the little people as much as possible. i.e. smart meters that tell the government exactly which appliance you are running, for how long, and allows them to shut off your electricity if they choose to without telling you why or when.

edit on 2Tue, 10 Feb 2015 14:47:53 -0600pm21002pmk102 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Something tells me this thread will not be as popular as the other ones that are currently hot.

The BS that is going in those threads seems to happen in all climate threads, I just started posting(again) just to point out logical fallacies that many like to run with, now the denialist(hate that word, but not sure what to call those who are so passionate that humans are not responsible) have tried to run with that and will try to accuse the scientists of cherry picking and other flawed reasoning methods and when that fails, they will throw the red herring out there.

These thread almost all invariably become trash, full of name calling and bogus claims. There is someone in the other thread who claims that NASA has threatened one of his friends for exposing global warming 'scam'.....

As I have written before, it is only in America where we have this debate, the rest of the developed world accepts man made climate change as the reality we live in.

It would be interesting to track the location of the posters on these threads, it does seem like there is some sock-puppet action going on.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I tried to do some research on this, and I keep coming up with, not very clear summaries that this is tied to "Goddard" who may or may not be debunked in this case and that Scientists are coming forward and claiming that this is not true and others saying maybe it is. Hmmmm not very clear.

I Googled. "Did NASA change Climate Data"

The first few were NASA links so if this story is about NASA they can't be trusted to give reliable info?

Next link is Brietbart and we know they can't be trusted. They're Koch brothers funded so will only ever report on one side of this.

www.breitbart.com...

Next is Politifact talking about Doocy. Their conclusion isn't as cut and dry. Leaning the oppisite direction as Brietbart.

www.politifact.com...

Next comes Goddards Website, but he's the original source, no? We need someone not biased.

stevengoddard.wordpress.com...

Next is Whatsupwith that.

wattsupwiththat.com...

Next is business insider--appears to be not related to the current topic though.

www.businessinsider.com...

and lastly the rightclimatestuff which isn't directly talking about this issue either.

www.therightclimatestuff.com...

So if an average western-english speaker gets most of his info from the front page of google. Where does that leave us?

edit on 10-2-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

There are literally hundreds of threads on this topic that all become trash, thanks to sock puppets like yourself.

This one will likely stay open, just as the one you linked has stayed open even though a few days ago a similar thread covering the same flawed story/blog was posted.

Considering this one was opened by someone on the human induced climate change is a reality, it is no wonder that you are trying to get the MODs to close it...
edit on 10-2-2015 by jrod because: ad

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't mean to toss a wet-towel on a potential large-scale conspiracy, but…

Aren't these "adjustments" part of a well-documented and peer-reviewed process to refine the preliminary data once more/better sources are compiled… or errant data rejected?

Seriously, I don't see this as such a big deal, even though I would like to.

edit to add…

ArsTechnica: Temperature data is not “the biggest scientific scandal ever”

We knew this already; we knew it two years ago when Fox published its misguided piece. But our knowledge hasn't stopped Booker from writing two columns using hyped terms like "scandal" and claiming the public's being "tricked by flawed data on global warming." All of this based on a few posts by a blogger who has gone around cherry picking a handful of temperature stations and claiming the adjustments have led to a warming bias.

And wasn't it the climate change skeptics who were initially calling for regular cross-checking and validation of temperature data several years ago? It seems these refinements are merely the results of what they wanted -- and the refined data does not refute climate change.

edit on 10-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Al Gore did not Invent the internet I think that credit should go to people like : Tim Berners Lee Amongst many others not Al Gore.
edit on 10-2-2015 by BlackCommander because: repat word

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Can you prove you are not a sock puppet for John Kerry and the elitists who want to extort money in the form of carbon credits? So, you want to trace down everyone who disagrees with you, as you stated. Sounds like a true liberal/progressive when someone doesn't agree with them.

You can disagree with people all you want on ATS, you can disbelieve anyone on ATS you choose to disbelieve.
You should NOT assert that just because you disagree with people they must be dis-info agents,
that sounds a bit like someone who is a dis-info agent trying to get the light off their back.

I KNOW that data has been manipulated and have known it for years, because of the people I know.
I won't believe you, so what?
I can not believe you if I want to.
You can not believe me if you don't want to.

That doesn't make either of us dis-info agents or sock puppets.
Grow up and get over being so sensitive when people don't agree with you.

I think the data has been changed, I do not nor will I ever be convinced that human caused global warming is real. Just as in the 70's when the same type of people claimed an ice age was coming. All just unprovable conjecture as far as I am concerned.

I am concerned about the spying that has occurred as a result with smart meters.

I am concerned about the extortion in the form of carbon credits.

edit on 3Tue, 10 Feb 2015 15:13:26 -0600pm21002pmk102 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

That's just crazy talk SO.

Climate skeptics have long been vocal critics of the temperature record because it contains a Liberal bias for having locations too close to heat exhaust systems and other sources of contamination (e.g. Al Gore's big fat mouth).

The warmists excuse is that these biases are carefully removed through, as you put it "a well-documented and peer-reviewed process to refine the preliminary data once more/better sources are compiled". Here's some ridiculous FAQ explaining the matter:

Monitoring Global and U.S. Temperatures at NOAA's National Climatic Data Center

But all this does is PROVE the alarmists are adjusting the data to espouse the global warming agenda, so we all need to start as many knee-jerk sensationalist threads about this subject as we can. (PS thanks for not closing this one)

My circular logic > your wet towel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join