It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Older ladies. Some/Most guys don't get it.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I have had friends who dated older women before. When I was in college, I had a 22 year old friend who dated a 40 year old friend of ours. I agree with your O.P.
edit on 22amThu, 22 Jan 2015 04:54:44 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Completely agree.

The older we get the smarter we get.

Sorry for your loss. Pity that some people behave like complete asses!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I am an older woman, alone, and I love it. I am completely self absorbed. After spending most of my life putting others first, always deferring. Now I don't have to, now I am first! It may sound selfish, believe me I have more than paid my dues.
Freedom is an awesome feeling and I would not trade it for Prince Charming.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
With age, wisdom is not always present. Some people will never have a change of heart or attitude. I think that you have to be even more careful with older single women because the biological clock is winding down and they already have an extended family that will come first.

The same can be said for men of course, but many women, IMO, are still looking for financial security and will continue to think of their body as the tool to get that. Some women, in spite of their standing in life, want a sugar daddy and have little left to offer with their aging bodies and with little or nothing in their hearts and minds to offer another guy in their lives.

Many men will have gone through this before and shy away from women to live an independent single life, as lonely as that can be, just so they don't have a woman draining away the last of their lives before they die. At a certain stage in life, a man will want to start checking off that bucket list, but a woman will divert him from that, making the end of his life like the rest of it, a servant to an undeserving shrew and her offspring.
edit on 22-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As an older lady, I LOVE this video! Fortunately, my husband knows what he has and wouldn't trade me for anything. And I feel the same about him. Life is good.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You need to get out of the house more often.

There is a trend, at least in America, of younger men dating and sometimes marrying older women. The cougar is highly sought after these days. My aunt is in her 50's, and married to a guy in his 30's. He's still crazy about her after several years.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Thank you!

Loved it!

Sent it to my Mom and Sis and one of my church lady friends who will laugh at it.

Glad my hubby still finds me desirable! With all my bumps and lumps and sags and crinkles - I love his old surgery scarred, and crinkles self too!

My hubby does marriage counseling and I can tell those foolish bulls:
the hotty who takes you from your wife
will have no qualms about moving on herself or having someone on the side.

If your hubby cheated on you, remember he'll cheat on the next one too
and if she knows he is married
she is very likely to cheat on him.

This is nature's payback for
dumping a spouse for a hotter model.

edit on 9Thu, 22 Jan 2015 09:50:52 -0600am12201amk224 by grandmakdw because: format addition

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

edit on 22-1-2015 by OrphanApology because: My cell deleted half of msg so... forget it.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I have had that avatar since 2008 when I had indeed shed and was still shedding an ocean of tears for that relationship. Last year I considered the need to change it but realized those tears were now for the direction the people on earth have taken.

Glad you have found peace in your life despite the difficulties. Sometimes being alone can give you that peace. That is why I removed myself from the social scene.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Very cynical.

I have been in a dance world for about 10 years and find it is mostly the men who are without money. But there are also just predators out there as well, who prey on the venerable for sex. All depends on your perspective I guess. No doubt there are some women out there as well.

Shying away for the single life doesn't mean they don't prey on single women for sex with no affection and no concern for the repercussions.

Edit to add. You are right about being older doesn't make you wiser. I recall thinking, while in high school, they (friends) would someday grow up and get it. How wrong I was.
edit on 22-1-2015 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Cynical is the world we live in IMO, but from what I've seen it is being realistic in many cases.

No doubt there are many happy endings in relationships, but I think the deck is stacked by our current culture. I grew up in a suburb of Detroit and even in H.S. I realized that most of the girls were what I called "blue collar debutantes" that expected to be treated like royalty but would curse like truck drivers and would "kick your f' ing ass bitch" if you were the female competition.

The nice guys (AKA the "good ones") were there to be taken advantage of by these types. I'm not saying that there aren't male predators, it's just that no one really talks about the female ones, that is what I'm pointing out in that post. Consider that fact that women, for the most part, are the ones who get custody of the children and most want a new provider when they have discarded the old one.

Of course, there are men who want a mother figure to care for them and continue to get married over and over again. My father is that type and has had five marriages in his life time, IMO, the women later in his life were just there for his money and home. He was taken to the cleaners in every divorce and I'm amazed he has anything left to offer a woman at the end of his life (sex is out of the question at his age).

Also, the men I'm talking about, those who shy away are older (40 +) and have gone through a few relationships and end up in bad shape after a failed marriage or two. Eventually they wise up and decide there is little of their life left to mess with women, esp. when sex has less hold on their aging bodies and brains.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am 39. I learned long ago that Women are better with age. I even like them a few years older then me. I remember being just 36 and dating a 21 ear old woman and knew from the get go how that was going to end.

I don't even like the term "Older Women". I prefer "Experienced Women" who have lived some and have a grasp on who they are and who they want.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Everyone is different. For me I get it. I'm not ever going to reproduce because I hate living and life is pain for me. I've eliminated a lot of the psychological stuff that tries to trick you into reproducing. Including: relationships with opposite sex, Sexual relations, religion, marriage, etc. Its easier to have this mindset when you really really fight to make it to the next day because of suicidal ideation.
edit on 24-1-2015 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: shamaniski

Sorry it has gotten that bad for you Shamaniski.

Just accept, or better yet, be proud of your choices and focus your energy and resources toward some life goal you can believe in. Life is really hard - cold ,and the world really can be working against you at certain times and places, but there are opportunities all around you for changes and to build something you have a true passion about even though that may be outside the social norms.

It really takes being open to anything can work for you and having an unbreakable commitment to make it happen and give you an outlook to continue on in life. It could be something that you never considered before, or it could be staring you in the face.

I wish you success in all your positive endeavors. I don't just wish that for you but I have confidence in your success.
edit on 25-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comment

edit on 25-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I got married when I was 16 and my wife was 18 so I am definitely an older lady kind of guy..
Everyone told us we would fail and though the years a lot of those that told us we would fail, they failed themselves. We sure weathered some powerful storms, I lost my hair while we were raising two beautiful daughters and the hair I lost started growing out of my ears and nose. I now look older than my sexy older wife.

I really don't know what I would do without my older lady. I think I have past the point of being able to pick up the pieces if something did happen to her.

Next month we will be married 30 years and I still chase her around the house like a teenager. Now that the kids are gone and we have a 4 bedroom home, I am thinking about setting up theme rooms, but I digress...

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: shamaniski

Sorry it has gotten that bad for you Shamaniski.

Just accept, or better yet, be proud of your choices and focus your energy and resources toward some life goal you can believe in. Life is really hard - cold ,and the world really can be working against you at certain times and places, but there are opportunities all around you for changes and to build something you have a true passion about even though that may be outside the social norms.

It really takes being open to anything can work for you and having an unbreakable commitment to make it happen and give you an outlook to continue on in life. It could be something that you never considered before, or it could be staring you in the face.

I wish you success in all your positive endeavors. I don't just wish that for you but I have confidence in your success.

Oh. Thanks. Best of luck to you too!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am a 35 year old woman who due to genetics, looks early 20's.
This usually means I catch the attention of other girls that look early 20's (I am a lesbian).

Until the last few years that was all fine and dandy, but the hot young things I was spending time with just don't do it anymore. I don't feel any older deep down inside, but they feel younger to me
They feel like young teens, comparatively. There's no connection there.

They might be hot, may or may not be good in bed.. but at the end of the day they are like chewing gum. Juicy at the start but quickly get bland. I think a boiled lolly might be nicer, older style and the flavour lasts longer.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LilFox

There are a few that are old souls in early 20's that are compatible, indeed though not that many.

Something has changed lately I will agree, many of the younger crowd have been completely affected by the technology that they grew up with, something we were able to merge with and have the best of both worlds.

We must guide these young'uns lol, especially the truly gifted ones, so they do not spiral into the areas they are desperately trying to avoid.

I am 39, male, and I get a lot of attention from women of all ages, so it is interesting to observe and scan them, sure would be nice to hang out with the older ones all the time, but they are usually not AS OPEN to free-thinking in the areas I personally crave, such as REALLY taking flight into the minds-eye, as some very young ladies I have met, whose souls seem like they are mid-50's.

All in all, I see the value of the older ladies indeed, and know a good many that are really attractive, ahhh I see now I am at a point of choosing.........

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I love ageing.

I'd hate to go through all that shlep again.

The best most attractive thing anyone can offer is confidence. Be confident in what you have learned and you will zap a great guy to you like a magnet.

Move on from that ninny and start having fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join