It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Text of President Obama's State of the Union Address, as prepared for delivery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The currency based mentality must be expunged from the mind, we as a species are functioning so below our capabilities.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's always entertaining to watch the people being fed from the same crock of #, regardless who's doing the feeding, and they not only eat it up but love it.

Yum!

Yes the economy is great, except for those 94 million that have left the workforce altogether, and the 5.5 million new people who have fallen into poverty.

I suppose the numbers do lie, if you can choose how they are most favorably presented.

Everything is great. Best president and congress. Future is bright. Every single catergory is improving... Gotta love it.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the transcript SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
The Pentagon says that climate change poses immediate risks to our national security. We should act like it.

OMG! Climate change poses a risk to US national security!! Never mind the climate catastrophes the last decade around the world, but if it poses a risk to the US.. OMG WE GOTTA ACT NOW!.. pfff

Said by the leader of the nation which military industrial complex is the worlds #1 in polluting the entire world.
This military industrial complex have been (mis)used several times to wage fake wars, covert operations, interventions, deceptions and cover ups.

The United States Department of Defense is one of the largest single consumers of energy in the world, responsible for 93% of all US government fuel consumption in 2007 (Air Force: 52%; Navy: 33%; Army: 7%. Other DoD: 1%).[1] In FY 2006, the DoD used almost 30,000 gigawatt hours (GWH) of electricity, at a cost of almost $2.2 billion.

The DoD's electricity use would supply enough electricity to power more than 2.6 million average American homes. In electricity consumption, if it were a country, the DoD would rank 58th in the world, using slightly less than Denmark and slightly more than Syria (CIA World Factbook, 2006).[1] The Department of Defense uses 4,600,000,000 US gallons (1.7×1010 L) of fuel annually, an average of 12,600,000 US gallons (48,000,000 L) of fuel per day. A large Army division may use about 6,000 US gallons (23,000 L) per day. According to the 2005 CIA World Factbook, if it were a country, the DoD would rank 34th in the world in average daily oil use, coming in just behind Iraq and just ahead of Sweden.[1]

The military recognizes that renewable energy can provide improvements in force safety and budget stability as well as mitigate climate change so it has several programs working on deploying alternative energy at major facilities and in forward operating bases. Admiral Samuel J. Locklear has called climate change the biggest concern for the United States military.

Energy usage of the United States military

I live in Denmark, so it's pretty much an eye-opener that the US DoD uses almost as much electricity as my entire country! Wowa! PRISM much ?
Fuel wise, the DoD uses as much fuel as our neighbor, Sweden.

Absolutely disgusting !

And some folks still believe the wars has nothing todo with energy

edit on 21/1/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/1/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There is no way he wrote that himself or that he can keep track of all those things on his own. Our glorious leader is more or less just a walking Stamp of approval.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

The last president who wrote his own speeches was Woodrow Wilson

A History of the Presidency - Presidential ghost writers

another read
Behind Every President, There Is a Speechwriter

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yada, Yada, Blah, Blah, Blah... Barry is the Charlie McCarthy of the 21st century.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'll skip the love or hate for 0bama, but I had the distinct feeling 0bama is schizophrenic while listening to the State of the Union address. The first time when he stopped smiled and winked at (who knows?) His oratories were divided into two sections I thought. And at both pauses, it seemed he became a different personality. Perhaps it's just me, but I do believe him to be a Schizophrenic sociopath.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Didn't take long for the GOP to alter the text of what was said in the SOTU:

Republicans Post Doctored Version Of State Of The Union, Censor Facts On Climate Change

The official website for House Republicans has posted on YouTube a doctored version of President Obama’s State of the Union address which cuts out comments where the President was critical of Republican rhetoric on climate change, ThinkProgress has learned.

In the website’s “enhanced webcast” of the State of the Union speech, President Obama’s comments criticizing Republicans for saying they are “not scientists” when it comes to climate change are erased.

At the 43:25 minute mark, President Obama is supposed to say “I’ve heard some folks try to dodge the evidence by saying they’re not scientists; that we don’t have enough information to act. Well, I’m not a scientist, either. But you know what — I know a lot of really good scientists at NASA, and NOAA, and at our major universities. The best scientists in the world are all telling us that our activities are changing the climate, and if we do not act forcefully, we’ll continue to see rising oceans, longer, hotter heat waves, dangerous droughts and floods, and massive disruptions that can trigger greater migration, conflict, and hunger around the globe.”

Instead, the entire section is skipped. Obama’s comments resume with “The Pentagon says that climate change poses immediate risks to our national security. We should act like it.”

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

ROFLOL

They're keeping everybody's eyes off the bouncing ball.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

So after reading about 5 paragraphs, this thought came to my mind:

"Uh huh... and yet another long-winded speech loaded with bull#, garbage, lip service, and self-deluded back patting."

I'm on the edge of my seat... can't wait to watch it !

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Okay, I found a video of the full address from last night... Unfortunately I missed it because I was too busy scrubbing the mildew off of my shower curtain.

So here it is for anyone who (like myself) have a hard time reading long-winded verbal vomit spewing from the mouths of lipstick-wearing swines:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: JacKatMtn

She had a viral commercial during the midterms when she was elected...something about castrating pigs on her farm/cutting pork in Congress. LoL! So that may have something to do with it. It earned her a spot as a down home GOP darling.

I wonder what Joni Ernst will really do once the earmark (pork barrel spending) ban is lifted, if it's lifted. I also find it highly ironic how she joined the Senate the same year that the earmark ban was voted in. She knows how to cut pork indeed, she didn't have to and I bet she knew that.

The real bad news is the Republicans voted for the earmark ban. HOWEVER, earmarks have simply taken on a different form. Instead of transparently adding an earmark in a Bill for everyone to see:
1. What it's for
2. How much
3. Who requested it

The legislators can now go to federal agencies and ask for special money to be sent to their state or district for projects. The bad part - it's not transparent, we don't see where, what, how much, and who.

It seems to me the Republicans have a scheme going. Of course, it benefits both sides of the Legislative Isle of Tards.
edit on 21-1-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Lets evaluate the historical accounts of what Mohammed did during his life.....Interestingly enough, not too much different than things that are currently taking place in the Middle East. I mean, we can all agree nothing good comes from killing innocents, but oddly enough, the prez stay silent while Christians are raped, butchered, made into sex slaves (yes that includes children).

Personally, I dont give a damn what faith you practice, but if you harm innocents or say nothing when you know or might have an idea a whack job is about to commit murder, then you are just as bad as they are.

Its not about religion, its about basic human dignity. Can anyone recall the last time you heard of a Christian suicide bomber? Or a group of Christians killing journalists for making fun of Christ? I can't.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Obama is dictatorship like.The guy talks about helping the world constantly and making absurd amounts of promises.Meanwhile the republicans will end up taking back the entire Senate over Obama absurd campaign promises.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's a work of fiction. I wasted an hour of my life being lied to. Then I was stupid enough to stick around for the post question show.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: xuenchen

I say neither screws it up.

But the politicians are the culprits.

After all they created fiat currency.

To use to divide, and conquer the masses.

Greenbacks were the most successful currency we have had in the entire US's history. It was 100% fiat.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thank you for this SO

Didn't have time yesterday to find it or read it - what a nice surprise to find the whole thing right here at ATS

Nice :-)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Love it, but would have LOVED to see the "applause breaks" (I wouldn't be surprised if they had those "APPLAUSE NOW" signs these days) added to fill out the total mental image. Still, interesting read.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Rebuttal up next...

Freshman Senator Ernst (R) Iowa..

How did she get the rebuttal?

She ran a campaign including TV Ads talking about how she used to castrate pigs on the farm and she would bring that sentiment to DC

She appeared to me to pander a bit much in the GOP response. I found myself cringing when she did the bread bags on the shoes bit. It seemed to be just trying to hard. That and she smiled through the whole thing even whilst discussing things that definitely didn't warrant a smile...

Admittedly both superficial critiques.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I'm just wondering when the republicans are going to have the balls to get up and call this president what he is a communist bastard who's agenda must be stopped most people in the United States feel this way!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join