It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical Review of Giant Human Claims

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Logarock

i have read a great deal from the believers and proponents of " alternative " archeology - and little of it is scholarly , scientific or logical .

but hey if it flies counter to the " mainstream " it most have merit - right ??

Is there anything you don't just pooh pooh and dismiss out of hand? I'd think A conspiracy site would bore me to no end. Anyone I talk to who thinks it's all hogwash would be doing anything other than surfing a CT site. You're a closet believer aren't you?

edit on 23-1-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Your use of the term "conspiracy nutcase", in my opinion, devalues your entire opinion to the point of laughably obvious and baseless debunkery. Too bad too because it looks like you really put in some work here and meant for it to be an influential post.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Ive been watching these episodes every week. There is much evidence out there...new season is about to start.

Search for the Lost Giants Episode Guide ... - History Channel
www.history.com/shows/search-for-the-lost-giants/episodes‎

"Check out the episode guide for HISTORY's Search for the Lost Giants and see
details and airdates for episodes. Find more series information, only on..."

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing
[CONTINUED]

Andy White also did a pretty conclusive debunking of the “Double Row of Teeth” claims made from 19th century reports, which by all accounts seem to be due to a misunderstanding of the language used in late 19th century accounts. “Double Tooth” was a common term for a molar, and “Double teeth all round”was commonly used to refer to individuals who had a full top and bottom set of teeth. You can read this here

OK gonna kind of throw the gauntlet down on this. I personally know a person that has/had (he may have had dental work done by now) a true double row of teeth. He is 6' 8" and proportional (not tall & skinny) since I know that this condition exists personally I will throw this out there; has any other ATS members met anyone else like this?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Your use of the term "conspiracy nutcase"

Yep, his entire post lost all credibility with me when I read that. Its bias at its finest.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
About the double rows of teeth... Dunno about giants, but there are oodles and oodles of google image pics showing what that looks like in both skulls and what looks like pics of living people's mouths taken in the dentist's chair. Are we saying all of those are faked and there is no such thing as double dentition, or just that double dentition can't be used as proof to support claims of giants?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Anyway back to his story – 18 Strange Skeletons Found in Wisconsin. If we look at Mark Shernick’s sources, there is only one contemporary source he uses for this story, the New York Times piece. Oh he refers to other, later works by other “researchers”, in addition to another article from a few years earlier, but there is only one report from 1912 he refers to. Let’s go straight to the horses mouth and take a look at this report - Transcription – STRANGE SKELETONS FOUND. __ Indications That Tribe Hitherto Unknown Once Lived in Wisconsin. Special to the New York Times. MADISON, Wis., May 3.—The discovery of several skeletons of human beings while excavating a mound at Lake Delavan indicates that a heretofore unknown race of men once inhabited Southern Wisconsin. Information of the discovery was brought to Madison to-day by Maurice Morrissey, of Delavan, who came here to attend a meeting of the Republican State Central committee. Curator Charles E. Brown of the State Historical Museum will investigate the discoveries within a few days. Upon opening one large mound at Lake Lawn farm, eighteen skeletons were discovered by the Phillips Brothers. The heads, presumably those of men, are much larger than the head of any race which inhabit America to-day. From directly over the eye sockets, the head slopes straight back and the nasal bones protrude far above the cheek bones. The jaw bones are long and pointed, bearing a minute resemblance to the head of the monkey. The teeth in the front of the jaw are regular molars. There were also found in the mounds the skeletons, presumably of women, which had smaller heads, but were similar in facial characteristics. The skeletons were embedded in charcoal and covered over with layers of baked clay to shed water from the sepulcher.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention--I live in Wisconsin ^_^

At least 5 people I personally know have seen what I've seen as well. Not counting the two in the car with me at the time. (treating each sighting as a single sighting regardless of amt of people there).

I hope I never see it again. If you ever smell something like cloying death while in the forest, hightail it outta there

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

i have read a great deal from the believers and proponents of " alternative " archeology - and little of it is scholarly , scientific or logical .

but hey if it flies counter to the " mainstream " it most have merit - right ??

Who is even saying that? But no if it looks like something that is there just to fly in the face of then it should be looked at with suspicion. But if it does just happen to fly in the face of mainstream then so be it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

What if we found out giants are/were real that would just be awesome!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Whatever made the people of Cahokia build 10-storey tall mud walls with spears jutting out to protect themselves probably wasn't just a figment of their imagination.

I say that giants were real. Maybe still are. Who knows?

Dun dun dun ATTACK ON TITAN IRL noooooooo haha
edit on 24-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
In your first link, I gleaned this bit in about the second paragraph :

"Over 1000 Giant digs have been found in recent years. Giant skeleton finds have not made the local/national news since the 1950's for the most part. It may be the fear that it questions everything we have been taught"

This excuse is so played out it's become laughable. The volume of atheists in the world today is so enormous that this excuse would do little in 'panicking' the religious world as claimed. [EDIT] basing these ideas on biblical lore [EDIT]

Some time back I looked all over the web looking for pictures of giants, and yes some were found, but they clearly were Photo-shopped. And rather crudely I might add.

There's always an excuse, the Smithsonian stole them, lost them, or misplaced them, or the G men in Black came and hauled them off. The world couldn't handle it, they were demons/fallen angles....... something.
Frankly, I don't believe in them. Nor the claims of their existence.

Simply display one......... just one....... say a 15 foot giant, ok a 12 footer.... I say there are none, convince me otherwise..... please.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing
Lets take a look at some of Kristian T Harris’ other recent headlines –

Bill Cooper Predicted 9/11 in June of 2001, Killed Shortly After
Autism Caused By MMR Vaccine says CDC Whistleblower
15,000 Aborted Babies used to Heat UK Hospital
Bizarre Skeletons Unearthed In Russian Mound, Satyr and Giant Horse
Harvard: Water Fluoridation is Causing Cognitive Disorders
The Origin of Giants in Human History
Mind Control Device Alters Emotions on Demand

15,000 aborted babies used to heat hospitals? Baloney!!

Or not.

It was actually 15,500 used as fuel in waste-to-energy furnaces. There was public outcry.
Sourc e

Harvard did in fact release details of a study, back in 2012, which ended with:

“Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”

Source

And last year DARPA began a $70 million program to develop a brain implant which can read and alter emotions in mentally ill individuals.
Source

So,

One conspiracy nutcase story after the other. It’s on about the same level as The Weekly World News.

The truth, very often, sounds like nutty garbage. Now, considering that the stories seem to be pretty accurate (or, at least, no less accurate than a mainstream news source...looking at you Fox) I'd like to thank you for introducing me to a new site I can peruse.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
Whatever made the people of Cahokia build 10-storey tall mud walls with spears jutting out to protect themselves probably wasn't just a figment of their imagination.

I say that giants were real. Maybe still are. Who knows?

Dun dun dun ATTACK ON TITAN IRL noooooooo haha

I agree, giants may very well be real, and alive today.
There are stories of the inner earth housing races of giants.
I think it would be pretty awesome to befriend a giant 50ft-100ft tall humanoid. . . . . .

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Depends on what you mean by "giants" In ancient times it was meant both as a term, kind of like saying he had a giant intellect or so. And as a physical thing also. Though giants like they are depicted you know 20 foot tall humans, well its obvious that under that physiology they can not exist.

In fact you could have a 8feet tall or higher human, and there have been people that tall and they lived and functioned well enough, so literally those giants in the Bible could have just been really tall people. And considering that back then the whole of the human populations were what, around 5 feet average. Well to them somebody who was 6,5 would have been considered a giant.

But on a pure physiological structure, giants extremely strong and durable creatures of that size or higher can technically exist on this planet or even under a higher gravity. Though like in that movie avatar they would have to have a sort of carbon fiber bone structure, and a higher bone density at less weight, and a likely a whole different skeletal structure then humans, I mean its legs would have to be shaped a bit more different and everything else, and nervous system and respiratory system, sensory system, and pretty much a bunch of other things, there heart as well would be different then a humans, if it was really effective it would have two hearts. So ya.

But you know speculations and theories and all that. In all its save to say that some giant human skull or bones of a guy who is shown in some picture to be at least 15 feet tall would likely cave in under his own pressure, so ya! Them pictures are likely a fake. But that does not mean extremely big and tall individuals did not once live or that it is not possible. Because on both those counts its very much so a possibility.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Other than the regrettable opening of the door to assault when it comes to a certain whackadoo, this was a great thread and a great response to a prior discussion. Nice job, thanks for the effort! There were no double-toothed giants and no one at the Smithsonian is hiding giant skeletons to...I don't know, make you buy an Xbox and watch The Bachelor, lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

citation please

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

a reply to: rukia

citation please

And, once again, the answer as to why they would do that is pretty plain. Namely, the number one occupation of the native tribes prior to the arrival of Europeans was killing each other and making war. Anyone who thinks the indigenous population consisted of peaceful people sitting around in harmony with all they saw and interacted with is uninformed and, to be honest, more than a little racist. The native population spent almost all of their time killing one another, hence the fortifications.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
Anyone who thinks the indigenous population consisted of peaceful people sitting around in harmony with all they saw and interacted with is uninformed and, to be honest, more than a little racist.

Wait, WHAT?

The friggin race card? Here? Just wow.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

BloodyDagger wrote:
How do you explain the double rows of teeth reported to be found on these giant skeletons over the years? That is a common theme with "Giant Skeletons" - Double rows of teeth.

There's a guy who works in the lumber department at local home improvement chain in my area, mid twenties and unremarkable in every other way, except that he has two perfect sets of teeth in his mouth! The front row just a tad smaller than that back row. He told me that they're ALL adult teeth and that he had lost ALL his baby teeth. His dentist is willing to remove the front row, but he doesn't want to.

Well, on second thought, he has a REMARKABLE smile!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

BloodyDagger wrote:
How do you explain the double rows of teeth reported to be found on these giant skeletons over the years? That is a common theme with "Giant Skeletons" - Double rows of teeth.

There's a guy who works in the lumber department at local home improvement chain in my area, mid twenties and unremarkable in every other way, except that he has two perfect sets of teeth in his mouth! The front row just a tad smaller than that back row. He told me that they're ALL adult teeth and that he had lost ALL his baby teeth. His dentist is willing to remove the front row, but he doesn't want to.

Well, on second thought, he has a REMARKABLE smile!

I expect his flossing routine is tedious.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join